• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NOTES ?!?!?!?!?!?! have you started (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Notes make it much easier when it comes to study and you are constantly revising older work and can keep it fresh in your mind (also aiding for study).

Makes you feel like you're doing something too.

K

khorne

Notes also generally follow the syllabus, so you have everything in order, and aren't over studying (studying for things that won't be tested) or understaudying (not studying for things being tested).

Bek93

HSC
i've only started notes for chemistry, because i really know i will need them or i'll be stuffed.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I don't really know how to make notes for preliminary. My teachers suck and they just confuse me. Could anyone upload their notes for Chemistry and Physics?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I find chemistry really simple :D It just sticks.

You should really write your own notes.... and they simply have to answer the syllabus questions and know ther fundamentals of that topic.

Weddas

Cooking Up a Storm
HSC
My self, all i do at school is assessments and notes!
istead of doing homework and shit i make notes, it helps me learn quicker, and makes me work more efficient with the time frame that i am given.

For notes on making notes look at this website for a guide (i realise that it is "lecture notes" but that is really the same as class notes [spoken word] but you can still use parts of it for normal book note taking:
How to Take Lecture Notes - wikiHow

also for those that are eather getting one of the goverments computers or are allready useing computers in most of there classes, i reccomend:

Microsoft OneNote 2007
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/onenote/FX100487701033.aspx)

K

khorne

Also OneNote has limited OCR, so you can copy some hand written notes easily.

HSC
:) YAY! my chem notes are up-to-date. we r doing the 5th part from the chem syllabus, so as we go through these weeks, i'll update them.

but. i still have eco, legal and p.e. to go >.>

so ima start verrrry soon.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I should try to get into typing notes... I'm not sure how I would go at remembering stuff though... but I think it's best to write them sine the HSC requires you to write everything. When it's all done on the computers, then I would be doing everything on a notebook/laptop.

leetsa

HSC
Well, i'm currently in prelim now studying
2U maths, Extension English, IPT, SDD, D&T & Business.
I've started notes for a couple of these subjects. One of my friend's recommended for me to download the syllabus and follow the outcomes and all. GREAT IDEA! LOL, some books would follow the syllabus. So yeah, goodo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)