• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*mel*

Random_87 said:
And good on Mel for gettin Rob with the "here" shpoulda been "hear"..... I only wish it coulda been me to get Rob :(
Haha thanks. Don't worry, he'll slip up again. Next time I'll tell you and you can bring it to his attention.

shortygb said:
YAY!!! bye bye brisbane...
WOOOOO I'm soooo glad they're gone!

shortygb said:
and the prime ministers 13 won against PNG, couldnt see that coming...
That's because Luke Ricketson was captain... go Ricko!! :D

Random_87

HSC
N/A
The Nick said:
The sign of a good team is winning when you're not playing well, and the Tigers didn't play well for the first hour.

Bring on the Dragqueens
Mate, remember the Cronulla vs. Dragons game? Dragons played fairly shit in that and won, so i think it should be a good game... but i hope the Tigs win.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Petero and Webcke seemed buggered right from the kick-off
so that explains why they both made breaks up the middle, they we tired. makes perfect sense now

i think we had the effort, just lacked the execution. we had opportunities, just made bad decisions, and our errors were way to high. but tigers were lucky to have the lead at halftime. but tigers played well, took their opportunities and as we all know, they won

that being said i think dragons will beat them on saturday

Bookie

Banned
HSC
First of all, the smartarse who made the cake this year used the logo used 3 years previously.

Second - something interesting. How lame is this finals series. If only the Sharks coulve won Week 1, then it wouldve been hectic cos we wouldve smashed the Boncs then made the top 4 and beaten the eels and made the GF local derby.

Oh well, we'll win PL and JF.

Mel 88 said:
That's because Luke Ricketson was captain... go Ricko!!
Thank your lucky stars the captain was Ricko! Phew! I thought Australia were gonna lose, but with Rickos captaincy they pulled off a close win.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Bookie said:
Second - something interesting. How lame is this finals series. If only the Sharks coulve won Week 1, then it wouldve been hectic cos we wouldve smashed the Boncs then made the top 4 and beaten the eels and made the GF local derby.
i wish you did, because i think we would of stood a better chance against you than we did tigers.

but im still shitty over the melbourne game. orford took a dive and we lost by 6. but melbourne are out now and so are we, so i guess it doesnt matter

ledzeppelin

HSC
fornstar said:
so that explains why they both made breaks up the middle, they we tired. makes perfect sense now
it also explains why they struggled each set to get back onside after each of the tiger's sets, and why the tigers took much pleasure in making breaks past them

ledzeppelin

HSC
fornstar said:
but im still shitty over the melbourne game. orford took a dive and we lost by 6.
typical brisbane whinging
on a similar note, i think it's time for bennett to look at stepping aside

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
typical brisbane whinging
on a similar note, i think it's time for bennett to look at stepping aside
mate whose whinging, i just called it as i saw it. and i think its pretty clear to see that smith didn't put a hand on orford, orford just fell over and let tate in to score

and im glad your opinions mean jack fuck all, because bennett has been an awesome coach and i think he will decide when its time for him to go

Random_87

HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
and im glad your opinions mean jack fuck all, because bennett has been an awesome coach and i think he will decide when its time for him to go
Aggreed, Benett is an awesome coach, and IMO is the best coach in the league... so i dont think he should be stepping down to soon.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
Aggreed, Benett is an awesome coach, and IMO is the best coach in the league... so i dont think he should be stepping down to soon.
Best coach is Sheens.

If he had the resources Bennett has had, in terms of player capability and facilities, he would be winning the comp almost year-in, year-out.

Bennett is an awesome coach, though.

davo_

good kid
HSC
fornstar said:
mate whose whinging, i just called it as i saw it. and i think its pretty clear to see that smith didn't put a hand on orford, orford just fell over and let tate in to score
Either you don't know the rules? or you're just very one eyed... Because that was a very blatant obstruction... Whether he meant to or not (I doubt it was really done on purpose) Smith took Orford out, and Orford could have helped to effect a tackle on Tate- hence have stopped him from scoring. It was not as though Orford made a bad defensive decision and chose to tackle Smith-the decoy runner- either. As for saying Orford took a dive, look at the size difference between Orford and Smith: Smith didn't need to a lay a hand on him, just by his line coinciding with Orford the smaller player was always going to get knocked arse over.

As for the thing about the coaches- Bennett is a great coach- but it must be considered that he has basically had the best of Queensland at his disposal for pretty much all of his coaching career.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I agree with Bookie, Stuart Raper is shit, but so's the rest of the front office, and since Johnny Lang we haven't had a good coach. And please, don't even think of mentioning Chris "lets drop the Dally M winner" Andersen. You say Tony Kemp is the worst coach ever copious? try Chris Andersen... IMO, the worst coach ever.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Chris Anderson was a good coach. He fucked our club up, but he was getting it in the right direction. Since the inception of Raper, nothings been done to improve the fuck up of Anderson. Anderson's a good coach, whether you like his way or not, and he's won two premierships. The only premiership Raper has won was Jersey Flegg in 94 or something, in which Peachey and Dykes played. Where are those two now?

davo_

good kid
HSC
Random_87 said:
I agree with Bookie, Stuart Raper is shit, but so's the rest of the front office, and since Johnny Lang we haven't had a good coach. And please, don't even think of mentioning Chris "lets drop the Dally M winner" Andersen. You say Tony Kemp is the worst coach ever copious? try Chris Andersen... IMO, the worst coach ever.
The problem with Chris Anderson was he stuck with the same style of football (the style that won him a premiership with Melbourne) despite the fact that the game had changed. The flat style of play he employed was destroyed by the new aggressive defensive tactics employed by teams such as the Roosters. I'm not sure if this makes him a really bad coach - I mean you can't give him too much shit - he did coach Melbourne to a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)