• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nsw state election : Who will you be voting? (1 Viewer)

your voting?

• Total voters

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
LDP/Greens/Shooters/Coaliton/Hitler/Labor

in that order

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
i'm sure they're great guys under all the corruption, waste, general failure to address pressing issues, oh and pedophilia, lol
too busy to fix hospitals

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
too busy to fix hospitals
It'S nOt ThEiR fAuLt ThOuGh GaI's, It'S tHe GlObAl FiNaNcIaL cRiSiS!!1!!!

Lentern, in all seriousness though, i'm interested in hearing from your point of view, where you think the NSW Labor Govt have failed since Carr gained office? Potential election promises and/or pressing issues the state has faced.

Dot points will suffice.

Lentern

HSC
Not really hey.

Especially not if I don't intend on staying in NSW.
No that would be to the betterment of NSW.
It'S nOt ThEiR fAuLt ThOuGh GaI's, It'S tHe GlObAl FiNaNcIaL cRiSiS!!1!!!

Lentern, in all seriousness though, i'm interested in hearing from your point of view, where you think the NSW Labor Govt have failed since Carr gained office? Potential election promises and/or pressing issues the state has faced.

Dot points will suffice.
My friend in all seriousness, I have time and time again stated that NSW labor has flogged assetts leaving it without long term sources of revenue, underfunded essential services and undertaxed throughout the course of the government. I simply have issues with those who think the fiscally conservative party is going to save an underfunded state and that a government who had done much the same thing throughout it's years was lauded for the first eight and become increasingly criticised ever since.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
No that would be to the betterment of NSW.
Of course it would be. :)

...NSW labor has flogged assetts leaving it without long term sources of revenue, underfunded essential services and undertaxed throughout the course of the government. I simply have issues with those who think the fiscally conservative party is going to save an underfunded state and that a government who had done much the same thing throughout it's years was lauded for the first eight and become increasingly criticised ever since.
All your arguments are doing are simply shifting focus by saying 'well, by their policies, these guys can't do any better'. There's nothing constructive in that, and it mirrors the responses from the current govt in their cliched excuses for where they have taken the state.

What has to happen to 'save' this underfunded state, eh? Once again, dot points would be nice.

Lentern

HSC
Of course it would be. :)

All your arguments are doing are simply shifting focus by saying 'well, by their policies, these guys can't do any better'. There's nothing constructive in that, and it mirrors the responses from the current govt in their cliched excuses for where they have taken the state.

What has to happen to 'save' this underfunded state, eh? Once again, dot points would be nice.
Look up at the top of the page, click on the link that lists those who hath voted for labor and my name be not among them. At some point before I said that the labor party would kill NSW more slowly than libs.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
EDIT: Unless things do improve dramatically and rapidly in the next two years (highly unlikely with all this bitter factional fighting), then my vote's going to the Liberals.

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Unless things don't improve dramatically and rapidly (highly likely with all this bitter factional fighting), then its the Liberals.
i think we can be assured of that

spiny norman

HSC

Lentern sometimes shits me, but he's right on this. Everything Labor has been criticised for (excessive road privatisation, less funding for hospitals and schools, little public transport infrastructure, attempting to privatise electricity) are all things I believe the Liberals will do to a greater extent. In the 1993 federal election people were pissed that Labor under Hawke and continuing under Keating had become too economic rationalist, but in Hewson and Fightback they had the absolute epitome of economic rationalism.

So too is it here. While I think what Labor's doing in many areas is shit, I believe the Coalition will do the same times ten.

tinfoilhat

HSC
for me no matter how badly labour screws things up liberals will do worse
so my votes labour purely because i hate liberals more
or i might just vote greens..

tinfoilhat

HSC
If life is that bad for you just kill yourself.
oh but i'm as happy as the dude in your avatar!

i will always vote for whoever's more left..... even if they'd fucked up big time
it would be against my religion to vote for the conservatives

@blue chameleon: scary thing is there's people that actually vote like that

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Left == theft.

Right is the only way.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
Fuck that ideological shit I'm gonna sit in the centre and nick whatever policy either side proposes that is appropriate to the current situation.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
And now the are suffering the consequences for their fucking up. If you have the slightest idea about money and how to handle it and are a committed and hard-working individual, then you will probably walk out of this recession fine.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Howard gave people economic freedom and they fucked up.
I'm sorry, what?

Australia has basically the strongest and most stable economy in the world. That includes our fundamentals like average joe blow's quality of life and financial situation, as well as the regulatory framework of our financial institutions. Howard largely just maintained the status quo of the Hawke-Keating years in terms of economic policy, with some extra tweaking like the GST (which Hawke initially proposed anyway). I'm not about to give him much credit for coasting on Hawke's reforms and the mining boom, but he sure as heck didn't dig us into a hole or anything (WorkChoices was dead within a year).

If anything, this crisis has been a boon for average joe because it significantly eases food costs, petrol costs, and mortgages costs.

I have absolutely no idea how you can possibly conflate America's financial crash with any sort of 'fuck up' here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)