NSW State Politics (1 Viewer)

NSW State Election: 1st preference

• Total voters

xMaNx

HSC
Liberal this time imo, except I Dislike his name.

murphyad

HSC
NSW Labor is such a disgrace that I would vote for the Nazi Party if it meant booting out Keneally.

Too much pork, ministerial incompetence, and a complete inability to manage public expenditure (esp. transport) is sending this state down the drain.

And if you folk think Sydney is in trouble, multiply the situation by a thousand and you have Newcastle and Wollongong.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
myzone= win

So go Labor!

Wouldn't matter anyway, the seat I live in is epically Labor.

Existential

HSC
N/A
i think that the NSW labor party has had one too many scandals, therefore we may see a change. that being said, we all know how much the media exaggerates things.

this is similar to the state of the federal liberal party - they have not yet finished licking their wounds after howard died to be competant enough to get into gov't yet.

Lentern

HSC
Were it Nathan Rees or even Morris Iemma still leading the party I'd happily preference the ALP ahead of the coalition (nobody really cares about third party results do they? They just want to debate liberal/labor some more). But I find Keneally a contemptible woman, a politician in every pejorative sense of the word. By contrast I find O'farrell second to Turnbull as the most tolerable senior liberal party politician in the country. How extraordinary in my first state election I should end up preferencing a conservative party over a historically left wing one. If the ALP should do the unthinkable and change leaders again before the next election I might reward the new leader so long as it isn't Frank Sartor.

murphyad

HSC
Were it Nathan Rees or even Morris Iemma still leading the party I'd happily preference the ALP ahead of the coalition (nobody really cares about third party results do they? They just want to debate liberal/labor some more). But I find Keneally a contemptible woman, a politician in every pejorative sense of the word. By contrast I find O'farrell second to Turnbull as the most tolerable senior liberal party politician in the country. How extraordinary in my first state election I should end up preferencing a conservative party over a historically left wing one. If the ALP should do the unthinkable and change leaders again before the next election I might reward the new leader so long as it isn't Frank Sartor.
Rees and even Iemma to a degree were pawns of the NSW Right powerbrokers like Obeid. So is Keneally. The factionalism of that government has gotten out of control and to the point where no-one seems to give a shit about what's actually happening to the public anymore.

I personally think you're crazy to suggest that you would be amicable to the idea of yet another ALP leadership change. There's hardly any reason to suggest that the result would be any better than the last 3 changes, and besides, a government that disorganised and riven hardly deserves to be in power.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Yes I concur with everyone that Kristina Keneally is smoking what a milf

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
so ashiezero you would or would not waif/huzband over voting preferences???

Garygaz

HSC
labor because i know they can at least run the state (even if barely at all). i haven't heard ONE good suggestion out of the NSW libs. all they do is sit there and whine. possibly the worst opposition party in the country.

badquinton304

HSC
myzone= win

So go Labor!

Wouldn't matter anyway, the seat I live in is epically Labor.
So I wasn't the only one who was like $1.50 less ticket, that has new colour and different automated voice in the traain carrige, WIN.

Yes I concur with everyone that Kristina Keneally is smoking what a milf
This is true. Total MILF.

On voting intentions I really don't care that much I mean I would vote liberal for the sake of getting a bit of a change and sending a message to the labor party to get thier shit together, sometimes a refresh is good. But then the Barry Obarrel factor kicks in and then I think of seeing the ever opportunistic Obarrel and the shadow transport minister on TV more often then I already do (hence more "Oh fuck not this bitch again"'s per week).
Then there is Keneally who is a total milf.
So I don't know I will probably vote greens or something.

Existential

HSC
N/A
labor because i know they can at least run the state (even if barely at all). i haven't heard ONE good suggestion out of the NSW libs. all they do is sit there and whine. possibly the worst opposition party in the country.
the NSW libs are no different to the federal libs.

Lentern

HSC
Rees and even Iemma to a degree were pawns of the NSW Right powerbrokers like Obeid. So is Keneally. The factionalism of that government has gotten out of control and to the point where no-one seems to give a shit about what's actually happening to the public anymore.

I personally think you're crazy to suggest that you would be amicable to the idea of yet another ALP leadership change. There's hardly any reason to suggest that the result would be any better than the last 3 changes, and besides, a government that disorganised and riven hardly deserves to be in power.
I have no major qualms with NSW labor generally. Particularly I think Joe Tripodi is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Whilst I am now pretty contemptuous of the majority of mp's who voted for Kenneally in the first place, its still her who I really detest. Rees, Tebbutt, Firth, Tripodi, Campbell, Roozendale, Dellabosca etc I tend to think were essentially well meaning individuals trying to make the unworkable work. I've written before I think a lot of NSW's problems come from so much federal tax leaving NSW and so little federal expenditure going back into the state.

Kenneally however is just a nasty piece of a work, a factions player, an opportunist, a dishonest little fraud whose defeat I eagerly await.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Greens preferencing Liberal.

Existential

HSC
N/A
I have no major qualms with NSW labor generally. Particularly I think Joe Tripodi is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Whilst I am now pretty contemptuous of the majority of mp's who voted for Kenneally in the first place, its still her who I really detest. Rees, Tebbutt, Firth, Tripodi, Campbell, Roozendale, Dellabosca etc I tend to think were essentially well meaning individuals trying to make the unworkable work. I've written before I think a lot of NSW's problems come from so much federal tax leaving NSW and so little federal expenditure going back into the state.

Kenneally however is just a nasty piece of a work, a factions player, an opportunist, a dishonest little fraud whose defeat I eagerly await.
i can see her getting defeated but the alternative doesn't seem to be too promising.

FlipX

HSC
I find O'farrell second to Turnbull as the most tolerable senior liberal party politician in the country.
Care to expand? As much I dislike the factional warring and incompetence of the NSW Labor party, I've sadly also yet to hear anything encouraging from the Libs...

Personally, I find our options equally bleak. But as I said, maybe you can provide a rationale for why you're a fan of O'Farrell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)