number of hours study per day (1 Viewer)

How many hours of study on a normal week day?

• 0 - 1 hour

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 1 - 2 hours

Votes: 50 20.9%
  • 2 - 3 hours

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • 3 - 4 hours

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • 4 - 5 hours

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • 5+ hours

Votes: 36 15.1%

• Total voters

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Re: Time management

Originally posted by magic_14
I would advise between 3-5 Hours study a night. This is for normal school nights, for all year 12 HSC Students. The amount of study and revison really pays off in the end, and takes a lot of pressure off craming before exams and assessments. Time management is a key factor in the HSC, and if all subjects are spent on evenly and consistently, then your UAI will be very good. Good luck all!!!
Depends what people define as a "good" UAI. I only did about 2-3 hours a night study even during stuvac and still ended up with 98.5. So more study doesn't mean you will do better.

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
wah...~ kewl..~
*jots in notepad "do not study that much anymore*
got it thankz!!!:D

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by baby_mulanz
wah...~ kewl..~
*jots in notepad "do not study that much anymore*
got it thankz!!!:D
lol, u still have to study but I don't think excessive amounts are required. Of course it depends on the type of person you are, as to how much u need to study.

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
oh crap...~ does that mean dumb ppl... *guess who..*..
:p u had my hopes up too...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by baby_mulanz
oh crap...~ does that mean dumb ppl... *guess who..*..
:p u had my hopes up too...
nah I mean everyone. sorry for keeping your hopes up to high :D. But hey, my point is that u don't need to stress about the HSC.

B

Bambul

Re: Re: Time management

Originally posted by Ultimate

Depends what people define as a "good" UAI. I only did about 2-3 hours a night study even during stuvac and still ended up with 98.5. So more study doesn't mean you will do better.
Same, except for me it was more like 1-2 hours and 97.45, but the numbers are pretty similar. More study (as in quantity) will get your a higher mark, but better study (paying attention in class, being consistent, understanding first rather than cramming, doing subjects that you're good at and like, etc) is much more effective, IMO.

Rahul

Dead Member
pay attention in class and do the homework the same day...dont push it away for even one day coz then all the work builds up and u end up forgetting stuff....esp for maths

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
pay attention in class and do the homework the same day...dont push it away for even one day coz then all the work builds up and u end up forgetting stuff....esp for maths
so true

Rahul

Dead Member
u end up having so many sleepless nights finishing work dat is due d next day......or jus catching up.,.....this way u never actually learn.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
then again, i dont think i will ever change my ways with my last minute attepmts with deadlines

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
am i the only one who does stuff better when u do it near to the deadline :p

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
no way, my stuf is always better when i do it last minute...

when i have no idea how to do it the week b4, it always makes sense the night b4

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
*thinks - last minute assessment (assignments) ... shudders* ... ive been through six years of that ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
*thinks - last minute assessment (assignments) ... shudders* ... ive been through six years of that ...
]

same as me, althought I always tried to start assignments early but would never fully finish them thus leaving them to the last minute and mid-nighters with no sleep.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
]

same as me, althought I always tried to start assignments early but would never fully finish them thus leaving them to the last minute and mid-nighters with no sleep.
have you done an assignment and exam worth 15% (which you had four months to do) in twenty four hours ... and this is for a subject that had to count for my uai ... its suicidal ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC

have you done an assignment and exam worth 15% (which you had four months to do) in twenty four hours ... and this is for a subject that had to count for my uai ... its suicidal ...
PIP for society?

jessika

law chicky
HSC

huh?

was wondering if it was the Personal Interest Project for society and culture, obviously not then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)