• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Novels!!! (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
I do that and it works till your given some random novel that isnt on Sparknotes and you actually have to read it. :mad1:
u should get out the habbit of doing that :D I only use spark notes as a reference when writing my essays.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
u should get out the habit of doing that :D I only use spark notes as a reference when writing my essays.
Yeah probably.

HSC
Sparknotes is great for a basis for writing essays to help with points and quotes and stuff. Last year we had to do speeches on a novel and almost everyone used spraknotes and you could tell in a bad way

hereiam

HSC
we did Looking for Alibrandi last term....and YES, I'm in year 10...and yes, 99.9% of the class read it in year 5 :(

Bainesy

HSC
you never read novels in class. your much better off just reading notes and essays.

my english teacher even confessed to our class that she never read BNW when she was at school, just used notes and such.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
want2beasenior said:
Sparknotes is great for a basis for writing essays to help with points and quotes and stuff. Last year we had to do speeches on a novel and almost everyone used spraknotes and you could tell in a bad way
One of the classes we listened in on last year did that because our teacher was marking. Every speech was like the same thing. Even the wording was that close. It was hilarious. Because no one wanted to get up because they knew it was the same thing

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
bawd said:
I do the voices when I read plays by myself. :p
that is the funnest thing ever. in class it's comical, esp. when you and your friend/academic rival play othello and iago [respectively].

since year 10 , we've read animal farm, a gothic text of our choosing [mine was confessions of an english opium eater by thomas de quincey], p!nk song lyrics [that entire "p!nk as a modern-day poet" module was a crock of shit], tess of the d'urbervilles by thomas hardy and a buttload of shakespeare [othello, taming of the shrew, macbeth]. :headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)