number of hours study per day (1 Viewer)

How many hours of study on a normal week day?

• 0 - 1 hour

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 1 - 2 hours

Votes: 50 20.9%
  • 2 - 3 hours

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • 3 - 4 hours

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • 4 - 5 hours

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • 5+ hours

Votes: 36 15.1%

• Total voters

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by bookboy18
sorry about that. I just did really bad in the exams
Oh I know the feeling, I think my eco didn't go very well. I am dreading next week because it is all the extensions. I'm just happy that they are over one by one you know?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by MinAi (July 27 2002)
yeah
rite now i do about 5hrs a day on weekdays, and about 8 hrs a day on weekends, simply coz trials are nearing
shit, I studied a lot..

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i try to study 3 hours a day on weekdays but can't even get close to that, i can only do about one or two hours at most a day, so i am very curious how anyone can study "5 hours+" on weekdays with school and homework (i never do it anyway:D).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
i try to study 3 hours a day on weekdays but can't even get close to that, i can only do about one or two hours at most a day, so i am very curious how anyone can study "5 hours+" on weekdays with school and homework (i never do it anyway:D).
homework - pfft..in yr12, study = homework anyway

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by saladsurgery

christ man, did you ever go outside? :rolleyes:

j/k :D
lol yeah :rolleyes:
I think half that time was spent wandering looking for good coffee

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by bookboy18
Best coffee is from a little street vender outside Penrith Plaza, below the food court.

Beautiful coffee :D
Beautiful coffee is home made :p

Will Hunting

HSC
Study - who needs it?

I've found the best pathology for maximising results to be diversification of lifestyle. Studying incessantly won't do anything for you unless you feel good in yourself, and the ticket to feeling good in yourself is to harmonise all aspects of your life - not merely study.

If you're after the big scores, you want to strive for the best that YOU can produce, not a figure beyond your grasp. Harsh as it may seem, study, as prolifically as it may be conducted, can only ever yield so much. The rest will depend on pure intelligence - something many may not have, and certainly not something the pursuit of which should lead to the forfeiture of everything else in life. Go hard, but be realistic about it.

My exams are next year, and if I were to advocate study measures at all, I'd stress the importance of gaining understanding of an idea before launching into a mad deconstruction of it. If you can get your head around something, it'll be 10 times as valuable as spending 8hrs each night for 3 weeks trying to come to grips with its vagaries. Everyone has their own style, though, so don't feel compelled to, by any means, follow my example. I don't find I need to study much at all - I've been blessed with having everything come easily to me, but the trade off is that I'm lazy and tend to wig out before deadlines. Find out what works best for you.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
that probaly seperates the selective, average and uumm....below average students

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
well for an upcoming history test, i would spend around 4 hours on it.
A maths test (im in 2u dropped down from 3u) around 2 hours is enough. Like for the last test, i got above 90% (if i were to stay in 3 unit i'd get below 40%) and i barely studied.

Also homeworks are important for maths. no other subjects except physics coz it's effective to get you to memorise formulas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)