Number of times failed on your P's test? (1 Viewer)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Got mine first time in a manual

The most fails i've ever heard of was a friend of mine who told us he failed 4 times, then one night we were talking to his mum whilst he wasn't there and she let it slip that he actually failed 9 times!!!!!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
you get over it. I imagine it'd suck failing the second/third/etc times.

failed the first time, 2 solid lines near a stop sign. Stopped at the first thinking they couldn't fail me for going over it, but i got done for stopping too far from the second one - go figure. You really won't need more than 10hrs experience on the road if you have a decent bit of common sense.
I think the rule here is that you stop at the first line, look, then slowly roll to the second and stop and look, then proceed if safe.

I got mine first go. Missed one point because I sat at a very busy intersection for a little too long, but my perception of distance wasn't that great and a 22-wheeler was coming down the hill... I wasn't going to take it on. When the truck passed, the testing officer actually said "I agree".

I also had some very random things happen on my test. I was coming towards a roundabout when a disabled man on a giant red three-wheeled trike came around it from the right and took my exit. When the dude entered, I heard the tester mutter "what the hell?"... I followed him round and overtook him like a normal car.

I also had to avoid a near accident on the highway between a semi and an idiot that didn't check his blind spot before merging.

I must have handled it all well because afterwards he said that he couldn't really find anything to fail me on.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Got mine first time in a manual

The most fails i've ever heard of was a friend of mine who told us he failed 4 times, then one night we were talking to his mum whilst he wasn't there and she let it slip that he actually failed 9 times!!!!!
Ouch.

Eddykungfu

HSC
Passed 2nd time.

If you have the vibe that you are failing, quickly increase speeds to 180 + km/h and threaten the instructor with suicide bombing [Chinese dragon style] if he doesn't pass you.

Last edited:

diesel lee

HSC
It's costing me about $300 to do my test tomorrow. If I fail...then I will have to go "Grand Theft Auto IV"...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Failed on my first attempt - I was so nervous that I tried to take off with the handbrake still on and the tester guy had to tell me to release it. So I pretty much failed before I even got out of the RTA lol.

Second time passed no problems.

I consider myself a good, competent driver, and a shithouse parker. I drive a big car and have average spatial perception skillz so it usually takes at least 1.5 attempts to get into a marked space. Getting better at it though.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol i still gotta develop my spacial skills, but i can park reverse parallel without my dad telling me how, yay for parking progress ^__^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)