NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (3 Viewers)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
shortygb said:
we already signed Hagan for 2007, right even before the season started. its a pity that we get JT to coach now, i would of really prefered him over Hagan 2007 and beyond.
I totally agree, I'm happy JT is taking over for the rest of this season but I really wanted to see him get coach for next year. I've no idea who'd be better, him or Hagan, so I guess we'll just have to see how it pans out.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
will be interesting to see how the bulldogs go against the sharks without:

Mason, O'Meley, Ryan, Myles

Ross, Kimmorely, Dykes, Vagana

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hey guys. Some more news:

• Very likely that Mark Gasnier will stay a Dragon for a minimum of two years.
  • The Bulldogs are very keen on signing Dragons Premier League player and hot prospect Tom Haberecht.
  • Aaron Gorrell probably won't be with the Dragons in 2007.
  • Canberra Raiders hooker Simon Woolford probably WILL be the Dragons in 2007, but the Canterbury Bulldogs are also keen on signing him. The Dragons are looking for George Ndaira to develop a bit more before blooding him full-time, whilst the Bulldogs are in the same situation with Billy Ngawini.
  • Jamie Lyon was considered a certainty to go back to Parramatta, but he is seriously thinking about playing for the Dragons. Pretty much all depends on the Gasnier situation.
  • Bulldogs player Reni Maitua will be a Sydney Rooster in 2007.
  • Bulldogs front-row star Roy Asotasi could also be going to the Roosters in 2007, depending on whether he accepts huge money to play in the English Super League or not.
  • Bulldogs centre Willie Tonga wants to go to North Queensland Cowboys, but it depends on how much money the Cowboys will have to offer after getting rid of unwanted players.
  • Roosters centre Ryan Cross is a 99% certainty with Super14 side, the Western Force.

And aren't the Warriors sticking it up to the Tigers?! Amazing stuff.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
Roosters centre Ryan Cross is a 99% certainty with Super14 side, the Western Force.
Dont Fucking Lie. I hate it when People lie. Crossy cant go. Id rather keep Crossy then get Asotasi. GET RID OF FINCH ffs. Argh, my week cant get worse.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
[*]Bulldogs player Reni Maitua will be a Sydney Rooster in 2007.
Says?

Even without Ryan Cross, sif Rooters can buy Maitua and Asotasi and still be under the salary cap. Pfft. Asotasi will go to England. And apparently Maitua will also be a Rabbit and Panther in 2007. Til I see some signage it's all absolute bs.

We will def. lose Willie Tonga though. There are also rumours the Dogs are after Wade McKinnon but I don't see why considering we have a fit Patten & Cutler in Premier League (Cutler>McKinnon>Patten).

It's funny how the Titans aren't coming after more off contract players with big bucks, eh? I kind of expected them too.

But anyway, who cares? Because SHIFTY is playing tomorrow. We'll still lose coz of the disappearance of our forward pack but woooooo, SHIFTYYYYY.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
Says?

Even without Ryan Cross, sif Rooters can buy Maitua and Asotasi and still be under the salary cap. Pfft. Asotasi will go to England. And apparently Maitua will also be a Rabbit and Panther in 2007. Til I see some signage it's all absolute bs.

We will def. lose Willie Tonga though. There are also rumours the Dogs are after Wade McKinnon but I don't see why considering we have a fit Patten & Cutler in Premier League (Cutler>McKinnon>Patten).

It's funny how the Titans aren't coming after more off contract players with big bucks, eh? I kind of expected them too.

But anyway, who cares? Because SHIFTY is playing tomorrow. We'll still lose coz of the disappearance of our forward pack but woooooo, SHIFTYYYYY.
Says the guy I get all this from, lol. Seriously, the only thing he's got wrong so far this year is that he said someone would sign for three years, and they only signed for two.

Of course, he could get something wrong .. but I trust him enough :)

And it's a good point you raise about Gold Coast .. they aren't active at all .. I presume they are just waiting for June 30, and then they'll ex-PLODE with signings.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Lol ok, fair enough. I'm hoping he's wrong on this one :D.

I almost had a heart attack during Dogs v Sharks. I usually rate Tony Archer but he was absolutely shithouse today. I think it's a good sign that we hung on - last year we would've folded and lost for sure. Dogs v Broncos next week should be an absolute cracker of a game (provided no one playing SoO gets injured).

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Haha, considering the luck that BOTH Canterbury and Brisbane have had this season, they should both get to play against depleted teams.

But that would mean that they would be equal again .. how weird.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
brogan77 said:
Wow, roosters played well today. :eek:
And beat Souths by two points. It's always good to play crap but win anyway.

The future's looking bright, Ash!

Not coincidentally, though, they managed to score near 30 points with the return of three or four players.

Also not coincidentally, Souths were defending.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
never thought souths would have their first win of the season.. close enough tho..

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
They will probly win this week against the tigers :eek:
tigers are in terrible form and will need a miracle to string consecutive wins together, the way they are playing

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
And beat Souths by two points. It's always good to play crap but win anyway.

The future's looking bright, Ash!

Not coincidentally, though, they managed to score near 30 points with the return of three or four players.

Also not coincidentally, Souths were defending.
He was being sarcastic.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Claims Sharks' Tevita Latu punched woman
Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:14 PM

Cronulla rugby league player Tevita Latu has been stood down pending an investigation after claims he punched a teenage girl in the face.

The Daily Telegraph reported the Sharks utility bloodied and broke the nose of 19-year-old Brooke Peninton after an alleged incident at a service station in Cronulla.

Peninton claimed Latu had struck her after he threw chips, dirt and bark at her outside the service station at about 3am on Monday.

"He punched me in the face," Peninton told The Daily Telegraph.

"I fell back and hit my head on the concrete.

"When I put my hand to my face there was blood everywhere."

The incident was reported to have been witnessed by about a dozen onlookers, including a Bulldogs player who came to blows with Latu as he attempted to calm him down.

Lmfao, I was totally telling my boyfriend I rated Latu as a player on Sunday. Maybe I jinxed him. Or more likely, he's a freaking moron.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
kimi said:
He was being sarcastic.
Which is why I wrote "It's always good to play crap but win anyway."

The whole point of that was to make sure people knew I was being sarcastic.

Whatever.

snickerdoodle said:

Cronulla rugby league player Tevita Latu has been stood down pending an investigation after claims he punched a teenage girl in the face.
Yeah, this looks bad for Latu.

What a dumb shit.

HannahMc

HSC
snickerdoodle said:
You'd think people so obviously and constantly under public scrutiny would be able to control themselves a little bit more than attack workers at a service station.

*sigh*

At least Sailor was in Union, so this isn't a second blemish in a week for the NRL...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
damn what a waste for the Sharkies, Latu is such a great talent. Oh well atleast he isnt at my Warriors anymore :D

On a side note again, hooray for Warriors being ahead of the Eels despite -4 points :D

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Can't believe all the shit with NSW halfback..

Gower is injured and off to hospital...

Andrew Johns was asked for a comeback but denied..
MAtt Orford said he can't play due to a injury
Barret confirmed he wouldnt play

PLEASE DO NOT ASK Kimmorley

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)