number of hours study per day (1 Viewer)

How many hours of study on a normal week day?

• 0 - 1 hour

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 1 - 2 hours

Votes: 50 20.9%
  • 2 - 3 hours

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • 3 - 4 hours

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • 4 - 5 hours

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • 5+ hours

Votes: 36 15.1%

• Total voters

SkAnDi

HSC
I think i might get all my notes and summaries organised.

So that i can actually start "Studying" a week before each exam.

Organisation is KEY!

I figure, maths is the only subject where iw ont' really be studying but just doing papers.

Viva la BOS.org for trial papers :D

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I heard about a girl writing practice essays every week... she would be reaaaally good if she's doing that.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by Killah33
How the HELL do u do more than say 1 hour EACH day (averages here)

Thats ridiculous!!!!!!!!

and im still doing really well....u guys just make everyone feel bad :mad: :eek: ;) :(
well every1s diff...
mayb u dont need to study much and still do well..but fo others they need to do the study to do well.. if u get wat i'm sayin..

and they're not tryin to make us feel bad..jus cos they to 5+ hrs..or whatever... they're jus motivated and they want to do well and get good marks obviously! :D

which on the other hand i'm never motivated ...cos i'm so damn lazy :p :p i wanna study.. but i never feel like it.. haha.. and if i'm writing study notes or whatever i never read what i write... hahahaha.. :D

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by InfiniteQ
I heard about a girl writing practice essays every week... she would be reaaaally good if she's doing that.

i am meaning to do that.. hehe.. :p
hmm.. i wonder if that'll happen tho haha..
i was meant to write and essay on monday fo a teacher and i still haven't done it! :rolleyes:

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Hmm how is 1 hr a day enough study... or unless you study a different subject per day for that hr then I guess its a diff story...

Case Study

HSC
I try to study at least 4-5 hours on week nites and 5+ hours on weekends. But after counting in all the time I waste I'd say only 2-3 hours a day of study is actually done. :rolleyes:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by SkAnDi
Viva la BOS.org for trial papers :D
get your trial papers up here too, I want !

anyway, ppl are different, an hour of study for someone may be equivalent to 3 hrs for another person - it just depends how much time u require to spend in order to understand/memorise something effectively

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

get your trial papers up here too, I want !

anyway, ppl are different, an hour of study for someone may be equivalent to 3 hrs for another person - it just depends how much time u require to spend in order to understand/memorise something effectively
My sister STOLE my scanner.

Well she stole back the scanner, i stole from her hehe.

I could take photos of my papers, and up them i guess. I'd rather have a scanner but!

ice_cream

"My sister STOLE my scanner.

Well she stole back the scanner, i stole from her hehe.

I could take photos of my papers, and up them i guess. I'd rather have a scanner but!" by SkAnDi

sorri..i can't do that quote thing.......
how do you take fotos of the papers?
isn't it a bit too small?

SPX

To those people who say they study over 4 hours a day. How do you fit it in? I come home at 4:30pm rest up till 6:30pm then study up till 10:30pm with exercise, rest and tv between. How do you fit it in, i need to know!

kaseita

In yr11 (also beginning yr12) I came home at 6:30 on mons, weds and fris, started work til 7:30, had dinner, started up again at 8, and worked til 12. Weekends I caught up everything.
on the tues and thurs, I'd get home 5pm, start work til 7:30, then dinner, then worked from 8 til 11-12.
When yr12 started, I was doing the same thing, but eventually I just burnt out. (well, I'd burnt out before, but what was happening was that I didn't want to work on the assessments, so I worked on homework questions instead...big mistake:rolleyes: )
but after the summer hols, I ended up going from around 4hrs at the beginning of the year, ended up doing about 2-3hrs
and during exam periods, no work at all.
this period (hsc) is the only time I've actually worked before an exam. before, I always relied on my long-term memory, and a small bit of revision, to get me through them, but now, because I was working too hard at other subjects, I've began forgetting stuff in the rest of my courses...
which is why I'll be cramming in all my ecos stats in the next week or so!

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i think it's really important to figure out what works for you.
if you're a crammer that's fine but if you're not, don't kid yourself or you'll be in a lot of trouble around the time of hsc and trials.
if you have to work consistently then do it and even if you are a crammer, that doesn't mean you can slack off during the rest of the year
personally i did about 1-2hours a night during term, 2-3 hours a day in the holidays, 4 hours a day holidays before trials ( i would have done more but i fell really sick) and 7-8 hours a day in stuvac

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
i do my h/w but when it comes to study and revision and tests and stuff i am :(

afta skewl... its eat, watch tv, showa, eat dina, watch tv again, do like 1/2 hour maths h/w, watch tv, play guitar and go to sleep... :rolleyes:

help~ i just cant get the motivation to study ~

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
1-2 hrs per day on average usually

6-8 hrs per day from one week to assessments to end of assessments

4 hrs per day right before trial

2 hrs per day post trial because it all that study made me sick

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
If you can do 2-3 hours every night thats all the study you need to do. People who do 8 hours a day during stuvac are crazy!:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)