NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
What about Masons foot injury, thats an injury that would take ages to heal....

What was he doing to get that, running from the cops?
No, he was scoring under the posts against the Americans.

Wow, the Sharks beat Parramatta. Psshaw...I could beat Parramatta.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I will attempt to end this ongoing Bulldogs v Sharks argument. The sharkies are definitely on the way up after a few good buys during the off-season...but they are clearly at the very least 3 or 4 years away from winning the premiership.

Any logical, unbiased person would agree that the Bulldogs will comfortably make the top 4 this season and the sharks will finish somewhere on the fringe of the top 8....provided that there are no shocks of course.

Jiga

I dont deny the dogs will be up their, I never have!

As for your 3 - 4 years thing, I dont agree. Clubs go through phases, they have a building phase, then a phase where they are good, and a rebuilding phase. I believe the Sharks are at the 2nd level. In 3+ years time we will be rebuilding, players like Stevens & Co would have retired, meaning the club will have to start from scratch bulding a side.

I guarrantee you that the Sharks wont be in the frindge of the 8, they will be comfortable in it. That is all for now - in a couple of months time I will come back to this thread, highlighting the fact that I was right all along :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
I dont deny the dogs will be up their, I never have!

As for your 3 - 4 years thing, I dont agree. Clubs go through phases, they have a building phase, then a phase where they are good, and a rebuilding phase. I believe the Sharks are at the 2nd level. In 3+ years time we will be rebuilding, players like Stevens & Co would have retired, meaning the club will have to start from scratch bulding a side.

I guarrantee you that the Sharks wont be in the frindge of the 8, they will be comfortable in it. That is all for now - in a couple of months time I will come back to this thread, highlighting the fact that I was right all along :)
...and I will also be back in a couple of months to laugh at you...because the sharkies will not comfortably be in the 8. They will finish somewhere between 6th (if absolutely everything goes their way) and 10th.

HSC
Hahahahahahaha

Missed this whole argument unfortunately, would have loved to participate, but it was no doubt one of the funniest things I've read.

LOL

matt#1

HSC
N/A
ohwhenthesaints said:
Hahahahahahaha

Missed this whole argument unfortunately, would have loved to participate, but it was no doubt one of the funniest things I've read.

LOL
The funniest thing about this is that the season has not even started yet....i cant even imagine how heated things are going to be in here once it starts up again.

and anyway...surely you have an opinion to share in this Bulldogs v Sharks argument?

Last edited:

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
yea, every club have these phases...except for st george. We seem to be alway rebuliding, we are like the most productive youth producer unlike some other clubs*cough* most other sydney clubs*cough*...theres like an improtant player in every side that used to play for the dragons/steelers

HSC
matt#1 said:
The funniest thing about this is that the season has not even started yet....i cant even imagine how heated things are going to be in here once it starts up again.
Looking forward to it.

matt#1 said:
and anyway...surely you have an opinion to share in this Bulldogs v Sharks argument?
Well I hate both clubs with a passion, these 2 and the Rorters are by far my most hated teams. But that doesn't mean I can't repsect the Cheats' ability as a football team. Clearly the best team last year and will be right up there again this year, still have a very strong side.

The Scum on the other hand. Well they are a pathetic excuse for a club. Everything about them is shithouse. I was pissing myself when the Scum fan started talking about how good their props were. He listed Hutch and his reason was 'former Bulldog'. Hahaaha, Hutch played reggies at Dogs half the year. But yeah the Scum... wouldn't surprise me to see them competing for the spoon. Although there's quite a few shit sides so realistically they will be a fringe 8 side. They might sneak into the 8 but will not do anything, no way.

And Schoolies I look forward to you bumping this thread, really I do.

P.s. I'm sure Suney_J knows my opinion on the Doggies but yeah, I think we agreed to disagree about that sometime ago, and I really couldn't be fucked going through it all again. So will just stick to football.. the side they have is still very strong and certainly deserve to be favourites, they will be right up there again.

Jiga

He listed Hutch and his reason was 'former Bulldog'. Hahaaha, Hutch played reggies at Dogs half the year
I also said words the effect of "I doubt he'll play 1st grade though".

As for up and coming talent, try the entire side which beat Parra, a PL side full of youngsters beat a virtually full strength side - looks like talent to me. Add to this our Jersey Flegg got into the GF last year and should have won and well....you can gather there is talent around at the Shire club

Schoolies I look forward to you bumping this thread, really I do.
Nothin better then beating a Stain George fan in an argument

Last edited by a moderator:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
I also said words the effect of "I doubt he'll play 1st grade though".

As for up and coming talent, try the entire side which beat Parra, a PL side full of youngsters beat a virtually full strength side - looks like talent to me.
Its not really hard for a team of youngsters to beat Parra....do you remember what a massively understrength dragons side did to them last year....just ask ohwhenthesaints :p

Jiga

Its a totally different side this year, alot stronger. I think it was quite an impressive win. I can wait till this ohwenthesaints returns, he wont be the first dragon Ive slayed :cool:

Jiga

mizz_smee said:
sonny bill has to stay with the NRL.... that is all
Theres no i in team

I think hed be stupid to switch codes, IMO his style suits the NRL where tackling and attack are key aspects of the game. In union, its abit more widespread, its bout field position, ruck and mauls etc - it would be a waste of his skills. Its also a large risk changing, and its only for like $200,000 extra, hes gonna have to way up his options

Who knows, he mite come to the Sharks, hes friends wif Vagana, and we now have like 5 big kiwis in our squad

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Who knows, he mite come to the Sharks, hes friends wif Vagana, and we now have like 5 big kiwis in our squad
Keep on dreaming....Sonny Bill is staying with the doggies. Why the hell would he go to that pathetic excuse for an NRL club for....he saw what it did to Vagana's form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)