Not drinking at Uni? (1 Viewer)

msheppard

HSC
As I approach going to uni (most likely ANU), I've been interested in how true the perceived "drinking culture" of Uni is. I'm completely abstinent from drugs and alcohol, and am a little worried that this will make it harder to meet people (if social events are largely focused on getting maggoted). Has anyone here started uni whilst drug/alcohol free? How did it go?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Just get something virgin and tell people it has alcohol in it, that way they can't say AYYY mate why aren't ya having a beer???

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
As for drugs, cos I know it is a big thing in ANU, just stay out of it.

msheppard

HSC
I know a couple people there, very big thing in the student accom culture to smoke bongs. And prob do lines and pop pillies as well, mostly cos people are international students. /QUOTE]

I come from a rural area: Weed is normal. Alcohol is encouraged. I'm sure I can manage a few stoners, it's more being forced into things I'm concerned about

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I know a couple people there, very big thing in the student accom culture to smoke bongs. And prob do lines and pop pillies as well, mostly cos people are international students. /QUOTE]

I come from a rural area: Weed is normal. Alcohol is encouraged. I'm sure I can manage a few stoners, it's more being forced into things I'm concerned about
Nobody is going to force u

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I mean technically if you consume tea or coffee or other prescription medicines then you'll have taken drugs before.

I tend to find that the people who tend to question the non-consumption of alcohol tend typically tend to have problematic consumption, so just go in with the mindset/attitude that it says more about them then you. Don't be judgemental when people are consuming alchol or illegal drugs and most people should be fine with it in my experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)