Not this time (1 Viewer)

Daniel.M.90

HSC
As most of you know, i arrived 40 minutes late on Friday to the English Paper 1 http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=187351

Not this time though :) I set up 5 alarms, 4 on my iphone and an actual one on full volume on my bedhead right above me. I wasn't taking any risks this time..

I thought to myself, i'll get to school an hour early.. just in case, who knows right?
Have my shower, get ready, eat, brush my teeth, grab my things, sit in my car, turn the ignition.. :jaw:
The cars gone flat.. what are the odds? So i run round to the neighbours house and ask the fella for boost, luckily enough i already had the jumper leads sitting in the garage.

Thankfully enough I got to school with about 30-40 minutes to spare. However wasted about 25 of it on mates wanting to look at my car then gave my trials essays one last flick.

someone or something has reaaalllyyy got it in for me :S

All aside though, I smaaasshheed the exam... So happy with the questions and my responses.

Roga

HSC
wait, you got to school on time? What's the point of opening up another thread for coming to the exam on time?

HSC
Daniel.M.90 said:
As most of you know, i arrived 40 minutes late on Friday to the English Paper 1 http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=187351

Not this time though :) I set up 5 alarms, 4 on my iphone and an actual one on full volume on my bedhead right above me. I wasn't taking any risks this time..

I thought to myself, i'll get to school an hour early.. just in case, who knows right?
Have my shower, get ready, eat, brush my teeth, grab my things, sit in my car, turn the ignition.. :jaw:
The cars gone flat.. what are the odds? So i run round to the neighbours house and ask the fella for boost, luckily enough i already had the jumper leads sitting in the garage.

Thankfully enough I got to school with about 30-40 minutes to spare. However wasted about 25 of it on mates wanting to look at my car then gave my trials essays one last flick.

All aside though, I smaaasshheed the exam... So happy with the questions and my responses.

lol congrats on the effect...
thats way too much of an exciting adventure :s lol
waking late is also my massive nightmare that i use 2 alarms:D i ensure u if i could ind more i would :p

one more morning exam left :D

hehe

scatface69

HSC
i got to school like half an hour late, maybe more, i misread timetable. our school has this thing tho, cos were a distant school, if were late, and sometimes even if were not, they can put these forms for allowances. so glad my schools hard to get to!

Daniel.M.90

HSC
honeyissweet25 said:
lol congrats on the effect...
thats way too much of an exciting adventure :s lol
waking late is also my massive nightmare that i use 2 alarms i ensure u if i could ind more i would

one more morning exam left

hehe
tell me about it, once math is done i've only got 2 afternoon exams :D

HSC
Daniel.M.90 said:
tell me about it, once math is done i've only got 2 afternoon exams :D

hehe im sweet no maths for me :D:D:D:D:D

its modern then...

religion till 5pm:jaw:

scatlover999

HSC
scatface69 said:
i got to school like half an hour late, maybe more, i misread timetable. our school has this thing tho, cos were a distant school, if were late, and sometimes even if were not, they can put these forms for allowances. so glad my schools hard to get to!
wtf sif

wat school u at brah?

scatface69

HSC
i go to berg (Joshua Berger Community College), out near penrith, only 20 kids in our year. yeh the school said we can get up to 5 uai points if we do it for all exams, reckon i might lol

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
heyyy nice to see you made it in time for the second exam :D:D

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
Congrats, lucky you still got there with time to spare.

I do that too.. set a zillion alarms, on my phone, brother's watch, actual clock, dad, mum, etc. You never know.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Wow so much shit happens to you
I would be really scared.. like really

Kew

HSC
That's what you call bad karma.

I feel for you. :(

savio23q

Band
HSC
Pics or GTFO

Nah, congrats on arriving early to your exams. A reward is in order.

Last edited:

damaged.angel

HSC
yes i do congratulate you
lucky you wanted to arrive early
or you would of been screwed

two late exams (Til 5!!!!) thursday and friday
and then maths early in the morning on monday
sigh

i never ever made it to first period monday maths
i barely made it on time atleast
and now i gots a HSC exam
time for me to fail
:angry:

danmikerob

HSC
i set my alarm on my phone to what i thought was 6.30
but actually it was 9.30
and then for the exxam i turned my phone off
but because my phones retarted the alarm still goes off when my phones off
so it went off 10 mins into the exam
and even worse everyones bags were inside the exam room incase it rained
so a loud alarm, under a pile of bags starts going off, and when the examiner finally finds my bag, and gets my phone out, she presses sleep.
and 5 mins later
beep beeeeep, beep beeeeep
i had to take the battery out to make sure it didnt happen again
and then the idiot examiner

Daniel.M.90

HSC
ronnknee said:
Wow so much shit happens to you
I would be really scared.. like really
yeah but only thing is, usually everythings too good.. its like as if everythings catching up now and at the worst time possible

Daniel.M.90

HSC
danmikerob said:
i set my alarm on my phone to what i thought was 6.30
but actually it was 9.30
and then for the exxam i turned my phone off
but because my phones retarted the alarm still goes off when my phones off
so it went off 10 mins into the exam
and even worse everyones bags were inside the exam room incase it rained
so a loud alarm, under a pile of bags starts going off, and when the examiner finally finds my bag, and gets my phone out, she presses sleep.
and 5 mins later
beep beeeeep, beep beeeeep
i had to take the battery out to make sure it didnt happen again
and then the idiot examiner
lol now that would suck big time, I spose you can see the funny side now it's over though right? Thats a first i've heard of a phone's alarm still going off even when switched off.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
My alarm goes off when switched off.

In fact, I switched phones so I took out the SIM from the old phone, stuck it into the new phone etc. And on the old phone I used to have an alarm set at 6am... and now, every single morning without fail, it rings at 6am anyway. With no SIM inside it.

Gives you the option to sleep or turn it off. If you try and turn on the phone though, you get the normal blab about inserting a SIM card or making an emergency call. There's no way for me to turn off the stupid alarm [unless I just put the SIM back in, which I cbf doing].

I could take out the battery but I want to see how long it'll last. I think it's been about half a year now, and the battery's only half-depleted since it only turns on for a second or so each day before I hit 'off'.

Also, lame about everything bad catching up with you now. At least it'll be out of the way for another few years, I'd hope. :p

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
Daniel.M.90 said:

i don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)