NSW Election - BOS Voting Intentions (2 Viewers)

Legislative Assembly: 1st Preference

• Liberal/National

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Labor

Votes: 53 45.3%
  • Greens

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • Independent

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Electorate: Ryde (Safe ALP - 14.7% - John Watkins)

Voting

L.A: 1. Liberal (Tagg)

L.C: Below the line, preferencing CDP, shooters and the more conservative Libs.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Maybe that's because it's a lie.

And there aren't 20,000 beureaucratic jobs in NSW available to cut, Liberal douchebags, so quit trying to fool people.
Theres actually more than that, people who come in 9:30, leave 4:30 and whose job is nothing more than beureacratic filler, they're almost in every government department save maybe the treasury.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
evidence plz.

oh, don't get me wrong, i'm sure there's a few jobs out there that we don't need. not anywhere near 20,000 though. what's unfortunate, is that any middle man job, no matter how nessecary it may be, is being looked at as completely useless by liberal-voting swines.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
evidence plz.

oh, don't get me wrong, i'm sure there's a few jobs out there that we don't need. not anywhere near 20,000 though. what's unfortunate, is that any middle man job, no matter how nessecary it may be, is being looked at as completely useless by liberal-voting swines.
This has been discussed to death in the other thread which is where it should be. This is the voting intention thread.

The fact that a 5,000 reduction per year is approximately 1.7% of the public service, makes it more than feasable (particularly when spread over four years)

webby234

HSC
N/A
Pittwater - held by McTaggart (independent) but may well go back to Liberal.

Intention
1. McWhirter (Greens)
2. Nicotra (Democrats)
3. McTaggart (Independent)
4. Boydell (Labor)
5. Stokes (Liberal)
6. Byrne (Australians Against Further Immigration)
7. Giles (Christian Democratic Party)

Legislative Council pretty similar - may vote below the line.

kenny156

Zoidberg Rocks!
HSC
Electorate: Newcastle, a safe Labor seat which may be won by the popular current sitting member who has been dumped by the ALP for a ditzy TV presenter.

LA: Independent (dumped ALP, current member), Independent (local Mayor), ALP.

LC: Democrats, ALP maybe greens somewhere

jameseginton

HSC
Its amusing the guy with the Mark Latham Photo saying someones a liar. The guy who lied about hitting a cab driver and didn't have the balls to stand up to his party - had to wait until he retired from politics so as not to be laughed at in question time.

At what point has the state opposition lied. What, they decided to make up an unpopular policy based on a lie. Wow, maybe they really are stupid. Get an idea. There's a reason that Biff is an embarrasement on the Labor party and i'm a liberal man.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ZabZu said:
You mean the religious right :rofl:
Don't make the mistake of conflating religion with conservatism, especially of the economic kind, because whilst these two things often suggest the other, they exist seperately.

Every argument for a conservative, right or pro-individual position I have made hasn't been derived from any religious source.

Last edited:

ZabZu

HSC
bshoc said:
Don't make the mistake of conflating religion with conservatism, especially of the economic kind, because whilst these two things often suggest the other, they exist seperately.

Every argument for a conservative, right or pro-individual position I have made hasn't been derived from any religious source.
Your right they do exist separately. The Liberal party has always been dominated by people who are economic conservatives. But today many Liberal candidates are also social conservatives. By social conservatives I imply they are against abortion, homosexuals, sex before marriage, etc and most of the time they are religious.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
jameseginton said:
= There's a reason that Biff is an embarrasement on the Labor party and i'm a liberal man.
Congrats on being a Liberal man.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I didn't realise being economically conservative granted one porcine qualities?
Oh my, of course they do.

james egington said:
Its amusing the guy with the Mark Latham Photo saying someones a liar. The guy who lied about hitting a cab driver and didn't have the balls to stand up to his party - had to wait until he retired from politics so as not to be laughed at in question time.
All the relevancy to the subject as a moist boot.

At what point has the state opposition lied. What, they decided to make up an unpopular policy based on a lie. Wow, maybe they really are stupid. Get an idea. There's a reason that Biff is an embarrasement on the Labor party and i'm a liberal man.
Hey, good for you son. As I said though, please try and find me evidence that there's 20,000 jobs able to be cut in the public services without drastically impacting on quality (in a negative way for those not trained in reading implicit thoughts). I'm no expert on this type of thing, but I'd expect that by ham-fistedly cutting out random jobs for the sake of "profits", as Mr. Debnam suggests, that the schools, hospitals, police and other services of NSW will fall in quality to a drastically low levels. We're already in a pretty tight situation in regards to services, and cutting what very well could be vital jobs isn't the way to go about improving these services.

