Not enough room? (1 Viewer)

mel85

Does anyone else agree that there wasn't enough space to write a decent, well structured answer? I found it bloody hard 2 fit everything in & ended up writing all down the sides of the pages with arrows pointing everywhere!!!

kochy

Useless uni student
HSC
yeah i could'nt fit my answer in for just about every question and i have very small writing

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yeah and they didnt allocate space correctly... like a 3 mark question had pretty much the same amound of lines as a 6 mark one... it was weird... i had to write everywhere as well.. and for the questions that were on their own on a page i had to write all the way down the blank space on the remaining part of the page... it was rediculous... but im always like that in exams...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I agree, not once did I write an answer without going outside the lines. Why give 2 lines to write a description of enantiostasis? Pffft.

badlysketched

lol tell me about it... i'm so glad on some of those questions that they left the rest of the page blank... even if they did leave only four lines... maybe they should start giving us writting booklets for all sections!

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by badlysketched
lol tell me about it... i'm so glad on some of those questions that they left the rest of the page blank... even if they did leave only four lines... maybe they should start giving us writting booklets for all sections!
so are you saying for example for question to describe enantiostasis we should get a 4 pages writing booklet?

tempco

HSC
I had to use an extra booklet for the core topics, and 2 booklets for the option. Definitely a lack of space for the core topics.

psycho_mushy

HSC
our teacher told us that in biology u write down points... not sentences like in english.... they just want the raw facts of what u knew.... so i wrote in points

the enantiostasis question with 2 lines was fine

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
i think the lines they gave were adequate, only one i was annoyed with what
describe a investigation to bla bla bla co2 on pH of water

i had to write on wides of page

other than that some of those one page questions, i just wrote off the lines all the way to bottom with most of em, specially the watkins/crick etc one

*hopeful*

HSC
definately a major lack of space
like it wuz ok 4 certain qstns but 4 like 4 marks only 3 lines..... den again my writing isnt really small so
i wrote in every open space i got including d sides
sukd in 4 d markers :) hehe

arls

Originally posted by ~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

i had to write on wides of page

other than that some of those one page questions, i just wrote off the lines all the way to bottom with most of em, specially the watkins/crick etc one
yeah...lol i did the same.. i was happy to see extra space at the bottom of those questions that needed eg watson/crick.. i certainly used it!

why didnt ppl just grab extra booklets from the exam ladies/men? thats what we all did at my school.. grab and extra book and add extra stuff that didnt fit!

i know every one finished early... i knew that would happen always does in bio so i spaced myself out and spent more time answering all the questions so that i wouldn have stacks of time left over. I was very relaxed and consequently finished with 20 minutes to read ova questions and change stuff round...

why dont ppl just extend their answers if they have extra time?? i never understand that? you dont get marked down for extra knowledge but you could be marked up?

ruella

that's what booklets are for! our bio teacher's been drilling that into us for the past few weeks of last term, cuz we ALWAYS go over the line limit in our exams.

manta

Originally posted by mel85
Does anyone else agree that there wasn't enough space to write a decent, well structured answer? I found it bloody hard 2 fit everything in & ended up writing all down the sides of the pages with arrows pointing everywhere!!!
i read somewhere that the amount of lines allocated is how much the markers expect you to write, but i went from the very edge of one side to the very edge of the other side.. who needs margins? lol. there was like a 6 mark question with like 4 lines, I thought that was pretty stupid!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)