NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Hilder is also good at his job, he passes alot and is not greedy. That doesnt rack up stats but he does his job well. And i am so disappointed that sullivan is leaving next year to go to the super league. also disappointed about peachey..... stevo retiring.... this sucks..... now mellor too, all we get in return is Ross. Not that Ross is bad, but we need some quality attacking spark, we have lacked it these last three years, and we had some spark with Sullivan but he'll be gone. so disappointing.....

p.s. I havent posted here in ages....... stress of HSC is catching up to me.....

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hehe. I had a look at those stats, and then decided not to put them up here :p

Congratulations on stealing Pomeroy. He'll be something special. Rep player written all over him. The Dragons actually made a play for him, but he decided to go down to the Shire and join Ben Ross, I presume.

Oh man. Only four sleeps to go, bookie!

I'm so pumped!!!

As a sidenote (directed at snickerdoodle)... Steve Clark is an A-rate d***head. He hates the Dragons and we hate him. He destroyed us in the 98 semi at Kogarah against the Dogs. It was the most forward pass anyone will ever have the pleasure of seeing, but he let it go and they scored off that play to win the match.

His antics before the match started on Sunday were deplorable. He came out, waved ironically to the Dragon Army, and did stretches right in front of them, eyeballing them the whole time.

His abysmal 9-3 penalty count in favour of Manly left more than a lot to be desired.

Brownie most certainly did the right thing by the club, players and fans. As a matter of fact, there will be a couple of guys going around Kogarah on Sunday asking for donations to pay the $10,000 fine for the club.

It would certainly give the NRL (stupid News Limited f***wits, especially David Gallop) something to think about:

Headline on Thursday morning --- "Dragons Issued $10,000 Fine By NRL For Outburst"

Headline on Monday morning --- "Dragons Fans Pay Fine And Say 'Give It To 'Em, Brownie' "

Let's see what comes of this....

Also, further to the Matt Orford saga... finally seems like it's complete. Source says he's signed a four year deal with Manly and Chad Randall will be leaving. Make of that what you will.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Dragonz its always funny to read your posts, so often you bring back painful memories of your team losing contraversial games. Hahaha, there the games i try to not think about.

As for Pomeroy, I read that today but i dont know anything about the young player, so i hope hes a good, solid runner. I also read that the sharks have signed Darren Albert, is this true? I hated him once when i used to like Manly in 96. I only supported them because my dad supported them, Now its just the sharkies!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Can't wait Dragonz. Have to buy my tickets soon, apparently they'll be sold out by Saturday night - fucking Oki Doki Smoki - Stadium. The audacity to call a shathole with no seats a stadium. I know true fans call it Kogarah Oval, good on em.

Random 87 said:
As for Pomeroy, I read that today but i dont know anything about the young player, so i hope hes a good, solid runner. I also read that the sharks have signed Darren Albert, is this true? I hated him once when i used to like Manly in 96. I only supported them because my dad supported them, Now its just the sharkies!
Yeah, apparently Ross was freed so that they could offer big money to keep the Pom(eroy). Sucks to Penrith. Payback for Lang/Lang/Campbell/Franze (Ok, they can have Franze) I suppose. Pomeroy will be a City/Country player, dont know if he'll make origin, but I hope so. Anyway, Darren Alberts a big fat rumour. He's linked to an NRL club every year, this year was our turn.

Next year; my choice;
1. Brown 2.Simmo 3.Vagana 4.Pomeroy 5.Covell 6.Dykes 7.Noddy 13.Gallen 12.Bails 11.Williams 10.Ross 9.Hilder 8.Nutley - - - Bench; Mapp, Leueleuai, Isemonger, Bird, Kingston, Aitken

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Can't wait Dragonz. Have to buy my tickets soon, apparently they'll be sold out by Saturday night - fucking Oki Doki Smoki - Stadium. The audacity to call a shathole with no seats a stadium. I know true fans call it Kogarah Oval, good on em.

Random 87 said:
Yeah, apparently Ross was freed so that they could offer big money to keep the Pom(eroy). Sucks to Penrith. Payback for Lang/Lang/Campbell/Franze (Ok, they can have Franze) I suppose. Pomeroy will be a City/Country player, dont know if he'll make origin, but I hope so. Anyway, Darren Alberts a big fat rumour. He's linked to an NRL club every year, this year was our turn.

