Notes (1 Viewer)

orly?

HSC
how long are your notes for this topic?

akukei

HSC
56 pages and nowhere near done.

It will be the death of me, there is far too much to learn!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
akukei said:
56 pages and nowhere near done.

It will be the death of me, there is far too much to learn!
56 pages and not even almost done??????

To answer all the dot points thoroughly and have a set of model answers for previous and possible future questions your notes need not be that long.

Remember - having too much information is harder to memorise and means you are more tempted to use irrelevant information and get sidetracked as you wish to show the full extent of your knowledge. This is not necessarily answering the question which is what you must do to get great marks.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
I could help cut that down to 20 pages? :D (see link below)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I could help cut down that for free! See my post above!!!!
GO TEAM ARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

akukei

HSC
I plan to cut it down into exam notes anyway, i know i can't memorise that many pages. It is, however, very handy to have all your resources summerised and categorised according to the syllabus in one place. If you ever forget anything, its right there.

Thanks anyway though ari :)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
No problem:)

Overloading with information seemed to be many peoples problem in my grade with Ancient history as the dot points are so open ended.

Mishona

HSC
..help !!
Exams in week 7 and have just BEGUN to write up notes for P&H.
=(
& then theres Old Kingdom Egypt too.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
You should be fine at around 20 written pages for Pompeii and Herculaneum. But.. it differs from person to person, so I can't be sure if that would be too little or too much for you personally.

20 pages got me through the HSC just fine. :)

dawne-ay

HSC
DEAR ALL,

do you have any pompeii notes i could have :D
I have my exam in exactly 3 days and i havent started to study:spzz:
mind you i have legal on the same to study for aswell
im screwed in other words
but
any help you be much appreciated !!!

live.fast

HSC
N/A
DEAR ALL,

do you have any pompeii notes i could have :D
I have my exam in exactly 3 days and i havent started to study:spzz:
mind you i have legal on the same to study for aswell
im screwed in other words
but
any help you be much appreciated !!!
In response to any others who might have similar needs for notes - I am currently selling my Ancient History notes. See link in signature, below.

rocktheyard

HSC
In response to any others who might have similar needs for notes - I am currently selling my Ancient History notes. See link in signature, below.
OMFG, you have already advertised two times! Seriously, if people want to buy your notes, they will, just stop cramming threads with advertisements that offer no such help to the OP.

IMO I don't see why people sell their notes, or why idiots actually buy them, its basically the same as a summarized textbook. It's so much better to actually make your own notes.

themerald

HSC
OMFG, you have already advertised two times! Seriously, if people want to buy your notes, they will, just stop cramming threads with advertisements that offer no such help to the OP.

IMO I don't see why people sell their notes, or why idiots actually buy them, its basically the same as a summarized textbook. It's so much better to actually make your own notes.
Hear, hear.
some of the textbooks have summary pages at the end of each chapter.

simplyyme

HSC
i think mine were 38 pages, didn't even end up using half of them >_>

lanesy101

HSC
yah
mine are only 23 pages + 10 or so for non examinable
Easiest way is to literally break it down to its simplest form! if you learn enough you can have notes about 10 pages for all with just dot points!
study study study :rofl:

live.fast

HSC
N/A

Wow. Calm down there buddy. No need to have a stroke over it.

If you'd read back through the thread, you'd see that I've offered advice on roughly how many pages of written notes I believed would be effective for study of this Core topic. (20 pages was my advice - from personal experience).

As to why someone might want to purchase notes? Perhaps to see what sources a past student chose to use? Maybe to see what particular tidbits of information might be lacking from their own notes? It's all relative. Oh, and the advertisement is part of my signature - I don't actually reply directly with it. I think incidental is the word.

P.S - Common sense advice to all - structure your notes according to the syllabus. And try not to rewrite your textbook - simplicity should be your aim. Sophisticated source choice, and simple structure. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)