• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
The Minor Premiership / Premiership double is the biggest thing in sport. Don't kid yourself into thinking it isn't, buddy.
I dont know about that Rob. Thats extremely arguable. Biggest thing in the sport of Rugby league: Yes. But across all sporting games I dont think you can make that decision. What about winning a world cup ( not in league of course because thats a farce. So probably Soccer or Rugby Union) or something along those lines...?

But that statement coming from you, Rob makes me think it was probably a gramatical error which pleases me because I got to correct you if it was.

Oh, and Dragons to lose in 06

davo_

good kid
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
You know when the St George Dragons won eleven consecutive Premierships?

If not, they did it between 1956 and 1966.

All eleven years, they also won the Minor Premiership.

The Minor Premiership / Premiership double is the biggest thing in sport. Don't kid yourself into thinking it isn't, buddy.

Wests Tigers did not prove that they were the best team (or most deserving team) to win the competition because they won all their Finals' matches.

The three best teams during the year were Parramatta, St George Illawarra, and Brisbane. In effect, the Tigers did an '02 Roosters, hitting form at the right time of the season.

They also had the benefit of every team they came up against in the Finals being out of form until the Grand Final, but everyone knew the Cowboys were never going to win that match.

Anyway, point is that to win the Minor Premiership proves that you have been the best team throughout the regular season. Eels and Dragons finished on the same competition points in 2005, so they were the two best teams across the season. To win the Premiership proves that you can cope with the pressure of cut-throat footy.

To do both is the ultimate.
Stop over playing the winning of the minor premiership. At the end of the day it doesn't mean a thing until you can - as you say - cope with cut-threat pressure football. The fact is teams like the Dragons, Eels etc, couldn't cope with the pressure of the finals football - not exactly that they were out of form.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
I dont know about that Rob. Thats extremely arguable. Biggest thing in the sport of Rugby league: Yes. But across all sporting games I dont think you can make that decision. What about winning a world cup ( not in league of course because thats a farce. So probably Soccer or Rugby Union) or something along those lines...?

But that statement coming from you, Rob makes me think it was probably a gramatical error which pleases me because I got to correct you if it was.

Oh, and Dragons to lose in 06
You know what I meant, dude. Haha.

davo_ said:
Stop over playing the winning of the minor premiership. At the end of the day it doesn't mean a thing until you can - as you say - cope with cut-threat pressure football. The fact is teams like the Dragons, Eels etc, couldn't cope with the pressure of the finals football - not exactly that they were out of form.
You would've seen the Dragons match against Cronulla in Week 1 of the Finals. They were horrible. And the week before that against Newcastle in Round 26 too. The boys started to trail off after they went and completed the double in Queensland against the Cowboys and Broncos. But anyway, it is all in the past.

The main point was that winning the grand final doesn't prove that you were the best team in the competition that season.

And Merry Christmas to everyone!

One of my presents (from my parents) was a book from the Dragons called The Legend Lives On. It looks a beauty, and I can't wait to read it. Right now, though, I'm reading Never Before, Never Again, which is the best book ever written about the Dragons. It talks about 56-66, and then looks at the players' lives in the 90s. It is really amazing.

Mel, if you still read here, thankyou SO MUCH for your present. I love you! My parents also love ABBA, as you know. You are EXCELLENT!

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:

Mel, if you still read here, thankyou SO MUCH for your present. I love you! My parents also love ABBA, as you know. You are EXCELLENT!
Thanks Rob. I knew you cared....

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well since you guys are on the topic my NRL related gift was NRL Rugby League 2 (PC) and I have to say it's a big improvement on the original :). Something I have been wanting to get to complete my NRL collection so far anyway...

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Im leaving soon.... Thats all I got. Have a good New year all you Rugby League fans.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Even i was up to see it. Ur such a tease Bookie, seriously.

ANYWAY. How many days is it till NRL starts, cos id like to have something to look forward to atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)