not sitting an exam. (1 Viewer)

nugget01

HSC
If you've got 12 units, and you know you're going to bomb-out in an exam because you haven't studied, can you just not turn up. I'm asking on behalf of a friend, who's concerned that she'll bring the pool of marks down in a history class of about 14 people. is it just better for her to chuck a sicky? i don't know how it all works so i couldn't give advice. Help?

dolbinau

HSC
If she is NOT ranked last in the class of 14 people, I'd strongly suggest she take the exam.

X

xeuyrawp

nugget01 said:
If you've got 12 units, and you know you're going to bomb-out in an exam because you haven't studied, can you just not turn up. I'm asking on behalf of a friend, who's concerned that she'll bring the pool of marks down in a history class of about 14 people. is it just better for her to chuck a sicky? i don't know how it all works so i couldn't give advice. Help?
It's pretty common for students to think that they're going to majorly screw up. It's part of human nature, where we assume that something will go wrong, and when it does, it'll be bad. If something has already gone wrong, we also think that it'll have bigger repercussions than it really will. So basically we think things are far worse than they are.

To totally ignore your question, I would suggest that your friend tries her best between now and the end of the exam to do well in it.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I do 12 units; Biology won't count 100% sure.

So i will be turning up, but i will no idea how to answer any of the questions.

nugget01

HSC
Thanks for the feedback. If she doesn't though, will it affect other people's marks in the class?

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
if she is ranked last, no because then she'd probably get the lowest external anyway.
if she's not ranked last, then sucks for the person who is if she doesn't do the exam.

Jezzakar

HSC
As much as the whole BOS uai marking system is a completely different language to me, I think it will count if she doesnt turn up. Your internal marks also count towards the HSC (or else I worked my ass off for nothing), and the external is only part of it, which, if she doesnt do it, will bring her down incredibly, thus bringing her whole class down.
I think. I may be ass talking. You just never know.

Communist Panda

HSC
Technically to be awarded an HSC you must "make a serious attempt," so by not attempting an exam, they are risking their entire HSC. Likely nothing along those lines will happen, how do they know it isn't a serious attempt?

nugget01

HSC
Well, i think she wanted to drop it earlier in the year, but never got around to doing so...

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
ask her to contact the school. the school can fax OBOS a form to withdraw her from the course on the morning of the exam.

alternatively, if she just doesn't turn up, it'll be a non-satisfactory attempt and it won't appear on her record of achievement. btw, it won't affect the moderation of the school assessment marks if this happens.

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
Jezzakar said:
As much as the whole BOS uai marking system is a completely different language to me, I think it will count if she doesnt turn up. Your internal marks also count towards the HSC (or else I worked my ass off for nothing), and the external is only part of it, which, if she doesnt do it, will bring her down incredibly, thus bringing her whole class down.
I think. I may be ass talking. You just never know.
Your internal ranks do, not your marks

Jezzakar

HSC
namburger said:
Your internal ranks do, not your marks
Ranks is pretty much what i meant but yer. well done for understanding the language better than i do. that sounded well sarcastic but it wasnt. :D

Takuto

HSC
i know people who didnt turn up, the last thing they thought about was how it would affect other people.

chances are if you're considering not turning up you're ranked at the bottom/will fail badly anyway.. so it wont really make a diff to anyone.

dont go if you dont want to =]

oh, and if ur ranked higher

all the more power to you

henry08

HSC
N/A
Tell her to GTFO and drop out of school or do the god-dam exam!!!

bao28

HSC
what about the estimated mark based on your assessment mark? where does that come from then? lol

Takuto

HSC
bao28 said:
what about the estimated mark based on your assessment mark? where does that come from then? lol
proving that you were sick or something happened to you on that day.. misadventure appeal

u get 0 if u dun turn up =]

bao28

HSC
Takuto said:
proving that you were sick or something happened to you on that day.. misadventure appeal

u get 0 if u dun turn up =]
oh, damn, i shudda actually done good in my school assessments than just piss on them on the day >.> lol and then id prolly do something to get out of 1 exam and still get awesome marks lol

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
sit the exam and leave after the 1st hour... remember HSC is about school teamwork... id hate her for life if she did that 2 me and lowered everyones marks cause of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)