NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo_

good kid
HSC
brogan77 said:
wow i must bow before your omniscience and calmness because i am sooooo fired up and irrational! :p You think my comment was stupid, i think your comment was stupid. I really don't care i'm not going to get into an analytical argument about the finer points of wendell sailor's ability. Jeez this place has really gone to the dogs if a person can't express an opinion without being called stupid.
I'm just expressing my opinion... I think you're stupid. And lets remember - just because it is an opinion- doesn't mean it's not wrong.

Last edited:

davo_

good kid
HSC
brogan77 said:
look i really don't care anymore it was just a throwaway comment i didn't realise i had to justify it, nor did i think i would get insulted for it. The way your acting davo i don't think your entitled to call yourself a 'good kid'!
Okay mum....

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
anyway back on topic, dunno if its been discussed before but Shaun Berrigan was left out of the train on squad. This leads me to think Matty Bowen will prob get the nod as utility off the bench.

davo_

good kid
HSC
copious said:
anyway back on topic, dunno if its been discussed before but Shaun Berrigan was left out of the train on squad. This leads me to think Matty Bowen will prob get the nod as utility off the bench.
I think Bowen is/would be a good utility coming if the bench... IF they actually use him before the last 20mins.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
aaaman said:
The anderson part is right but the plentry try rant ur on about was full of shit,

1. you dont tackle a player in the air
2. you dont do a high shot
3. dont do a or b near the try line when you kno they are gonna score
Haha that is correct. I won't dispute the penalty try, because it was most certainly one.

But if anyone has video of the 99 Grand Final or has some other means of watching it, PLEASE go and watch the last 25 minutes in particular.

If you still aren't able to see some of the things Harrigan appeared to 'miss', then search the grand final on Google! Look hard enough, and you'll find what you need to know.

I'll start you off with some stuff.

Look at the first attachment. Wishart had the ball, and this was the tackle laid on him. Danny Williams (seen behind Wishart and Geyer, I think it is) knocked the ball out of Wishart's hands just before this photo was taken (once again, I urge you to watch the video of the match if you are able to). Harrigan deemed it a 'fair' tackle and that Wishart knocked on. Melbourne score a try in the next set.

Look at the second attachment. This was the first controversial Melbourne try, sent to the video ref for a possible double movement. It was shown that there was no double movement, but you could clearly see the pass to Martin was forward. The video referee, as you would know, is not allowed to rule on forward passes, even though he looked at the pass on replay about 5 times. Certainly one of the anomalies of having video referees. Try awarded.

But ANYWAY, I am not here to debate a Grand Final played 6 years ago.

copious, I recall recognising that Berrigan is not one of the best centres in the game. Of the teams still remaining in the competition, I think Gasnier, Cooper and Bowman (for his defence) are better than him. Tahu in the centres is also better than Berrigan.

And then you have those players from teams already kicked out ... there's no need to have Shaun Berrigan in the train-on squad.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Berrigan was like top tryscorer this year with 20 - correct me if im wrong.

A large proportion of those were scored before the halfway mark of the season. Putting Berrigan in the team would be like putting Kimmorley in the team (something which would have happened, but hes off best-manning)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Danny Williams
wat a faggot, i hope he hanged himself after that cat king hit...lol thats the only thing i wanted 2 comment on

Last edited:

aaaman

Banned
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Wing will be the bench utility

Anyone going to any of this weekend's games?
pfft no, i rather watch the game withhaving a chick going at ur cock :D then going to it :rolleyes:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
im not saying i approve of it, if the ref cant make a definate call then it should go to the video ref. but the video ref should be absolutely sure of his decision.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
transcendent said:
What this about Gold Coast Titans?
thats the name of the new team coming into the nrl in 2007

their new logo looks good too

for those intrested click here for about the names announcement

EDIT: i just read that their colors are going to be blue, gold and white. blue and gold are the EELS' colors. i hate them already...queenslanders...

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Eels are yellow, as much as you think it may be gold, man. YELLOW.

Eels wore a shirt, they wore a shirt for you
Oh all the things they do
AND IT WAS ALL YELLOW

Goldcoast jerseywill be predominantly gold.

Since I've never played league before - I'm gonna move to GC after HSC then play one game for Southport, so that I can be counted as a QLD junior - then I'll get selected for the Titans because of my awesome skills and then they'll pick me for Queensland :D

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
angelduck said:
u wish bookie, if you just want to wear "gold" then just learn soccor and play for the Newy Jets
"Soccor" is the best sport EVER invented :D

It actually really does sound cool!

*Back to cleaning room*

I HAVE GRADUATED!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Only six exams to go!

NSBHS IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER! FALCON PRIDE!!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
FUCK YOU PARRAMATTA. FUCK YOU.

Jersey Flegg;
Dragons 27 - 6 Rorts
Eels 10 - 6 Sharks

Fuck me.

Couldve been a local derby GF
Couldve been a replay of last years GF.

Fuck. Now the two teams I despise the most will bothbe in the FGGF and the JFGF.

Come on Newtown......

Hope this kick ass team monsters those fucking Eels.

1. Nathan Merritt
2. John Sinisa
3. Ryan McGoldrick
4. Beau Scott
5. Vince Mellars
6. David Hall
7. Russell Aitken
8. David Thompson
9. Kevin Kingston
10. James Stosic
11. Sam Isemonger
12. Jon Green
13. Cameron Ciraldo

INTERCHANGE
14. Luke Harlen
15. Clifford Manua
16. Thomas Gemmell
17. Geoff Johnson
18. Jardine Bobongie
19. David Buckley
20. Ryan Dickson

I wont care about Newtown next year.

But do it for the Sharkies this year.

GO THE BLUEBAGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)