• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

not satisfied with my maths rank (1 Viewer)

screwuhsc

HSC
so i got my maths rank this wednesday from my school and i was 50th however i am not satisfied that this is right
am i allowed to ask my teachers on what marks they have entered in the system for each assessment
so like 1st exam half yearly, 3rd trial marks they enterted in the system?
ALSO I AM SO STUPID I GOT MY TRIAL PAPER LAST LAST FRIDAY AND I GOT 63/100 WHEN I RECOUNTED THEM UP YESTERDAY AND NOW IM GETTING 73/100 WILL THE TEACHERS CHANGE THIS AS IT IS AN ADDITIONING ERROR AS THEY WROTE 3 IN A BOOKLET WHEREAS I ACTUALLY REALITY GOT 13? WOULD THEY ALLOW THIS TO CHANGE, AS I DIDNT CHANMGE OR WRITE ANYTHING EXTRA IN THE PAGE? I WAS SO PISSED ON THAT DAY DIDNT BOTHER LOOKING AT THE PAPER SO YEA

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You can request to see your marks. Mine were wrong, but you have to also have proof of all the assessments that you did. I hope you kept those marks.

screwuhsc

HSC
yea i have my marks for all of them and my booklets yea cheers adrift

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Dunno if you take it home at my school you aren't allowed to change the mark.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Challenge it in the high court lol.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
but thats so unfair though even if they make a mistake???
Well if you have the assessment to prove it yes, but they don't change simply because you didn't add up the marks correctly.

(Fair enough in my opinion)

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
but thats so unfair though even if they make a mistake???
Mine was similar case. They did a mistake (not as big as his though- they missed like 2 questions when marking), confirmed for one when I appealed and then declined to have done any mistakes and then yeh. But yeh I let it be cos either way 1 rank down from like 2nd to third wasnt that much of a problem cos a friend then became second so yeh. As long as they havent sent your ranks to Board of studies you can ask for change and as long as you havent signed the confirmation paper.

Last edited:

QZP

HSC
Mine was similar case. They did a mistake (not as big as his though- they missed like 2 questions when marking), confirmed for one when I appealed and then declined to have done any mistakes and then yeh. But yeh I let it be cos either way 1 rank down from like 2nd to third wasnt that much of a problem cos a friend then became second so yeh. As long as they havent sent your ranks to Board of studies you can ask for change and as long as you havent signed the confirmation paper.
What paper?

QZP

HSC
Oh they give us a paper which is a confirmation that you have agreed to your received marks and have done all the appeals.
Is this before or after the HSC?

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
The first thing that you do when you get back your paper is check that it is correct lol. I guess try and talk to the head teacher.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
The first thing that you do when you get back your paper is check that it is correct lol. I guess try and talk to the head teacher.
My head teacher is screwed in the head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)