NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Buderus is over-rated. Sullivan has Buderus over everything
Even the most casual NRL fan would know that Buderus is a class, if not several classes above Sullivan. I'm not a knights fan, but I can still admit to the truth that Buderus is clearly the best hooker in the league. Either your extremely biased or you need to learn a bit more about the NRL.

HSC
Buderus is definately a class player and one of the best hookers in the game. He rose to a whole new level with Johns being injured and never suffered from player burnout (Despite now having an injury and will miss the first 2 seasons).

Wing is not a hooker, he may provide a lot more flare in attack than Buderus, Priddis and Smith but he is a halfback playing hooker. He is not defensively capable IMO to play hooker, He is a Utility player who can cover a lot of positions but he is most suited to halfback where the defensive pressure is released.

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Id give the Knights more of a chance than the dogs, LOL. No price = No team

I will excuse you for this ridiculous post as you are a Sharks fan and clearly your type do not have any knowledge of football or how the game works, Sure we lost Price but our forward pack will lead the charge in 2005 with O'meley and Asotasi up front and Big Willie in the backrow those 3 players will lift the 2005 NRL trophy mighty high, then once you add the Class of Ryan the Determination and experience of Grimaldi and Perry, the best talent in the game Sonny Bill Williams and new recruits Chris Armit and Ben Czislowski we will again possess one of the most feared packs in the NRL.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
FlawlessBassist said:
I will excuse you for this ridiculous post as you are a Sharks fan and clearly your type do not have any knowledge of football or how the game works, Sure we lost Price but our forward pack will lead the charge in 2005 with O'meley and Asotasi up front and Big Willie in the backrow those 3 players will lift the 2005 NRL trophy mighty high, then once you add the Class of Ryan the Determination and experience of Grimaldi and Perry, the best talent in the game Sonny Bill Williams and new recruits Chris Armit and Ben Czislowski we will again possess one of the most feared packs in the NRL.
...Amen to that

Jiga

Hmmmm, yes I have some bias towards Sullivan, but see there are these things called stats, and they also show that Sullivan has it all over Buderus. Just because the media hypes a particular player up means crap, the stats do the talking!

I will agree on this level however, Buderus is all 'class' when he as a NSW or Australian side around him - who wouldnt!? Look at him for Newcastle, nothing special, and thats what the stats indicate.

As for the dogs, who will be their bench prop? Without Price they will lack a decent prop coming of the bench, Asotasi was effective in this role. Without him, they have crap. I know one particular prop who would become the prop but cant remember his name, either way, he is crap n e way. And with a deficiency up front, the backs wont get the go forward they need to make use of Anasta and crappy Sherwin. You mention Grimaldi and Perry, that was a joke right? They wouldnt even be in Souths 1st grade. lol

The sharks on the other hand have Nutley and Stevens to start, and a bunch of mean looking kiwis on the bench in the likes of Hutch from the bulldogs (not sure if hes NZ though, not even sure if he will be in 1st grade, but at least it shows depth!), once they get the ball in opposition territory with such go forward, the backs will finish it off like they did with limited opportunities last year. Thats where Dykes, Covell, Kimmorley, Peachey, Mellor & Vagana (just to mention a couple of gun players) will shine in 05.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
As for the dogs, with a deficiency up front, the backs wont get the go forward they need to make use of Anasta and crappy Sherwin. You mention Grimaldi and Perry, that was a joke right? They wouldnt even be in Souths 1st grade. lol

Thats where Dykes, Covell, Kimmorley, Peachey, Mellor & Vagana (just to mention a couple of gun players) will shine in 05.
The Bulldogs may have a small deficiency up front this year....but at least we also have a classy backline. And if Grimaldi and Perry would'nt even make Souths first Grade, i reckon Dykes, Covell, Kimmorley, Peachey and Mellor would be fortunate to even make the souths Jersey Flegg side. Amen...lol :D

Jiga

Lol

I seriously dont rate Grimaldi though, I dont know why they just didnt put Thirstan at 5/8 and Anasta at Lock last year. Id take Bailey (former NSW & Aussies rep) over Grimaldi :)

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
As for the dogs, who will be their bench prop? Without Price they will lack a decent prop coming of the bench, Asotasi was effective in this role. Without him, they have crap. I know one particular prop who would become the prop but cant remember his name, either way, he is crap n e way. And with a deficiency up front, the backs wont get the go forward they need to make use of Anasta and crappy Sherwin. You mention Grimaldi and Perry, that was a joke right? They wouldnt even be in Souths 1st grade. lol

We do not have a deficiency up front what we have is a lack of experience which will be boosted by the enthusiasm of our young forwards.
We will have plenty of Props that will come off the bench this year for the dogs including:
Chris Armit
Ben Czislowski
Trevor Thurling
Nate Myles

For the sharks however you have nothing, it saddens me to watch a sharks game and watching Vagana play with that team, the sharks do not know how to use a quality centre in fact he is one of the best centres goin around but your halves are shit and you never give him the ball.

Jiga

Some big names in those props you mentioned.....

According to you the Sharks have nothing, well I think Mellor, Vagana, Kimmorley, Dykes, Stevens, Peachey, Bailey, Covell (kicking wise) and Hilder are something!

