NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
'The Kid' is wasted at the Storm.

He needs to be playing for a bigger/better club..............
I think Slater gets too much attention - it takes away from players like Matty Orford, Hill and the reliable Matt King. Sure Slater is good but a club like the Roosters or Brisbane would suit him, they are more attacking minded that the Storm but they both have full back covered with Minechello and Roberts.

If he were to move where would he go? England? Who would be play for in Oz?

BTW .. did anyone here Souths may try to snag players like Anasta and an English Int. winger seeing as they will have $2 million + to spend next season? :p

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
He'll stay at the storm, i cant see him fitting in any other team cause most have the fullback spot covered. Maybe bulldogs if they can offload Patten, he's kinda gone down hill recently.

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
BTW .. did anyone here Souths may try to snag players like Anasta and an English Int. winger seeing as they will have $2 million + to spend next season? :p
Reclaim him you mean!!

Souths junior!!

Let them get Craig Wing back too!!

And Reni!

Souths can make the 8 this year. Injuries will destoy them though. No depth whatsoever except Dean Byrne playing reggies.

HSC
Btw, unless they are realeasing half their team I'm fairly sure it's not quite $2mil. I think it's more like 250k remaining from the salary cap they prviously couldn't afford to spend, as well as off contract players etc.

Jiga

The judiciary is a load of shit, Nutley gone for two weeks, complete bullshit. On another note, it doesnt really matter cos Manly are crap, they are over-rated, they beat a out of form warriors side and struggled to even do that!

HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Btw, unless they are realeasing half their team I'm fairly sure it's not quite $2mil. I think it's more like 250k remaining from the salary cap they prviously couldn't afford to spend, as well as off contract players etc.
Yeah well I wasn't too sure on the topic I just kind of assumed.

Then I read in the Herald like 10 minutes later that Richardson said they could have up to 2million to spend next year, so my apologies you were correct. I guess I didn't realise the extent of their situation... must have alot of players off contract?

Knights_chick

I don't think Souths will get the wooden spoon, but they won't make the 8 either. I think they will finish around 9th, 10th.
The Knights won't get the spoon. They are missing so many players, that they have resorted to buying Craig Smith, who will give them some sort of leadership and fire in the pack.
The Knights will be getting most of their players back in Round 4 onwards.
Joey is going to take time to get back to near his best. You can't just dismiss him after one game back. The Knights will be much better when Buderus and Kurt Gidley get back. And thank god they dumped Steve Witt back to reserve grade. That guy is one of the worst players to pull on a knights jersey.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
its too early to see who will come first or last but if the cowboys clean up their game they will be a chance for the four if they make townsville a fortress.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
damn sonny bill if he didn't play for the bulldogs i would have backed cowboys.
i suck at this whole footy tipping thing.
i think my tactic of the team with the hottest guys isn't working.

Knights_chick

After the first 2 rounds I think Melbourne Storm are going to be very competitive this year. IMO I think they will go close to winning it, or be in the top 4 at least.

What's going on with the dragons?? They are at the bottom with the Knights.
There is a couple of rumors going around at the moment. One is that Steve Folkes might be coaching the Dragons next year and that Anasta is a strong chance of going to Souths.

Btw, I think the comp is way open now.

M | |< E

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
The judiciary is a load of shit, Nutley gone for two weeks, complete bullshit. On another note, it doesnt really matter cos Manly are crap, they are over-rated, they beat a out of form warriors side and struggled to even do that!
And yet you lost to us, hahahaha.

Should be good this weekend. The Roosters are taking on the Broncos, im tipping a change of form for the Dragons when they take on the Panthers and 1st placed Melbourne are taking on 2nd placed Manly, yeeeaaahhh.

M | |< E

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
I don't think Souths will get the wooden spoon, but they won't make the 8 either. I think they will finish around 9th, 10th.
The Knights won't get the spoon. They are missing so many players, that they have resorted to buying Craig Smith, who will give them some sort of leadership and fire in the pack.
The Knights will be getting most of their players back in Round 4 onwards.
Joey is going to take time to get back to near his best. You can't just dismiss him after one game back. The Knights will be much better when Buderus and Kurt Gidley get back. And thank god they dumped Steve Witt back to reserve grade. That guy is one of the worst players to pull on a knights jersey.
Unfortunately for the Knights all your supposed easy fixtures are early on in the season so you really need all your good players early on. The Raiders are suspected spoon contenders, you've face them once and lost and you'll face them again in about 5 rounds I think. You'll also be facing the Rabbits in round 6.

Jiga

you lost to us
It was a sad day, losing to Manly, the Sharks defense was a disgrace, and their discipline was poor (Although Simpkins was OBVIOUSLY one sided!).

But hey, thats was happens when your missing the best 1/2 in Australia and your two best props who btw lead tackles + hit-ups each game. Cant w8 till every1s back, and Hutch comes off the Bench instead of startin, then I will give credit to teams beating the mighty sharks. Interesting news, Sharks are looking at the big prop Bailey from Stain George as a replacement for Stevens, an obvious downgrade but I would still welcome him!!!

M | |< E

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
the Sharks defense was a disgrace, and their discipline was poor
Right on, thats why so many people tipped them to finish in the bottom 3 this year. IMO they may concede 700+ points this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)