Next year; my choice;
1. Brown 2.Simmo 3.Vagana 4.Pomeroy 5.Covell 6.Dykes 7.Noddy 13.Gallen 12.Bails 11.Williams 10.Ross 9.Hilder 8.Nutley - - - Bench; Mapp, Leueleuai, Isemonger, Bird, Kingston, Aitken

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
Dragonz its always funny to read your posts, so often you bring back painful memories of your team losing contraversial games. Hahaha, there the games i try to not think about.
Hehe, well if that's how you want to play, I believe it's ACTUALLY spelt "controversial" with an 'o'. :p :p

Random_87 said:
I also read that the sharks have signed Darren Albert, is this true?
Bookie said:
Anyway, Darren Alberts a big fat rumour. He's linked to an NRL club every year, this year was our turn.
This source of mine (the same one who managed to tell me Orford had signed a four year deal with Manly two hours before the media talked about it) said last week that Albert is a certainty for Sharks or Rabbits, but I can't remember which one. I think it was the Sharks though.

EDIT: Raiders prop Ben Cross has signed with the Storm beating the Cowboys for his signature, Brett Dallas as stated in RLW will be staying at Wigan. Darren Albert intends to see out his 2 year contract he signed in May at St Helens, Knights centre Mark Hughes has signed with new SL side Le Catalans. Parramatta winger Matt Peterson will be heading to Manly next season, and Chris McKenna is linked to Penrith with Souths a dark horse.

Bookie said:
If I were you, I'd be getting your tickets tomorrow. As of this evening, I heard there were only 2,000 tickets left (for the hill).

Also, the only people who call it Oki Jubilee are those who obviously don't care about the Dragons. It's Kogarah all the way.

Last edited:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
Hehe, well if that's how you want to play, I believe it's ACTUALLY spelt "controversial" with an 'o'. :p :p
Well DRAGONZ, if thats how your gonna play it, watch your spelling mistakes! :p :D

DRAGONZ said:
This source of mine (the same one who managed to tell me Orford had signed a four year deal with Manly two hours before the media talked about it) said last week that Albert is a certainty for Sharks or Rabbits, but I can't remember which one. I think it was the Sharks though.
Hope your source is right, sounds like he knows whats goin on.

And Bookie, im guessing your a sharks fan too, why not put Simo at fullback? that is his preffered position. I think he deserves a shot there. And whens bird due back? cos i think he brings alot off the bench. Not as much as sulli, but hes on the right track. He could be really good in a few years, we gotta keep him around.

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'd rather have Nutley (ok seriously, not him, but someone like Bailey) at fullback than a Speedhump. Ok, I havent got my tickets yet, I'll get em tomorrow. If not. Then fuck. I'm trying to sell Dogs v Broncos tickets for tomorow night for $10, then I can fund for these tix, if not, I'll buy em anyway.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
Well DRAGONZ, if thats how your gonna play it, watch your spelling mistakes! :p :D
I'll be watching. Perhaps I should read all my posts through about four times before I post them, just to make sure all the words are spelt correctly :p

Random_87 said:
Hope your source is right, sounds like he knows whats goin on.
Buddy, didn't you read my "EDIT"? I posted the edit up before you replied, so I can only assume that you ignored it.... Darren Albert isn't going anywhere. He's staying in England.

Oh, and Bookie supports the Sharks. If you enabled signatures for the forums, you'd see pretty clearly.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I should be going to the Dogs v Broncos tomorrow night (if I get a night off from work!). I know we won't win but I still have hope...after all, the broncos won in the final 3 minutes last game, and considering we had half a first grade side and a home ground advantage to deal with, I think it's going to be close. I hope it's going to be close :D.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
Buddy, didn't you read my "EDIT"? I posted the edit up before you replied, so I can only assume that you ignored it.... Darren Albert isn't going anywhere. He's staying in England.
Whoops, didnt read the edit, damn it, thats sucks.

DRAGONZ said:
Oh, and Bookie supports the Sharks. If you enabled signatures for the forums, you'd see pretty clearly.
Sorry, im not great with computers and i dont know how to allow the signatures so i was just guessing.

Jiga

The big local derby this week, my prediction:

Sharks : 28
def
Dragons : 16

I think Noddys the key, hes had a knee injury since origin, supposedly its now okay and he returned to full training this week, so fingers crossed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, on Hilder, I would rate him higher than Young! Hilder realistically is being hampered by having to play hooker because he simply isnt one, hes a second rower! So any stats he has would be way better if he didnt hav to be played out of position. Hilder is also WAY more consistant than Young and is better defensively IMO (although this year hasnt been his best with limited game time!!)

