NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Would've had a perfect round if it wasn't for the damn Panthers. But hahahahhaha, did you see Luke Rooney's hair? Hahahahahha.

I went to the game on Friday. It was really good, despite the fact that Simpkins is the crappiest ref (besides Tony Archer). We shouldn't have let in 28 points though. I was really disappointed in that.

I didn't watch the StormvKnights game...was Andrew Johns any good? Too much hype, I say.

HSC
Big weekend of results, where to being? Panthers were very disappointing, I don't even think that they will make the Top 4 this season - Dykes was electric for the Sharks. It is hard to judge the sides simply on one game ... though I am really keen on seeing Canberra make their debut this weekend.

The Warriors played attractive football, when they weren't dropping the ball. Manly were unlucky not to make the 8 last season and with a fired up Terry Hill on the roster they are sure to go this year! :rolleyes: Poor ol' Rabbits, 12-0 up at half time and have 24 unanswered points scored against them in the 2nd half. Brisbane were impressive against the Cowboys - and to think we have so many more action packed Rounds ahead of us. :)

T

timbk2

i'd put a bet on knights finsihing wooden spoon this year.

team morale is down
club morale is down (no sponsors)
team form is down...

M | |< E

HSC
I've tipped the Newcastle Knights to win the wooden spoon this year but after looking at the draw they may be able to get a few early wins and this might be enough for them to avoid taking the unwanted prize. In the next 7 rounds they will be taking on the Raiders twice and the Rabbitohs once. I definitely think they can at least beat the Raiders.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Is any other Bulldog fan reeeeeeeally frustrated with Willie Mason? He really thinks he's king shit lately. First the club is paying him to sit on his ass for 20 rounds and now he can't even show up to a bloody game. I'm sick of hearing about other clubs and Rugby Union (EW). If he wants to leave, he should leave. We're better off keeping Sonny Bill and Anasta who are actually game breakers.

I guess Kimmorley is out for the Sharks. Hope the Eagles win on Sunday :D.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Masonz form last season waz instrumental fo the Dogz though, especially in the prelim and grand finalz when Price waz out.

T

timbk2

i think with Roy asotasi and sonny-bill coming through, we wont really miss mason that much. Mason played more of a bulldozing roll rather than making plays or defending.

i wouldnt mind seeing him go to union.. it'd be interesting, plus it'll free up some salary cap space for the doggies to invest in other talent. (you gotta love the doggies scouts... they really know how to spot talent... eg. tonga, sbw..lolesi)

HSC
Mason is beginning to frustrate me as well, and I will not be phased if he leaves, I will be dissappointed but thats life, plus the media talks of the big 3 SBW, Mason and Anasta but there is alot more players off contract this year such as lolesi, perry and hughes and im pretty sure that thurling, myles and phelps are off contract as well.

HSC
timbk2 said:
i think with Roy asotasi and sonny-bill coming through, we wont really miss mason that much. Mason played more of a bulldozing roll rather than making plays or defending.
IMO Mason is extremely important to the Dogs, even though he's a complete fuckwit. Mason is one of the most damaging ball runners in the game. Obviously you have the goods with SBW, Omeley, Asotasi and Matua but I don't rate Armit or Czilowski at all. Nate Myles is good though and I expect Thurling to be playing soon.

I rambled on a bit sorry but I think Mason will be a big loss. Dogs are on fire at the moment and as long as most players stay on the field will probably continue to be, but a few more injuries and will be some trouble. Just compare last years bench to this years.

timbk2 said:
(you gotta love the doggies scouts... they really know how to spot talent... eg. tonga, sbw..lolesi)
I think there is alot of clubs who are able to spot the talent. It's just that the doggies scouts were the ones able to attract the talent through not worrying too much about the rules.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
He's got pace and can finish off line breaks, i'll give him that.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'm quite impressed by Melbournez win over Newcastle, they do have some talent in their squad. But how iz Slaterz defensive side goin...? Any improvementz...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)