NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
angelduck said:
I cant remember now, did he say it before or after the game?

Do u think he might have said it to make sure the ref doesnt make such a stupid decision agaoin?
im not sure, i think i read somewhere that ch9 was interviewing him in the last 10 min or so of the game. look it was a heat of the moment saying. if you were the coach, you'd be pissed of at that decision too. ricky stuart wears his heart on his sleeve and unlike bennett, actually respond to jounalists. besides, he apologised in the telegraph last week

Boo_

HSC
copious said:
As long as it isnt Russel Smith the game is in safe hands!
totally agree!!! cant stand smith...though he is starting to get a tiny bit better...he should fully learn the AUSTRALIAN rules, instead of using the english rules...

Boo_

HSC
copious said:
At the end of the day, all coaches have the right just like anyone else to voice their opinion of a ref, players do as well. But im sure there are appropriate channels to criticise the performance of refs, speaking out about it publicly does nothing but bring the game into disrepute.
yeah, casue it also shows that if the coach can criticise the ref off the field, then the players can do it on the field...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well speaking of dodgy ref performances, steve clark was fair dinkum awful tonight. he made so many bad decisions and manly really got rooted.

Trogie

HSC
blackfriday said:
well speaking of dodgy ref performances, steve clark was fair dinkum awful tonight. he made so many bad decisions and manly really got rooted.
I don't think the refereeing decisions made much of a difference to the result. Brisbane were a lot better on the night, a class act all the way. Manly have been playing well this season, but tonight shows they've gotta learn how to stand up in the big games when it really counts.

Boo_

HSC
yeah, that makes 2 games they played really bad in...and if a team plays bad, they cant blame the ref if the opposing team takes the opportunities that are presented to them

and anyway, broncos are on fire, now they have the momentum...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
berrigan is playing good in recent games, lol darren smiths... i never liked him but you gotta admire his tenacity and endurance...

steven clark had a shocker, its funny how watmough made a break with support streaming thru and clark calls a penalty 10m behind him ... to manly... lol

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
all i was trying to say is that you can't buy a team of stars like chelsea did in the EPL. salray cap stops that
Lol well you lot are certainly giving it your best shot.

Salary cap should stop that

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
berrigan is playing good in recent games, lol darren smiths... i never liked him but you gotta admire his tenacity and endurance...

steven clark had a shocker, its funny how watmough made a break with support streaming thru and clark calls a penalty 10m behind him ... to manly... lol
Lol, gee Monaghan was pissed off last night. At least the eagles won the second half. You can tell rabs warren was in love with lockyer.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Boo_ said:
and anyway, broncos are on fire, now they have the momentum...
Broncos play Bulldogs next week and then Cowboys.

After this, they head into Origin.

Brisbane are looking at having Berrigan, Carroll, Civoniceva, Lockyer, Tate, and Thorn in Origin. Six players makes it almost the least number of Broncos players in Origin for years. I wonder how their momentum will hold up through SOO.

Currently the Sharks lead the Storm 14 - 4 after 45 minutes. Possibly looks like another tip wrong [ I did get it right last night, though :) ]

Aren't us Dragons lucky that we aren't getting Mundine? At least, the media says that an official has come out and said we don't want him. *Breathes sigh of relief*

Sharks just crossed. Sullivan scores. Covell converts. Sharks 20 leading Storm 4 after 47 minutes.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Can't believe the Storm have lost two night games at Olympic Park! It's a tipping nightmare.

In other news...2 wins in a row! I'm shocked but happy, even though we'll get smashed next week.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
cowboys play super tonite...thought i would say that to knock up my 100 posts :)

chesseANDbacon

HSC
so disspointed roosters lost :( but i dnt care...i have faith in the roosters and they WILL turn around- so depressed atm. The only good thing i can think of right now from last nights game is that cowboys are on top of the ladder beating the broncos- so long as neone beats those damn broncos- then im uh somewhat happy- so psd off but...grrrrr.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
i wasnt not picking on the doggies, i was just saying it as a statement, yeh i agree with nate myles, but armit has been average imo and the likes of czerlowskis been worse. roosters have some problems as well, unless firman improves, he'll be another luke dorn buy...wasting away in the premier league, i guess having several players who cna play many of the forward position helps at the rooster, but with a few injuries in the forwards, it will be pretty weak too, unlike say the dragons or broncos, or warriors. newcastle (before they lost their stars) also had similar problems.

now that i think a bit more about it, this might not be as good an example as i thought at the time, but in my original message, all i was trying to say is that you can't but a team of stars like chelsea did in the EPL. salray cap stops that
fair enuf, exept for Armit, he's been consistant

**MeL**88 said:
No i don't agree. Stating your opinion and saying that it was a wrong decision... that's not whinging.
But you said he always does that... and thats called whinging (ie always complaining)

chesseANDbacon

HSC
i hope dragons lose to west tigers today, cant bear dragons supporters rubbing in my face when they win and teasing me again- seeing as almost all my friends are dragons supporters-

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Hey Snickerdoodle, i didnt know u went for the dogs?
For real? Of course I do. Born and bred in Belmore, so there was never really a choice :p.

The Cowboys were great! I'm still not sure if they can win a Premiership though. The worst thing ever would be a Brisbane v NthQld GF.

HSC
Newcastle, West Tigers and the Warriors should all hang their heads in shame after blowing leads in matches that they should've won - not to mention screwing up my tipping for this week! :p

The Tigers v. Dragons was a good match - Wests can really play some exciting and attacking football when they aren't committing basic handling errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)