As for Albert being signed, its interesting. He recently resigned with his ESL club and their site said it was all rumours, but in the local newspaper some weeks back it had Steve Rogers saying some talks had occured and that they were confident they might get him......... yet Albert denies this. Who knows
though, there are some issues with Albert and his club, they are trying to retain him and some other gun player, Im just hoping that maybe they decide to take the other dude and not Albert! Also of interest is Peachey, if the club hes going to (cant remember name - maybe Widnes or something) get relegated his contract would be void because its conditional, if this did occur I would HOPE that after his red hot form in the last weeks the sharkies would come to their senses and sign him!!!!!!!!!!!

As or signings, the sharks bought well and bought late, Ross will be a good replacement for Stevo and Pomeroy may be a centre solution for Mellor (Who im not really sad to see leave). The sharks are also talking to Latu from the warriors, hes set to be the replacement for Sullivan and then some and I believe hes almost certainly ours for 06 as the warriors have already been purchasing his replacement.

My team for 06'

1. Brown 2.Simmons 3.Vagana 4.Pomeroy 5.Albert 6.Dykes 7.Noddy 13.Gallen 12.Bails 11.Hilder 10.Ross 9.Latu 8.Nutley

Bench : Williams, Leulawai, Bird, Hutch

IMO thats a very strong site, that pack especially would be VERY good with blokes like Hutch and Williams coming off the bench, and more over Mapp in PL as quality depth. The backline would be alittle under done, with Brown havin to debut but from what Ive seen of him, hes an up and coming start! If we get Albert as well this would mean we have virtually two of the fastest wingers in the comp! (Albert is currently the fastest in ESL and Simmo is prity quick - refer to him chasing down Bowen this year)

Bookie, I saw you forgot Hutch mate, he is surely a must.

In place of Albert if we dont get him I would have maybe Beau Scott or some PL player like Goodwin, I dont rate Covell he is just to slow for a winger whos job is to support etc and unfortunately we have an abundance of quality second rowers. This would create a goal kicking problem but I think Hilder showed in 04 that he can kick and with work in the off season he could become a 70%+ kicker.

If not 05, in 06 the Premiership is coming to the shire!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I think you'll find the sharkies have already picked their fullback for next year and its simmons. They've been keen for him to play there from the begiining and that's why they didn't bother to much with lettin Peach go. The way Simmons plays you can tell he's a very good fullback and the sharks would be stupid not to use him their.

Also, as for your team, you also left out Sam Isemonger. I don't care how good he is but anyone who's name is Isemonger is an automatic selection in any team. Hilder should be bench and put Williams back in second row. Hilder is best at lock but he's obviously not going to oust Gallen.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Bookie : What are your thoughts on signing Tevata Latu to replace sullivin? Latu is a gun player, not afraid to go in for the tackle and he's got a decent pass. I would of liked Betham to piss off to the UK and keep Latu but it wasnt to be. Plus we have Hohaia and Fien to cover hooker next season.

We also signed Graham Rivolli to cover stacey jone's departure from Roosters? anyone seen him play.

Jiga

I dont rate Isemonger, for mine hes borderline first grade (ie Depth) along with Mellars, Stosic etc.

News out to, Sharks have officially signed Latu!! Not bad going, hes an international - unfortunately hampered by illness and coach Kemp! Hopefuly hes in line to be an 80 min hooker, something we need to free up the bench. Now the loss of Sullivan isnt to bad

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I dont rate Isemonger, for mine hes borderline first grade (ie Depth) along with Mellars, Stosic etc.

News out to, Sharks have officially signed Latu!! Not bad going, hes an international - unfortunately hampered by illness and coach Kemp! Hopefuly hes in line to be an 80 min hooker, something we need to free up the bench. Now the loss of Sullivan isnt to bad
unfortunately there was no room for Latu and it was better to let him go. He's an 80 min player, a work horse. I think he'll settle in well with Vagana and Mellars heh.

Jiga

He will definetely make himself at home, the sharks have recruited alot of non-aussies recently:

Hutch
Mellars
Manua
Leulawai
Stosic

to Name a few.

davo_

good kid
HSC
I think Baz is gunna have a big game this weekend to make it up a bit for getting suspended. Dragons to win pretty easily I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)