• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cityboy

HSC
Parra will win for sure, in the next few weeks the Broncos will start losing due to tired players and Parra will keep winning because we are the best in the comp, come Grand Final day it will be Parra Vs Tigers and Parra will win by 30+

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Haha they are the second favourite. Also, deservedly so. However, Brisbane 54 def 14 Parramatta still stands out.
that was a long time ago, since then parramattahas been rejuvinated..that was our low point. weve come along was since then.

Bookie said:
And the Sharks will win the wooden spoon
if you say so, i dont have a problem with that :D

ledzeppelin

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
We lost in 1999 because video referees aren't allowed to rule on forward passes, no matter how blatant. Bloody refs!
actually, they could back then, if i remember correctly

davo_

good kid
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
actually, they could back then, if i remember correctly
I don't think video ref's have ever been allowed to rule on forward passes... but I remember that g/f and Storm won it fair and square!! It was a bloody good game to watch..

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
The Dragons bombed that match badly. Mundine dropped the ball over the line, Bartrim missed a fairly simple conversion, and they let a 14 - 0 half time lead slip.

However, I think it was Roarty's try... they went to the video ref for whatever it was, and it was the most obvious forward pass. Everyone could see it, but the video ref wasn't allowed to rule on that, so it was given a try.

Also, if anyone thinks that Bill Harrigan treated the Dragons fairly in the last twenty minutes of that match, they've got to be joking. "Melbourne were given almost free rein by referee Bill Harrigan. While there is no disputing the match winning penalty try and Storm's ability to get back into the match, supporters were alarmed by the high rate of referee errors which favoured Melbourne in the second half."

Oh well. There is no use crying over spilt milk.

Hehe, it wasn't such an amazing game for me to watch in the stands.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Latest transfer rumours

Danny Vaughan, Zeus McGoldrick >>>> Knights
Ashton Sims [very unlikely, apparently re-signed with Drags for 2 yrs] >>>> Tigers
Mellor, Merritt, McKenna, Dallas, Ben Rogers [a whole new backline?] >>>> Souths
Randall, Orford, Ross, Sonny Bill, Lockyer, Johns >>>> Roosters [yeah, gee, they're short of the cap, maybe they should buy some guys]
Michael Roberston >>>> Manly
James Aubusson >>>> Storm
Ross, Howland >>>> Sharks

ledzeppelin

HSC
i do know for certain that in 2000 the video ref could still rule on forward passes, as one did do so in the roosters vs. knights preliminary final (which was, for a roosters fan, the best match ever)

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Uhhh Boo, the Dragons have 15 premierships...

And Kimi, sweetheart, I've already spoken to you about your stuff on MSN.

Thankyou very much to all the people who offered their condolences. It was much appreciated.
lol, it was late...my mind was half asleep when i was counting...

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hehe, Broncos are in this exact position every single year.

The thing they have going for them this year is the fact that they had less SOO representation than normal, so the players won't tire as quickly.

They are certainly favourites. And they deserve to be.
yeah, go broncos!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
Latest transfer rumours

Ashton Sims [very unlikely, apparently re-signed with Drags for 2 yrs] >>>> Tigers
Yeah, I've heard this one too. However, with Bailey leaving at the end of '06, I couldn't possibly foresee Doust letting Ashton go.
Bookie said:
Mellor, Merritt, McKenna, Dallas, Ben Rogers [a whole new backline?] >>>> Souths
Heard all these too. Except Ben Rogers... I don't particularly like him as a centre, though. He doesn't look fast or skilful enough.
Bookie said:
Randall, Orford, Ross, Sonny Bill, Lockyer, Johns >>>> Roosters [yeah, gee, they're short of the cap, maybe they should buy some guys]
Hehe. BEST LINE EVER! :D :D :D :D

Orford looks to be going to Manly, what with Steven Bell there already. And Ross probably going to the Sharks on a $1.6mill 4 year deal. If he does, the Sharks are paying too much. Perhaps $1.3 or $1.4 is more appropriate to the real value of Ross.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Haha they are the second favourite. Also, deservedly so. However, Brisbane 54 def 14 Parramatta still stands out.

Hehe this is true. We lost in 1999 because video referees aren't allowed to rule on forward passes, no matter how blatant. Bloody refs!
u had to go and bring up 1999...damn penalty try...*keeps muttering*

Boo_

HSC
Bookie said:
Broncos havent had a form slump yet....You cant't through so perfectly in a season as these guys have, especially in one of the toughest years ever.
st george dragons went undefeated during a season once:)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Boo_ said:
st george dragons went undefeated during a season once:)
Further to that, Manly think they built up some kind of fortress at Brookvale with 13 straight wins. Or 14. Whatever.

St George went through undefeated at Kogarah Jubilee for 12 years or something.

Edit: Here are the dates... 1954-1966 – St.George undefeated at Kogarah between the dates of 26 June 1954 and 31 July 1966.

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
boo said:
st george dragons went undefeated during a season once.
Oh yeah, some teams have gone undefeated. But the last time was in like 65, so no one cares
DRAGONZ said:
Heard all these too. Except Ben Rogers... I don't particularly like him as a centre, though. He doesn't look fast or skilful enough.
Apparently they might play him at 5-8th, although then I dont know where Sutton will go.
DRAGONZ said:
Orford looks to be going to Manly, what with Steven Bell there already. And Ross probably going to the Sharks on a $1.6mill 4 year deal. If he does, the Sharks are paying too much. Perhaps $1.3 or $1.4 is more appropriate to the real value of Ross.
Yeah, I didnt mention Orford becuase everyone knows about that - just the more recent ones. As for Ross, hes the best prop on todays market, but is it really worth paying overs for him? Personally, I setmy mark at $350 for him (considering Vaganas on 340 and Kimmorleys on 450-500, I dont think we need to waste 1/3 of our salary cap on 3/25 of the players)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Here you go, buddy.

Souths sign Merritt, Rogers

15 July 2005

South Sydney has furthered its recruitment drive for 2006 by signing Cronulla utility Nathan Merritt and Penrith's Ben Rogers to three-year deals.

Merritt, an accomplished winger or fullback, is a South Sydney junior who played first grade with the Rabbitohs in 2002-3 before shifting to the Sharks for the past two years.

"Nathan is a great buy for this club as we move forward in our recruitment drive as we attempt to 'buy back the farm'," Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said today.

"Nathan was unfortunately lost to the club two years ago but he will be back in the red and green for the next three seasons and he will greatly strengthen our outside backs."

Merritt said he was looking forward to returning to Redfern.

"I'm really looking forward to rejoining Souths next season," Merritt said.

"I've enjoyed my time at the Sharks and we still have some football to play this year but ever since I was a kid I wanted to play for Souths and I will get that opportunity again next year."

Rogers, 20, can play lock or five-eighth and will join Panthers teammate Joe Galavao in Souths colours next year.

"He is a talented and skilful player and I'm sure he will develop into one of our top players over the next three seasons," Richardson said.

ledzeppelin

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Further to that, Manly think they built up some kind of fortress at Brookvale with 13 straight wins. Or 14. Whatever.

St George went through undefeated at Kogarah Jubilee for 12 years or something.

Edit: Here are the dates... 1954-1966 – St.George undefeated at Kogarah between the dates of 26 June 1954 and 31 July 1966.
the reason they did go so long undefeated there is because the match of the round, which st. george would often obviously feature in, was always played at the SCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)