NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Wooooooooooo Jets.

Um, whats wrong with not having a NSW team in the Grand Final?! Does it really matter?! I mean, it would only be of major concern if the team you loved and supported didnt make it- but a "syd" team? Like, what difference does that actually make to the enjoyment of watching the game. I wouldnt enjoy the GF purely because shitcunts Roosters arent in it and Broncos wankers are.

forevaunited

HSC
Fuk off.

the dragons didn't choke. saying that they choked implied that they played bad, or more specifically that they caused themselves to lose the game. thats simply not the case. melbourne were too good, but fuck i hate the way they slow the play the ball down and flop into tackles (meh im over it).

well kinda . . . may i add that the two crucial melbourne tries from scrums,were from massive fuck ups - the CLEAR knock on and the bailey strip, but meh once again i say that im over it. perhaps they didn't decide the game but they were definately important calls. neways give me 24 hours and all the bitterness will b gone. nxt year lol . .

vargster

HSC
im gutted - doggies out. I have backed them for many years now - and to watch them lose with a 20-6 lead at half time - to the broncos of all teams - sucks bigtime!

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
jhakka said:
Best weekend of my life. My two most hated teams knocked out. :D
Me too :) I hate those faggy Dragons and Bulldogs.
(I also really hate the Roosters but they were too shitty to even make the top 8, so I'm all good.)
This grand final is going to be great. Broncos v Storm. Two of my favourite teams! If the Broncos play the same as they did against the Knights, and against the Bulldogs in the second half, then they should easily kick Storm's ass.

GO BRONCOS! Woot!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
funniest thing ever - gaz getting pwned by king
Yeah, ha that was pretty good. He was all over him. Rewind back to the start of the season and everybody thought yeah Melbourne..."the team without a halfback, no forwards, no five eigth.....losing big names, and no hope for 2006".
Haha thats gold, and the fact that the club is in the process of signing Slater, Hoffman, Crocker, Cronk to 2009 or longer, plus extending Inglis to 2010, shows signs of Melbourne being a force for the next few years if they can keep Bellamy.

It might not have been an as exciting match as the Canterbury v Brisbane game, but Melbourne looked to be in control from the very start. Dragons didnt choke, Melbourne just didnt give them the chance to play like they had the last couple of weeks, which was shown in King v Gasnier, and the tyring out of the big dragons forawrd pack. No disrepect to dragons, but Melbourne should never have been underdogs.
Next week should be awesome, protege v teacher, speed v big players....and tickets go on sale tuesday, right?

ledzeppelin

HSC
i'm so pumped for jets grand final on sunday
they haven't lost this season with soward in the team
he's my hero

davo_

good kid
HSC
forevaunited said:
Fuk off.

the dragons didn't choke. saying that they choked implied that they played bad, or more specifically that they caused themselves to lose the game. thats simply not the case. melbourne were too good, but fuck i hate the way they slow the play the ball down and flop into tackles (meh im over it).

well kinda . . . may i add that the two crucial melbourne tries from scrums,were from massive fuck ups - the CLEAR knock on and the bailey strip, but meh once again i say that im over it. perhaps they didn't decide the game but they were definately important calls. neways give me 24 hours and all the bitterness will b gone. nxt year lol . .
Mate if anyone had the rough end of the refereeing stick it was Melbourne. Melbourne were just too good.

forevaunited

HSC
I dont agree with you about being unfair to Melbourne (although the penalty count was lopsided, most of the calls were legit however there was also a possible try in first half 4 melbourne), but newayz it wasn't the point i was trying to make; i was referring more to the fact that we didn't choke. im still proud of the dragons and how well they did - one day we will finally make it to the end.

Ive been given my 24 hours and of course i understand that Melbourne were too good. I hope they can get the reward for all of their seasons work in the final. Would be alrite to see Webcke go out on a winning note tho. .

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ahh whack it off guys, as much as i am a knights supporter, i do think the two best teams are in the grand final. i am backing melbourne to win it this year, they have been too good and deserve it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Not happy about some of the decisions. Fair enough if the Broncos win because of their skill but they were helped a fair bit tonight.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
The refereeing could have been a lot better, to say the least.

The try to King should have been allowed, and that was pretty much the game breaker. Poor effort Harrigan.

Not taking anything away from the Broncos, they played well, and it was a tight game for the majority of the match. But just after all that the Storm had achieved this season, its sad to see the game turn out the way it did, which was heavily influenced by some poor refereeing decisions, on the field, and up stairs.

With Melbourne retaining King, Slater, Cronk, Inglis, Hoffman, and Crocker until at least 2009, there is always next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)