NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
Melbourne had it tough tonight... Taking nothing away from the Broncos though it was a good game all-around

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i dont understand what all the whinging is about with these penalties, broncos were the better team. that defense in the first half was amazing, brillant effort by the boys. ill admit i was at the game so you do miss things if you watch it on the tele, but brisbane were too good and deserved this victory. since the start of the finals storm have been playing average. everyone was saying they were in control against the saints, but nothing was going saints way and they were ordinary to say the least against parra. broncos, minus their effort against the dragons 2 weeks ago, had been playing awesome footy and that victory over the dogs last week i still cant believe we managed to win.

well done to Webcke, he got to leave the game like any champion deserves. im so happy, shame i need to start a 1500 word essay due tuesday!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
fornstar said:
i dont understand what all the whinging is about with these penalties, broncos were the better team. that defense in the first half was amazing, brillant effort by the boys.
I don't know how you figure that. They didn't play badly but their performance wasn't anything special either. They were lucky in a close game. The only thing that seperated the teams was the bad decisions.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea, nice call doom, real original.

storm got ripped off so badly it wasn't funny, matt king should have got the try off the cronk bomb; the melbourne strip should have been a broncos knock on... the list goes on. who the fuck put paul simpkins as a gf ref anyway? he couldn't even tell a kurt gidley forward pass which went 10m forward, for fuck sakes.

both melb and brisb didn't play to their potential - with all that pre match hype. if you replayed that match on a normal day, i'd of thought it was a regular season match. all in all, worst gf i've seen in years.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
fornstar said:
i dont understand what all the whinging is about with these penalties, broncos were the better team. that defense in the first half was amazing, brillant effort by the boys. ill admit i was at the game so you do miss things if you watch it on the tele, but brisbane were too good and deserved this victory.
Broncos defence was excellent in that first half when Melbourne were peppering their line in attack. But mate, you must be pretty ignorant if you cant of seen that some of the refereering decisions involving the Storm in an attacking (or potentially attacking) position were incorrect decisions, supported by video replays.

Eitherway, Broncos are premiers for 2006 and congradulations to them. I dont think for one moment they deserved it more than the Sotrm though, not with all that the Storm had achieved this year. But thats the game of rugby league.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
The game wasn't rigged at all. I'm not saying that there weren't bad calls by the ref, but it went both ways. And although I have seen better games (say Broncos v Bulldogs 2 weeks ago), I think that both teams played tremendously well. I really thought Melbourne were going to kick my Broncos asses because they were all over them in the first half. Still, the Broncos defence was good enough for them to be leading. Hodges, Berrigan, Webcke and Lockyer were outstanding as well. The Strom may have played well all year, and they did deserve to be grand finalists, but they didn't play well enough last night. The Broncos deserve to be 2006 premiers and I couldn't be happier!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ninny - no offense but you must be blind to say melb didn't get jipped, hard. again, i refer back to matt king's try which was disallowed, which would have levelled the score for melb, and then the field goal could have done either way. nonetheless, credit to the broncos for stickin to their game plan, well done... beats me how they keep all these players under the cap

ledzeppelin

HSC
I'm so keen for Tri-Nations
Definitely going to Aus v. GB in Brisbane and Sydney
Might be going to the final too, depending on when I start Schoolies

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
wuddie said:
credit to the broncos for stickin to their game plan, well done... beats me how they keep all these players under the cap
funny it only becomes an issue after they win a premiership

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
I'm so keen for Tri-Nations
Definitely going to Aus v. GB in Brisbane and Sydney
Might be going to the final too, depending on when I start Schoolies
yeah im going to Aust v GB in Sydney and the final. apparently you get 20% off if you buy tickets to both of the games? im not sure, still going regardless

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
wuddie said:
ninny - no offense but you must be blind to say melb didn't get jipped, hard. again, i refer back to matt king's try which was disallowed, which would have levelled the score for melb, and then the field goal could have done either way. nonetheless, credit to the broncos for stickin to their game plan, well done... beats me how they keep all these players under the cap
they must be cheating!

xsb

fornstar said:
yeah im going to Aust v GB in Sydney and the final. apparently you get 20% off if you buy tickets to both of the games? im not sure, still going regardless
heyyyyy. i wanna go to the games but i got no one to go with... will u go with me?? please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)