NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Man, im in shock but I have to concede that the Cowboys played well but what the crap were the doggies doing?

We blew it yesterday in the first 15mins or so but we still managed to lose by only a point but now we are gone :(.

I was even cheering when the Dogs got those breaks in the last couple of minutes but they didn't come up with much in the end :mad:.

Last edited:

govich

high rolla baby
HSC
the doggies only started playing rugby at around the 60th minute.. can't figure out what they were trying to do before that :p

billbro

HSC
N/A
Yeah well they should have played like premiership favourites not a bunch of rookies and they could have risked Anasta to keep the red and white alive :D.

rumour

HSC
Nooooo, just ONE point!!!!! :(

I'd be fine if we lost by 5 points or something, but we were so close.........:(

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well done melbourne and cowboys.... i reckon the storm is a darkhorse for the comp... it'd b good if they knock the dogs out next week too:D

T

timbk2

dogs didnt have much to play for cause it wasnt do - or -die for them. cowboys couldnt afford to lose and were massive underdogs. . but i must say... sing had a blinder. they targeted utai cause he's not that strong under the high ball and he's pretty short.

feel sorry for the dragons fans out there.. oh well.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm so glad the bulldogs lost
however, it'd either psych them up for next week, or deflate their confidence, so we have to wait and see

if the roosters win tomorrow, do they get a week off?

billbro

HSC
N/A
Roosters would get a week off since they would be in #1 position well atleast that is how I think the final system works. Panthers have the week off now as well I believe.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
if roosters win then its roosters and penrith with the bye, dragons and canberra out and then the semis would b
penrith v winner of (dogs v storm) and roosters v winner of (cowboys v brisbane)

if roosters lose then panthers and storm gets the bye, broncos and dragons are out and then the semis are
storm v winner of (roosters v cowboys) and penrith v winner of (dogs v canberra)

HSC
Devastated

Absolutely fucking devastated. Shattered. Everything that could possibly go wrong this weekend did. Ultimately we only have ourselves to blame though. All our boys thought we were playing next week for sure (DID YOU HEAR BARRETT FFS) and look at what happened.

Don't think I can watch another NRL game until charity shield next year. Does this mean Rorters v Bullcheats in the preliminary final? I think this weekend proves that the sytem is flawed. Saints and Broncos have performed fairly well for the majority of the year, yet could both be out 1st week, whereas teams such as Cowboys and Raiders are being rewarded despite having less wins than losses. Top 5 or 6 is needed otherwise use the AFL system. Although if we got rid of the top 8 I would probably never get to see the red V play another semi.

Cannot believe its over FUCK

HSC
Don't be fooled by the Bullcheats' performance. Cowboys played pretty well and good luck to them. Bulldogs knew they were playing next week and didn't care too much. They rested key players at important times, which just wouldn't happen if the season was on the line. Thats they're excuse, what's St George's excuse for not turning up to play? I still think Bullcheats are the team to beat. Should be out of them and the Rorters.

nerd2die4

HSC
the finals system is - the two lowest losers leave the comp
- and the two highest winners get a week off

Sing Sung Saints Sermon,which means, bye bye dragons. ohh man i love finals football

Last edited:

neonazi

ohwhenthesaints said:
Absolutely fucking devastated. Shattered. Everything that could possibly go wrong this weekend did. Ultimately we only have ourselves to blame though. All our boys thought we were playing next week for sure (DID YOU HEAR BARRETT FFS) and look at what happened.

Don't think I can watch another NRL game until charity shield next year. Does this mean Rorters v Bullcheats in the preliminary final? I think this weekend proves that the sytem is flawed. Saints and Broncos have performed fairly well for the majority of the year, yet could both be out 1st week, whereas teams such as Cowboys and Raiders are being rewarded despite having less wins than losses. Top 5 or 6 is needed otherwise use the AFL system. Although if we got rid of the top 8 I would probably never get to see the red V play another semi.

just thought id let u know that the cowboys had won 12 games and lost 11 and drawn 1, so u just got ur facts wrong a bit. im soo happy for the cowboys though!!!

and if u wanna see ur dragons go betta, u need a betta coach. no good blamin the players, they go good, but browny is a shithouse coach.

neonazi

just a quick note before todays game...ruben wiki is gonna play. bad move by raiders. he will be a burden on the team more than an inspiration, as he could barely walk a couple of days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)