NSW DET Internet Filtering Question (1 Viewer)

jazzzod

HSC
Haha, just an old memory.
Upon the installation of the DET filtering system i sent an email to the DET IT, telling them how much it will definately effect my learning, and how 80% of the sites i use for resource are now blocked for evidently no reason. I told them that this would have an impact on my learning activities, and it will reduce marks which i could have otherwise archieved more. No, i do not use it for facebook or "D4 Pr0nz". Upon receiving this email, the DET promtly went to contacting my schools principal and informing him of my "harrassment" of DET personel in relation to my complaints. They also requested that my internet access be denied for some time. However, my principal saw this as less-than-fit punishment, and i almost was suspended for complaining about something i did not like.

Yay for democracy.

Ex Narooma High student, NSW.

JD.

jacobkelly

HSC
I think the new filtering system is terrible. I can't even do half my work because 99% of the sites that I need to use are blocked. It is very annoying trying to finish a major SC assignment when half the sites you want to use are all blocked. :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)