Not enough coffee carts (1 Viewer)

sean1990

HSC
Hey guys,

thought i would have a rant.

Why the fk is there not enough coffee shops on campus...why are people made to line up behind 20 people for a coffee for goodness sake.

Okay, so i did transfer from UWS parra, who had 5 places serving the exact same grinders coffee.

However, I have only seen 1 coffee cart (excluding places selling coffee in the food shops in the hall).

Why is this?....

I would personally get a loan and fund a new coffee cart and employ somebody else to run it. I'm sure it would be a massive hit considering all the people who are willing to line up 30minutes for a fkn coffee.

Anyone else agree? If ur not a coffee drinker u probably wouldn't understand as there are a shit load of vending machines around....at least they got that right.

Tabris

HSC
I use to get my coffee from SIBT The Globe. Theres usually no more than 4 people lining up at any one time. However, avoid the first and alst ten minutes of the hour as people rush for their post/before-class snack and coffee.

Theres alot more variety in food and snacks avail as well as some sofas and lastly, good air conditioning.

I guess people either avoid it because ist Chinatown or they dont visit that part of uni often (I have friends who never visit the E blocks of Macq apart from E7B and E6B durng their whole 5 years)

sean1990

HSC
I do agree, I love the variety and the fact they have some independent food outlets.

So I pose this question to all mq students on here.

List the best place to get coffee on campus to avoid waiting behind 20-30 people.

(thanks to the poster above~ just think this would be interesting).

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Dude we have stacks of coffee carts, its just the newbie's don't know where they all are yet so are making the main ones busy.

I generally get mine from Marxines (because they have lactose free milk) or the library coffee cart because its closest to my classes.

Bring your own cup, you'll save 50cents

Creo Cafe

Located in the Faculty of the Arts Building (Y3A) Creo Cafe is the latest edition to the U@MQ Eat & Drink family.

Perfectly located in the tranquil part of the campus, Creo is surrounded by stunning round vista views overlooking the grounds and creek. Just watch out for the families of ducks parading around the area.

This is a great place to get away for a quiet study session or hold your team meetings. Creo is currently closed until Februrary 2010 with menu and dining room upgrades.

Marxines Cafe

Located at the western entrance to the U@MQ Foodcourt (C10A), Marxines has just launched its fresh and fabulous new menu. This is a convenient spot for a quick catch up with colleagues and classmates or just taking a break from the busy campus acitivites to rewind.

Globe Cafe

Located on the ground floor of E3A building, Globe Cafe welcomes and embraces the International Campus Community offering 100% Organic/Fairtrade Coffee as well as snacks, meals and vending options.

Watch this space for a major refurbishment in 2010 and menu upgrade where you will be able to order breakfast, lunch or snacks from a wide range of International dishes as well as healthy and delicious cafe items.

Crunch Cafe

Conveniently located at the Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre (W10A), Crunch Cafe has something to satisfy all taste buds whether you are stopping in for a quick bite after a work out or popping in for a relaxed breakfast or lazy lunch with friends! For the fitness enthusiasts there are also high protein options for refuelling and re-energising.

Library Coffee Cart

Located outside of the Macquarie Theatre and right opposite The Library building (C7A) is the popular Libary Coffee Cart. Perfect stopover spot for a caffeine hit on route to a lecture or help you re-focus on your study, be sure to try the great coffee and say hello to the friendly staff next time you stop by.

Long Shot Coffee Cart

The original Fairtrade Coffee Cart is located on the footpath outside the E3B building. It all started here with a student led trial of Fairtrade Coffee in 2007. Fast forward two year, not only do all outlets now serve 100% Certified Organic/Fairtrade Coffee, Macquarie University can boast to be the first Fair Trade University in NSW and one of only two in Australia - accredited by Fair Trade Association Australia & New Zealand.

Mobile Coffee Cart - affectionately known as Bev

We are where you need to be! When you need a coffee and your on the run look out for Bev our mobile coffee cart. You will be able to get your favourite fabulous quality fair trade organic coffee and snacks, fast and with our usual friendly service. Keep your eye out for Bev she could end up being your best friend on campus.

Last edited:

sean1990

HSC
yes that all sounds good.

your "library" coffee cart is a joke. a "stopover" before a lecture is not feasible as it will talk half the time of your lecture to get a coffee.

Where is the best place to get a coffee at MQ taking into account the waiting time and quality?????

The best place, not all the places~~~thank you though MELSC

Thank you.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

However, if you stop promoting them and answer my question it would benefit me and other looking at this thread.

your "library" coffee cart is a joke. a "stopover" before a lecture is not feasible as it will talk half the time of your lecture to get a coffee.

So I post my question again.

Where is the best place to get a coffee at MQ taking into account the waiting time and quality.

Thank you.

Take into account the fact that it is the first week back, people don't know there are other coffee carts so are clogging up the central ones.

Try the long shot one, its no where near as busy and not that far from the library.

They are so dispersed that sometimes waiting is quicker than heading over to the less busy ones!

Good luck, bring your own cup and save

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Where is the best place to get a coffee at MQ taking into account the waiting time and quality?????

The best place, not all the places~~~thank you though MELSC

Thank you.

Seriously, grow up a bit and chill

sean1990

HSC
lol asylum.

It's a simple question to prevent waiting 30minutes for a coffee which takes around 1min to produce.

thanks for your helpful words mate, grow up by not posting when you have no contribution.:hippie:

Monstar

HSC
Simple Solution: Dont drink Coffee.

Real men snort cocaine. By the kilo.

maka

HSC
Most of the times I have been, it only takes about 5 minutes. I dont know why people would think otherwise at peak times.

Most coffee shops irrespective of their location usually take 5-10 minutes to serve everyone in peak time.

You could always go to Macquarie Centre and have a coffee there.... many stores there that serve coffees.... some of them are even half decent.

X

xeuyrawp

Hey guys,

thought i would have a rant.

Why the fk is there not enough coffee shops on campus...
I stopped reading right there as I was standing infront of the coffee cart outside Marxines all week. It had like three customers all week.

As much as I hate Campus Experience, it's not their fault you're an idiot and can't find the new outlets they've opened up.

sean1990

HSC
I stopped reading right there as I was standing infront of the coffee cart outside Marxines all week. It had like three customers all week.

As much as I hate Campus Experience, it's not their fault you're an idiot and can't find the new outlets they've opened up.

Okay, well go stand infront of the library coffee cart all day and see the comparison.

FYI, go fuck yourself.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Okay, well go stand infront of the library coffee cart all day and see the comparison.

FYI, go fuck yourself.
Fire up sonny jim! Rage at the establishment, down with capitalism and all that jazz!

rajputsingh

HSC
Fire up sonny jim! Rage at the establishment, down with capitalism and all that jazz!

LOL there was actually a lady going around on O-Week saying the exact same thing. She was trying to recruit members

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)