Votes: 3 23.1%

Votes: 3 23.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 (the world ending would be better)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

C-BAS

HSC
Just had a thought, not everyone gets their desired ATAR. Some even miss out on uni all together. What do you guys rekon, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 the worst), would be your reaction if you didn't get your ATAR goal?

Mine would be about a 7. My aim is 80, but at UTS (third preference) there is a good course that has a cut off at around 74-75. If I missed out on that, though, it'd be a jump-off-a-building-life's-not-worth-living kind of reaction lol.

dv3

HSC
IMO im not that concerned if i dont get the course i want due to the hsc. All I have to do is complete the newstep course (which is offered at UNCLE regardless if you got 30ATAR in the exam). Its just like redoing the HSC but better (as you get to learn and prepares you for uni better....well thats what i heard) and you do it in 6months with only 4 subjects. (< 15hrs p/w).

and im hyped about it......

Although seriously, if i do bad in Software Design (like get < band 4) then I'd say the world ending would of been better.

danal353

HSC
good bye sydney law, hello ANU!

don't really mind that I won't get into sydney, pretty excited about ANU anyway...

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I think I would be pretty cut down if I didn't make it to 90+.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think marks below 90 are bad in any way - I've just worked pretty hard, and anything less would be a slap in the face.

But I only need around 85+ for B Biomed at Newcastle
[94.3 was what I was initially aiming for with B Medicine, but I think that's out of the picture for now...]. And If I can't get and 85. That would depress me something chronic. Not quite slit-my-wrists chronic, lol... but would be epic pissed.

If I didn't get over 70 (For B Sc)... then I think I would just cack myself laughing, and resort to becoming a high school teacher...

samthebear

HSC
my aim is about 85 but if i dont even make into the UNSW science program (78) i'd be pretty depressed. my plans were exactly like emmcyclopedia's plan with the teaching but now it looks like it'll be nursing instead of teaching now T_T
Goodbye UNSW science. hello Notre Dame nursing /epic cut

Last edited:

emmcyclopedia

HSC
my aim is about 85 but if i dont even make into the UNSW science program (78) i'd be pretty depressed. my plans were exactly like emmcyclopedia's plan with the teaching but now it looks like it'll be nursing instead of teaching now T_T
Goodbye UNSW science. hello Notre Dame nursing /epic cut
... i think now is an opportune moment to point out that i was joking =P

Actually though, i was seriously considering teaching at one stage.
But medicine is the direction i'm going (eventually...!)

Hey, don't give up on yourself. there's really no justifiable reason to be so hard on yourself just yet. Exams are only just over (or nearly for some), results aren't out. You'll be surprised at your ATAR I bet.

Everyone will. This year, BOS was sneaky. Kinda clever, kinda annoying.
Many people were shocked, but as a result I think us guinea pigs of '09 will reap the lovely alignment rewards =P

Scinery

HSC
My course requires 78, but if I don't get 90 I will be pretty devastated.

johony

HSC
i'd be pretty pissed off if i got sub-80, or didn't get into any media course at unsw. my next best option would be b. arts at unsw which is 78. otherwise, i'll probably have to go to UWS which would piss me off a lot if i had to travel all the way to parramatta/penrith to do a media course. 90 is very ideal, but with one subject pulling me down and with band 4-5s everywhere else; this is unlikely.

in terms of numbers, probably a 7-8.

fliick

HSC
N/A
I decided to finish year 12 and started HSC 7 months ago. About a month ago I decided to do pathways instead and nail 4U maths next year while working/partying. Now Ive thrown in chem into next year too. =)

And if I get shit marks for Phys or Bio, I can always do them over too, the context wouldn't change much.

Aiming for over 90ATAR, but current course I want to do cut off at 78.
Maybe I can start aiming for higher sciences? (Current ultimate goal is astrophysics)

Oh well have another year to bludge and figure it out.
And it's storming =)

shady145

Banned
HSC
scholarship = 96... thought this was gonna be easy, then the english exam came XD now it could be anywhere 95<ATAR<99
i wnt mind that much if i dnt get it so around 5

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not quite end of the world, but I'd be pretty bad.

untouchablecuz

HSC
i was pretty devestated when i got my crap UMAT results :( 10 at the time

but i got over it; i need 95.7+ for all my scholarships atm

kaytee91

HSC
Ill be cut at myself if I dont get the ATAR I want, but i only need 79 to get into my course, so its not the end of the world. It more like, id be pissed at myself for not achieving what I know I couldve if I was so effin lazy. Ha.

yaniscool

HSC
I assure you I'd be devo.
but there's always a backup plan lol

C-BAS

HSC
Being a teacher (or at least senior school) isn't that bad a profession. Come on now. I've considered it, and am still considering whether to do a Dip. Ed. after my BSc/BMarSc (probably not, but you never know). But that decision would be made in the future, have to get into uni first!

Both my parents are/have been teachers and they make it obvious that if you teach at a good school it can be great, but at the same time teaching at somewhere you hate sucks balls.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
i don't really WANT to do anything next year, and what i do want i can't get into so i'm sort of meh at the moment. but if i don't get over 90 i will hate myself forever so yeah :eek:

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I'd be quite disappointed but I know that the degree I'm looking at has flexible entry for students with an ATAR 5 percentile points off the cutoff. Even if I didn't get that, I'm pretty sure I could make any of the other courses in the same faculty and then transfer at the end of the first year.

Blaz-357

HSC
i just voted a 4, since i no im not gonna get the 99.45 ATAR for UNSW Law, so no point in getting all devo about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)