Not sure whether to drop. (1 Viewer)

gandalfbrah

HSC
I'm currently on 11 units with MX2, EX1, Pdhpe and chemistry. Im not sure as to whether i should drop extension english or not. I averaged around 75% in my prelim year but currently dont feel commited to subject. Opinions are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calamebe

HSC
It might be nice to have a backup subject, 1 unit isn't that much work, really. Though if you're so bored in it you really don't do any work, it may not be the best. I think it would be good as it could improve your English if you have any trouble at all with that, but I'm not the most educated on this topic.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say keep it, it makes a decent back up option.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Maybe keep it for now seeing as in Y12 you do a completely different topic to Y11 with different texts and stuff, see if you like it better? It isn't a lot of work if you enjoy it. Give it some time but feel free to drop it once you know you still aren't committed to the coursework.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Yeah I very near dropped it after prelims but was talked out of it, thank god. My ext class is one of my fave teachers and my best friend, and for the most part I like the topic and texts so I'm livin' the dream lol

buriza

conviction
HSC
Really depends on whether or not you feel confident with doing well in the 10 units you'll have left over, since you won't have any leeway room. Basically my personal opinion of English Extension is that you'll probably need to have some commitment to the subject in order to do well, since there's even more emphasis to voice your viewpoint on the texts. So it comes down to whether or not you think it's worth it to spend some time on the extra subject (because you will need to) or just stick with the 10. At the end of the day the main con is that you might finish up with the HSC and English Extension didn't end up mattering - try to compare the marks you've had in the prelim year and judge whether or not you see it changing for the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)