• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
The bearded one should only have 10 weeks of healing time. A bit of karma i suppose. Ddint watch it, but at least a Sharks inglehandedly won the Tri Nations. Well done Bearded One.

Dont worry Whiteboys, the Hockeyroos won.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Haha yeah davo_, that's how much I cared about the result too.

What I'm pissed off about is the fact that Cooper's run of scoring in every single Test he has played in came to an abrupt end.

I guess the writing was on the wall after the Sydney match, but just like last year when Australia did nothing for the whole series and then turned up for the match that counted, I thought they would do the same.

It was not to be, though. Piss-poor performance from Australia which might just give international rugby league a bit of a kickstart. God knows it needs one.

Happy with the performance of Cooper and Ryles, who along with 70-cents-a-litre carried the front row.

Price and Buderus should retire from international footy now, but granted, I have more time for Steve Price. He was injured for the second half of the season.

But Danny Buderus! God damnit this guy never impresses me when Andrew Johns doesn't play. Without Joey, Buderus looks like he's up a creek without a paddle. He deadset has no idea what to do. Craig Wing came on and actually made the hooking battle a fair contest, because Tony smashed Buderus all night.

Congratulations to the Kiwis, eh? Good for the game.

Adelaide vs Sydney in a few hours!! It's a top of the table clash and I WANT FOXTEL, F$CK!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Oh and davo_, you're right about that Raiders team! One of the best teams in the history of the game.

Actually, what do you all reckon are the best three club teams in the last 50 years?

In no particular order:

1) St George Dragons 1956-66 .. 11 premierships in a row .. does anything else need to be said? Oh, they also had three Immortals in Langlands, Raper and Gasnier, not to mention Norm Provan and Tommy Ryan.

2) Canberra Raiders 1989-94 .. a collection of some of the greatest players .. Meninga, Stuart, Clyde, Daley and Belcher. Also some of the best players in Lazarus, Mullins, Nagas, Furner, Croker, Walters, Nandruku and Wiki. An amazing team.

3) It's a toss up between Manly in the 70s, Parramatta in the 80s, or Brisbane in the 90s. All very, very good teams. I refuse to decide, lol.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Well if the Dragons of 2005 are going to be included, then the Eels of 2001 would also have to be thrown in.

They dominated like nothing else, and then choked as well.

But granted, after our thumping at Parramatta Stadium in Round 17 (I think), we became unbeatable for the rest of the regular season. It was the best two consecutive months of rugby league I have ever seen the Dragons play.

However, like you said, they choked bigtime.

And after everyone else fell down, NRL's Steven Bradbury came and won the bloody race.

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
That was a terrible performance by the Kangaroos. I just wanted them to score one try, ONE TRY IS ALL I ASKED FOR!!!!
They didn't play well as a team. I don't think they were together for long enough. If the selectors didn't change the team every five minutes, then maybe they could've gotten some points on the board.
Anyway, the last try by NZ shouldn't have been a try. The decoy runner tackled Barrett.
I can't believe that that last try was awarded! :( The way the Kangaroos were playing, Barrett probably wouldn't of successfully tackled the Kiwi player... but that's not the point!

Also, you could tell which players played in the same club team eg. Wing and Fitzy were working really well together.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
megan said:
Also, you could tell which players played in the same club team eg. Wing and Fitzy were working really well together.
Correct. They played like teammates who were paid shitloads to be together and who couldnt make the top 8 if bard fittler counted on it, and they ended up contributing a grand total of ZILCH. Well done.

HSC
Bookie said:
Correct. They played like teammates who were paid shitloads to be together and who couldnt make the top 8 if bard fittler counted on it, and they ended up contributing a grand total of ZILCH. Well done.
I sense much fear in you. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I hate Tri-Nations. New Zealand were better than us today in everything, defence, etc. Our possession and ball control was deadset embarassing. Our completition rate was fucken humiliating. Roosters players didnt get injuried. the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)