Props wise, the Sharks in 05 will put shame to the dogs. We have :

Stevens (NSW + Aussie Rep)
Nutley (Up their in top hitups)
Galloway (Junior NSW Rep)
Lomu (Former Rooster)
Maiava (Former Bulldog)

I have also left out some young proprs who have loads of potential, but yea....

As for Vagana, I wont deny he had a lack of ball in 04, I dont know what Kimmorley was thinkin, Im partially putting this down to the fact we didnt really have a decent 5/8 which put more pressure on BK. In 05, we have Dykes, another play maker, I will guarrantee Vagana sees more ball. With this in mind however, Vagana is out of form, did you see him playing for NZ? Even with some ball he fumbled and didnt look comfortable.

What does this all mean? The dogs have no chance of winning back to back premierships because the new look sharks are in town!

Last edited by a moderator:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Some big names in those props you mentioned.....

According to you the Sharks have nothing, well I think Mellor, Vagana, Kimmorley, Dykes, Stevens, Peachey, Bailey, Covell (kicking wise) and Hilder are something!

Props wise, the Sharks in 05 will put shame to the dogs. We have :

Stevens (NSW + Aussie Rep)
Nutley (Up their in top hitups)
Galloway (Junior NSW Rep)
Lomu (Former Rooster)
Maiava (Former Bulldog)

I have also left out some young proprs who have loads of potential, but yea....

As for Vagana, I wont deny he had a lack of ball in 04, I dont know what Kimmorley was thinkin, Im partially putting this down to the fact we didnt really have a decent 5/8 which put more pressure on BK. In 05, we have Dykes, another play maker, I will guarrantee Vagana sees more ball. With this in mind however, Vagana is out of form, did you see him playing for NZ? Even with some ball he fumbled and didnt look comfortable.

What does this all mean? The dogs have no chance of winning back to back premierships because the new look sharks are in town!

Deep down inside somewhere past your biasedness you know that the Bulldogs will be up there again...and the sharks will once again struggle to make the 8.

Jiga

I will be honest. It will be Sharks vs Dogs to see who plays the rooters in Grand Final. Sharks will win by a modest 50 points, going onto the next week to beat the Roosters by 20, keeping them scoreless.......no bias in that!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im a big roosters fan. id love to say that i think they'll be in the grand final this year, but with no fitler? Ricketson just doesnt cut it so i have to say i cant see them getting there :(

Jiga

What about Roberts and all those other players they bought...and somehow still remained under the salary cap! Roosters will be there, Souths would be to if they cheated and went over the cap to, which team wouldnt......

alien

HSC
broncos and panthers!
don't kill me i've lived in penrith and broncos terristory... plus... Karmichael Hunt... Lockyer...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
alien said:
broncos and panthers!
don't kill me i've lived in penrith and broncos terristory... plus... Karmichael Hunt... Lockyer...
Both of those teams will be up there in the top 8 somewhere. I still think the Bulldogs and Rorters will come out on top of them though.

Knights_chick

Schoolies 2004 you really are an idiot.
I thought that I was biased, but you just take the cake. I don't think anyone will agree with you that Sullivan is better than Buderus (unless they are a psycho Sharks fan like you). The media does not hype him up. They only did that because he won the Dally M and had a fantastic year. These 'stats' you are looking at must come from an unrealible source. Even if these are correct, I stil think Buderus is way better. Really, you cannot compare Sullivan to Buderus.
And how do you get off saying that he is nothing when playing with the Knights? He is the captain of the team and leads by example. How about that great try he scored against the Broncos last year in the GP game? If anything, he is a better player with the Knights than he is with the rep teams.
When you team has on a comp, which will be quite a while, come talk proper footy because right now you are dillusional.
Btw, BK for Brett Kimmorley? I have never heard that. I thought his nickname was noddy? Bk is Ben Kennedy.

P.S- Happy Birthday to Bedsey on Sunday :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Iluvtheknights said:
Schoolies 2004 you really are an idiot.
I thought that I was biased, but you just take the cake. I don't think anyone will agree with you that Sullivan is better than Buderus (unless they are a psycho Sharks fan like you). The media does not hype him up. They only did that because he won the Dally M and had a fantastic year. These 'stats' you are looking at must come from an unrealible source. Even if these are correct, I stil think Buderus is way better. Really, you cannot compare Sullivan to Buderus.
And how do you get off saying that he is nothing when playing with the Knights? He is the captain of the team and leads by example. How about that great try he scored against the Broncos last year in the GP game? If anything, he is a better player with the Knights than he is with the rep teams.
When you team has on a comp, which will be quite a while, come talk proper footy because right now you are dillusional.
Btw, BK for Brett Kimmorley? I have never heard that. I thought his nickname was noddy? Bk is Ben Kennedy.

P.S- Happy Birthday to Bedsey on Sunday :)
.....Amen :D

Jiga

He is Noddy, but short hand is BK ;)

As for Sullivan, stats dont lie Im afraid, you can have this gut feeling or believe the media (which isnt wise), but the stats show that Sullivan owns Buderus' arse. Where I got these from....The NRL site, they are unreliable!?

Whos an idiot, "Amen" boy. I just kicked his arse ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)