• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
well.. i guess that even strengthens my point about Covell being shit

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
sando said:
Agreed. Covell is shit.

Oh and my whole reverse-psychology thing worked last week so i am now convinced Roosters will lost to the Bulldogs. Cos yaknow, we have so many key players injuried. Our back has basically disintegrated. Ricky Stuart is too fucken busy coaching the Australian team this week to care. And Finch is playing> THAT is a no-no on so many levels. Fingers Crossed ;)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
sando said:
Yeah, cos he only

been NSW table tennis champion
been NSW u-18s javelin and 800m champion
played for NSW
played for Country Origin
played for New Zealand
is one of the best boots in the NRL

you're just a Tigers fan whos jealous because your curent wingers are shithouse.

------------------------------------------

Rob, about NSW 5-8th, watching the Footy Show last night pissed me off. ANASTA! Even his biggest fans say he's shit. Of course, the current inform five-eighth of the comp is Adam Dykes, but alas, the biased fucks in the NSW selectors will choose a halves pairing of Finch/Gower/Hornby and Anasta. My love for Queensland is only strengthened.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
ur joking.. he is amongst the worst winger in the nrl atm... he has not much potential, no pace, if he was Australian he would never play S.O.R or for Australia... Reece Simmonds is arguably a better player...
No disrespect, mate, but get your head out of the sand.

Watch more Dragons matches if you want to see how good this bloke actually goes.

He actually holds the point-scoring record for the club, scoring 38 points in a Jersey Flegg match against North Sydney in 2002. Five tries, nine goals.

He's already represented Fiji at international level.

If you think he has no potential and no pace, you've only been watching rugby league for a couple of years, maximum.

By the way, he outsprinted Brett Hodgson to the tryline in last year's Preliminary.

I recommend you watch replays of Dragons 34 vs 4 Cowboys, Dragons 24 vs 4 Broncos, and Dragons 36 vs 10 Sea Eagles .. all matches from 2005.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Bookie said:
you're just a Tigers fan whos jealous because your curent wingers are shithouse.
Actually, the only good thing he has is his goal-kicking... and he played mainly for Pl fo Tigers because he is shit... and even his goal-kicking for sharks has got worse

DRAGONZ said:
He's already represented Fiji at international level.By the way, he outsprinted Brett Hodgson to the tryline in last year's Preliminary.
woopdido... its harder making Premier league in the NRL than it is playing international footy for Fiji

He outsprinted hodgson... wow... hodgson isnt that fast...
i didnt say Naquima is shit... i said he is an average winger... he will never be top 3 wingers in nrl

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
brogan77 said:
LOL using someone's representation of Fiji as an example to back up the fact someone's a great player LOL

IT'S FUCKIN FIJI! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rob, sometimes you surprise me...not in a good way.

Thankyou....

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
woopdido... its harder making Premier league in the NRL than it is playing international footy for Fiji

He outsprinted hodgson... wow... hodgson isnt that fast...
i didnt say Naquima is shit... i said he is an average winger... he will never be top 3 wingers in nrl
Have a read:
sando said:
ur joking.. he is amongst the worst winger in the nrl atm...
Keep your own opinion of him if you want.

I'd much rather represent my country than not represent.

And in the meantime, go watch replays of those matches.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i will be at the sharks v dragons match... just to keep an eye on his shiteness

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
If Adam Dykes gets selected for NSW... i'll shoot myself in the footy

I admit he is playing well for the sharks.. but i don't him representing my state

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Because selecting the form five-eighth who is a team player would be totally shit. No wonder NSW suck so bad.

Read the paper today. Anasta is first choice. Then Hill and Sutton. All New South Wales fans are gooks.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Bookie-- does that mean ur a 'gook'.. ???

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
How come no Roosters supporters said Soward was going to re-sign?

I even have more news on the Roosters than their own supporters, dayem. Finch is leaving 100% at the end of the year, even though he wants to stay. Tigers the favourites for his signature.
Are you serious? YAY! Also, the Aussies played pretty well tonight. :D

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I can't believe channel 9 didn't show tonights game live. It's a bloody international. It's live to NZ and Great Britian but not the country it is being played in.

Their coverage is getting pathetic. I was watching a game a couple weeks ago and there were commericals every 6 minutes. And all this time wasting at half time means the Friday night game finishes 30 or 40 minutes later than they used to.

Channel 9 should be forced as part of their contract to show Internationals live. If they aren't going to then fox should be allowed to show it instead.

If it wasn't for channel 9 taking the best 2 games every week and being the only station to play Origin live I would not watch channel 9 at all just on principle because I am that bloody sick of them.

HSC
I agree, it's ridiculous not showing it live, esp. when its actually an Australian team playing!! I mean, even the netball was live tonight (on channel 2)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I agree, it's ridiculous not showing it live, esp. when its actually an Australian team playing!! I mean, even the netball was live tonight (on channel 2)
They have the rights and they do whatever they like because there is nothing anyone else can do about it. People can either watch it delayed on channel 9 or not watch it at all.

I don't know when the contract comes up again, probably not for about 10 years, but the NRL needs to make it conditional next time. Rugby League is a big ratings winner for channel 9 and any other station would be happy to have it. If channel 9 won't show it live they should give it to someone who will. They might not make as much money but the fans will be a lot happier and the fans are the reason the game exists and is going so well.

rewster

HSC
Buderus is the man! Lockyer should be the Queensland fullback, NOT Bowen, Hunt or Slater!

rewster

HSC
brogan77 said:
Finch emerges as Origin league bolter

loal, i'll deadset laugh my fuckin head off if Anasta and Finch somehow end up becuming the origin halves.

Ricky isn't even coach. :\
Hell Yes! That is a mad NSW pairing, they should be the number 1 contenders. If Dykes is chosen at 5/8th he won't be able to combinate with anyone. Orford is shit, Gower is Shit. Finch is the one! Go Finchy!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Anasta has been voted the most overrated player the last couple years in a row. He is no good at all. He belongs in the second row.

Finch is hopeless. I'd pick another player out of position before I'd put him in the side. The Roosters did so badly last year because they had to rely on him.

And although this is not part of the discussion the Cowboys need to drop Firman because he hogs the ball so Thurston doesn't get it enough and is too useless to do anything good himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)