• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Hey Brogan, is your signature aimed at you? Because you must pissed that person off real bad. Very Trollish.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Shhhhhhhhh.

You will tell no one of this Santa Brogan! I got confused, hahaha. I was reading NFL news because im a fan of just about every sport there is.

While im at it, Seattle Seahawks are 12-2 this season. Simply amazing! Won 10 straight. Playing Indianopolis Colts on Saturday, should be an awesome game in the first half, but Indy will bench its starters because they are already assured a home playoff trip. Indy are 13-1, but since their not playing their starters for the full game I firmly believe the Seattle defense, although struggling with injuries, can keep them under control. And the offense? They will have no problems scoring, hopefully. They are 2nd overall in points scored and 2nd or 3rd in total offensive yards gained per game, so im sure they can do what they do best and score big.... I hope. The Indy DL and secondary is a little worrying but if Matt Hasselbeck can have a game similar to one of his last 2, we should be fine. in his last 2 games his stats are: 52-62 passes complete for 511 yards (from memory). 7 touch downs, 1 intercept. And Shaun Alexander should be able to do what he does best, and run like crazy. So close to the TD record, just needs 3 to tie and 4 to take it. I hope he can score twice on Saturday....

Well, I better stop there since this is the NRL thread and ive just polluted it with a brick of NFL news...

And i'd love to see the rest of that angry statement Brogan. That person obviously went to alot of trouble.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Tigers dude,

If Wests make the top four again in 2006, it will be a miracle.

Top four will be Dragons, Eels, Knights (with a fit Johns), Roosters/Cowboys.

Tigers will battle with Broncos, one of Roosters/Cowboys, Storm, Bulldogs, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers for the bottom four in the eight.

Raiders, Warriors and Souths can start planning for 2007 already.

I personally have the Tigers in seventh, from memory.

And just so we are all sure about it, Steven Bradbury will never win in the Winter Olympics again. Everyone won't fall over again.

I think you understand what I mean.
hmm that seems like a good top 4, they did show strong sides this year, but we must keep in mind that anything can happen in a season, so we cant say anything for sure. just one thing wrong, cant it be neither the cowboys and roosters...i hate them both so much! :chainsaw:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Santa Brogan said:
There was another...i think...but I couldn't find it.
I don't think he was being serious...but he may of been. :eek:
Well, serious or not, its still funny. I guess that was in another Forum area, like general discussion or something.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Tigers dude,

If Wests make the top four again in 2006, it will be a miracle.

Top four will be Dragons, Eels, Knights (with a fit Johns), Roosters/Cowboys.

Tigers will battle with Broncos, one of Roosters/Cowboys, Storm, Bulldogs, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers for the bottom four in the eight.

Raiders, Warriors and Souths can start planning for 2007 already.

I personally have the Tigers in seventh, from memory.

And just so we are all sure about it, Steven Bradbury will never win in the Winter Olympics again. Everyone won't fall over again.

I think you understand what I mean.
when did i ever say top 4? i reckon top 8 for certs
actually make that top 6 for certs

And now that i think of it i would hav fulton on the bench instead of maybe heigho or gibbs since fulton can play second row, lock. Pretty much a great utility player

HSC
I think the top 3 next year will be Cowboys, Roosters, Dragons. I'm not sure who'll come 4th though... also, I don't think Joey will be able to go a whole season without an injury, so that rules the Knights out!!

Another thing, Bookie your poem sucked! ;)

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
wooden spoon contention:

Canberra
Souths
Penrith
Warriors

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
hmmm.... 2yrs in a row ..... i dont reckon..... i actually reckon souths will steer clear of it as well

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
the knights wont be wooden spooners again, they were so stron towards the end of the season but their sucess really depends on joey. souths could get it too but im leaning toward canberra.

EDIT: oh yeh, merry christmas sport forum regulars!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
when did i ever say top 4? i reckon top 8 for certs
actually make that top 6 for certs
I refer you to your opening line in this whole farce:
sando said:
I reckon the Wests Tigers are in for an even better year.
As far as I can remember, they finished in fourth and then won the comp in 2005. I assume that if they were "in for an even better year", they would finish higher than fourth and win the comp.

sando said:
And now that i think of it i would hav fulton on the bench instead of maybe heigho or gibbs since fulton can play second row, lock. Pretty much a great utility player
Good job with that. Bryce Gibbs is a pretender in my opinion. Much like Keith Galloway.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
When i said "they are in for an even better year" i was jokin cos there is nothin better than premiers and besides, noone cares about the minor premiership (except for parramatta fans lol)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
You know when the St George Dragons won eleven consecutive Premierships?

If not, they did it between 1956 and 1966.

All eleven years, they also won the Minor Premiership.

The Minor Premiership / Premiership double is the biggest thing in sport. Don't kid yourself into thinking it isn't, buddy.

Wests Tigers did not prove that they were the best team (or most deserving team) to win the competition because they won all their Finals' matches.

The three best teams during the year were Parramatta, St George Illawarra, and Brisbane. In effect, the Tigers did an '02 Roosters, hitting form at the right time of the season.

They also had the benefit of every team they came up against in the Finals being out of form until the Grand Final, but everyone knew the Cowboys were never going to win that match.

Anyway, point is that to win the Minor Premiership proves that you have been the best team throughout the regular season. Eels and Dragons finished on the same competition points in 2005, so they were the two best teams across the season. To win the Premiership proves that you can cope with the pressure of cut-throat footy.

To do both is the ultimate.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
obviously both is better than one

but i'm saying i would rather premiers than minor premiers
even if u arent the best team throughout the whole year, premiers gets the most recognition.

If the minor premiers dont become premiers, every1 always criticizes them

HSC
sando said:
obviously both is better than one

but i'm saying i would rather premiers than minor premiers
even if u arent the best team throughout the whole year, premiers gets the most recognition.

If the minor premiers dont become premiers, every1 always criticizes them
Especially if your friends go for that team!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)