number of hours study per day (1 Viewer)

How many hours of study on a normal week day?

• 0 - 1 hour

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 1 - 2 hours

Votes: 50 20.9%
  • 2 - 3 hours

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • 3 - 4 hours

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • 4 - 5 hours

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • 5+ hours

Votes: 36 15.1%

• Total voters

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Da Monstar

u should be happy for me rahul .... I'M FROM INDIA TOO !!!
however, i had lived in the middle east for 12 yrs prior to coming here ....... studying in the indian education system tho
LOL....:p

i remember doing things like vertically opp angles and that sort of geometry in yr 5 in India, and i did the same here in Yr 8 or 9

Originally posted by Rahul

LOL....:p

i remember doing things like vertically opp angles and that sort of geometry in yr 5 in India, and i did the same here in Yr 8 or 9
hey.Rahul i read some of your other stuff in this thread.You did extremely well for an international student.Did you know anything about the hsc before you came to australia?

SoFTuaRiaL

jafar, i think u've misinterpreted the posts ... rahul did not just arrive in aus, he's been here for quite some time i guess. it was me who came here recently, last yr. and to answer u question, well, we too have a hsc system, but its a lot different from here.
but i had a clear idea of what subjects i wanted to do in the hsc b4 i came here - i chose the same subjects i had done for my yr 11 back in the mid-east :D chem, phys, 4 u maths, sdd n std english
the one main diff was that back there, we have no different 'levels' of study for maths n english. so i was a bit worried of whether i made the right decision in doing 4u maths n std english. lucky everything worked out to be fine :D

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar

hey.Rahul i read some of your other stuff in this thread.You did extremely well for an international student.Did you know anything about the hsc before you came to australia?
yep da monsta is right. u prob got the posts mixed up.

Rahul

Dead Member

but i had a clear idea of what subjects i wanted to do in the hsc b4 i came here - i chose the same subjects i had done for my yr 11 back in the mid-east :D chem, phys, 4 u maths, sdd n std english
really, thats good.

when i came here in yr 6, we had no idea of the selective school system. i did the test and would have made a couple of school, but my parents had selected the likes of james ruse, syd boys, etc....which i had no chance of getting into:mad1:

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Rahul

when i came here in yr 6, we had no idea of the selective school system. i did the test and would have made a couple of school, but my parents had selected the likes of james ruse, syd boys, etc....which i had no chance of getting into:mad1:
but then u could have had another go at other selective schools in yr 8, couldnt u?
which skool r u in now?

Rahul

Dead Member

but then u could have had another go at other selective schools in yr 8, couldnt u?
which skool r u in now?
it is very hard to get it after yr 7 coz then u have to wait for ppl to leave the school and make a space for u. even tho u might b smarter than some in the grade, they can't drop some of their students for u.

i go to patrician bros, b'town.

and after about yr9/10 i decided i might aswell stay there coz i have developed good relations wid the teachers and the teachers that we had were not too bad either

jafar, i think u've misinterpreted the posts ... rahul did not just arrive in aus, he's been here for quite some time i guess. it was me who came here recently, last yr. and to answer u question, well, we too have a hsc system, but its a lot different from here.
the one main diff was that back there, we have no different 'levels' of study for maths n english. so i was a bit worried of whether i made the right decision in doing 4u maths n std english. lucky everything worked out to be fine :D
Did you have a rank like the uai in nsw and how was it scaled?
Sory Rahul- i saw 'india' about 5 times and ' over there' and assumed you came here just before the hsc.

what dyu mean "like the nsw" ?? i did my hsc in nsw and got a uai !!! 92
yeh, i said nsw, caus that's the only place where you can get a uai.The other states have ters, enter and tes.You got a uai, caus you did the hsc in nsw.In other states same the hsc has a different name

SoFTuaRiaL

yeh, i said nsw, caus that's the only place where you can get a uai.The other states have ters, enter and tes.You got a uai, caus you did the hsc in nsw.In other states same the hsc has a different name
sorry .... i misinterpreted ur last statement :rolleyes:

sorry .... i misinterpreted ur last statement :rolleyes:
that's cool.when you did the hsc, which subject did you find the hardest to study for? For me it was sor2

Last edited:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC

that's cool.when you did the hsc, which subject did you find the hardest to study for? For me it was sor2
whats sor 2?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Is sor where they just drum God into you or do you get to learn about other religions as well?

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
No, in Sor 2 you learn all the indepth stuff behind religion.

For example, we learnt a whole lot about movements and schisms and a lot of negative stuff about the church.

Its a very academic subject. Scales ok too.

SoFTuaRiaL

i found SDD hardest to study ..... COS MY TEACHER WAS NEVER IN CLASS !! we prolly had abt 1 hr of class the whole yr ! what a bludger !

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i found bio hardest to study for. i didnt do anything for all of year 12 and i had nothing to study. that could be why. i did a study guide for 2 weeks b4 the hsc and ended up with 66 after getting below 40 each year so that was ok... i hated bio sand never showed so hey.

i found SDD hardest to study ..... COS MY TEACHER WAS NEVER IN CLASS !! we prolly had abt 1 hr of class the whole yr ! what a bludger !
i suppose, but the hsc is about individual learning- study what you're not taught, no matter what ,so you're not disadvantaged

SoFTuaRiaL

i suppose, but the hsc is about individual learning- study what you're not taught, no matter what ,so you're not disadvantaged
true. but then, study is one thing and asking doubts is another ... u dont expect me to know EVERYTHING right? in that case, whats the point of going to school ?there was no one for me to even ask those doubts to .....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)