Besides, the liberal party is notorious for cutting spending, it's their shtick. I'm not sure I follow the logic of those intending to vote for the liberal party, in order to increase the quality of services, especially when you consider that Debnam wants to cut jobs, and indeed doesn't regard a vital issue like public transport as important in this election. My my, I seem to remember Debnam suggesting extra express train services on his campaign material. He suggested it for the Illawarra line. At this time, that's simply not possible. It shows a leader of a party who are out of touch, out of mind and totally unfit to run a state government.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Hey, good for you son. As I said though, please try and find me evidence that there's 20,000 jobs able to be cut in the public services without drastically impacting on quality (in a negative way for those not trained in reading implicit thoughts). I'm no expert on this type of thing, but I'd expect that by ham-fistedly cutting out random jobs for the sake of "profits", as Mr. Debnam suggests, that the schools, hospitals, police and other services of NSW will fall in quality to a drastically low levels. We're already in a pretty tight situation in regards to services, and cutting what very well could be vital jobs isn't the way to go about improving these services.

Besides, the liberal party is notorious for cutting spending, it's their shtick. I'm not sure I follow the logic of those intending to vote for the liberal party, in order to increase the quality of services, especially when you consider that Debnam wants to cut jobs, and indeed doesn't regard a vital issue like public transport as important in this election. My my, I seem to remember Debnam suggesting extra express train services on his campaign material. He suggested it for the Illawarra line. At this time, that's simply not possible. It shows a leader of a party who are out of touch, out of mind and totally unfit to run a state government.
Have you ever worked in the public service, or know anyone currently working as a bureaucrat?

Didn't think so.

It's all about resource allocation, and the very fact we have resources flowing unnecessarily to the 'middle cluster' of jobs is highly relevant, We're not ina tight situation in relation to services, we're in tight situation in relation to the allocation of existing resources. There is a considerable difference.

It's a moot point now anyway..

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
frog12896 said:
Have you ever worked in the public service, or know anyone currently working as a bureaucrat?

Didn't think so.
Lol. I expected better debating from you, frog.

It's all about resource allocation, and the very fact we have resources flowing unnecessarily to the 'middle cluster' of jobs is highly relevant, We're not ina tight situation in relation to services, we're in tight situation in relation to the allocation of existing resources. There is a considerable difference.
Yes, there is a difference. Once more though, no-one will be able to acheive anything with the axeman running into public service sectors with a giant axe, firing any employee who fits the bill. A cheap metaphor? Maybe, but I fail to see how he plans on cutting 20,000 jobs any other way.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
By not rehiring people when they retire or leave, to reduce the size of the bureaucracy by 20,000 people. It's not THAT hard to understand.
Now remember you're talking to people who vote for LABOR here, people who oppose things like the GST, VSU, these cuts, Workchoices etc. without reading the legislation or understanding the mechanincs of the implementation.

Jiga

Youd have to be f*cked in the head to vote Liberal:

* Wants to cut 20,000 jobs yet somehow will improve services
* Claims more investment while less taxes (typical bullshyte promise)
* Was affiliated with 3 businesses which all failed (cant run a business, hows he gonna run a state)
* Is indecisive (One minute he opposes desal, then will build, then wont, then will, then maybe)
* Liberals in the past have had suicidal maniacs as their leaders (ie Brogdan)
* All of Liberals shadow minsters are crap, make guys like Trapodi (spellin) look half decent
* Cant decide who their own leader is yet expect the public to vote such an unstable party into government
* Will give IR powers or whatever to federal govt (never a great idea to have fed and state the same parties when you have issues like this arising)

1000 other things I could mention, but you get the picture. And dont get me wrong Labor aernt great, but it is simply the LESSER OF TWO EVILS

Last edited by a moderator:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
bshoc said:
Now remember you're talking to people who vote for LABOR here, people who oppose things like the GST, VSU, these cuts, Workchoices etc. without reading the legislation or understanding the mechanincs of the implementation.
it's not cool to assume things. I adore VSU.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Youd have to be f*cked in the head to vote Liberal:

* Wants to cut 20,000 jobs yet somehow will improve services
If I have 20 000 workers doing fuck all in offices under bullshit positions like "Executive Director in charge of morale" created by the PSA for their mates, and you can stop these people existing and use the money to hire cops, nurses and teachers, you're going to get better services.
* Claims more investment while less taxes (typical bullshyte promise)
It was all costed by KPMG.
* Was affiliated with 3 businesses which all failed (cant run a business, hows he gonna run a state)
And last time I checked Morris Iemma's run 1 economy which is nearing recession. Can't run a state, how's he gonna run a... wait
* Is indecisive (One minute he opposes desal, then will build, then wont, then will, then maybe)
Iemma changed his mind about 15 times as well.
* Liberals in the past have had suicidal maniacs as their leaders (ie Brogdan)
And Labor have had convicted felons for premiers (see: Brian Burke).
* All of Liberals shadow minsters are crap, make guys like Trapodi (spellin) look half decent
Which of them are crap?
* Cant decide who their own leader is yet expect the public to vote such an unstable party into government
Last time I checked the leader ballot was uncontested.
* Will give IR powers or whatever to federal govt (never a great idea to have fed and state the same parties when you have issues like this arising)
Vic Labor did the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)