Votes: 11 12.8%

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 15 or more XD

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters

Riviet

HSC
N/A
How many units are you doing? (vote now in poll!)
Why did you choose this many?

P

pLuvia

13 units

10 of my units are 2 unit subjects
The other 3 are my extensions :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
shouldnt there be a less than 10 option for those pathwaysing and or accelrated
Yeah, i realised that a few hours after posting up the poll, i guess they can tell us in this thread. Ah well...
P.S I'd like to see if anyone's doing 15 or more units. How hectic it would be lol.

HSC
N/A
Well, I was going to do 11 for my HSC, but I'm starting Pathways (I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and so will only be doing 5 Units this year.

HSC '06
2U Visual Arts
2U Studies of Religion II
1U NAS Art Extension.

HSC '07
2U Advanced English
2U Design and Technology
2U Society and Culture
1U Photography

= 12 Units all up. 10 of which are UAI units.

Last edited:

Jimmy Pax

HSC
Still doing 12 like in year 11. More than certain that will drop to 10, sometime in the near future :D

lilyflower16

HSC
13 at the moment, plus compulsory RE is 14...but three of those 14 are extension so my careers advisor doesn't want me to drop yet. Will probably drop Art in the near future, don't particularly want an Art major on top of the Eng Ext 2 work.

Been meaning to bring this up...what would the ideal number be? As in, would you rather do 13 and have a safety net (ie for me, Advanced Eng wouldn't count that's my worst), or do 10/11 and have the extra time?

HSC
N/A
Sorry to burst your bubble.... but English will count.

The UAI is calculated by taking 2units of English, then your best 8 units.

lilyflower16

HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Sorry to burst your bubble.... but English will count.

The UAI is calculated by taking 2units of English, then your best 8 units.
Yeah, but they'll take the best 2 units of English, right? So if I stuff up Advanced (which for some reason is my shittiest course) then Ext 1+2 will count. Here's hoping anyway.

P

pLuvia

Hey, good luck etc. etc. etc. sorry to hear you have to do pathways, but if it's your pathway :p, then go for it.

Good luck~ :)

HSC
N/A
lilyflower16 said:
Yeah, but they'll take the best 2 units of English, right? So if I stuff up Advanced (which for some reason is my shittiest course) then Ext 1+2 will count. Here's hoping anyway.
Hmm, I've never thought of that. I always just assumed that they took the fundamental English course you studied (ie. Standard or Advanced). Best to pop over to the UAI Technical Arcana forum to check up :)

kadlil said:
Hey, good luck etc. etc. etc. sorry to hear you have to do pathways, but if it's your pathway :p, then go for it.

Good luck~ :)
Thanks very very much Kadlil. It's going to be weird, not being able to leave with the year group I've been with all along.... but I guess it's the only way I'm going to be able to do well in my current situation.

I also find it rather funny that I'm starting 'Pathways' yet am dropping English until '07 and will never have to do the 'Journey'. Haha.

Good luck to you also! :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
etc. etc. etc. said:
I also find it rather funny that I'm starting 'Pathways' yet am dropping English until '07 and will never have to do the 'Journey'.
Lol. That is a weird situation to be in. Unfortunately you won't be able to get all the help that we are getting in journey, since you'll be the first ones doing the new area of study. But best of luck for the next couple of years =)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lilyflower16 said:
Yup - thats exactly what would happen. They take your best 2 units of English regardless if its ESL, Standard, Advanced, Extension 1, Extension 2. Presumably this would even extend to Comparative Literature but on that I'd have no idea. But to reiterate, your 3u & 4u english marks can fill the criteria of the best 2 units of english in your UAI.

HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Lol. That is a weird situation to be in. Unfortunately you won't be able to get all the help that we are getting in journey, since you'll be the first ones doing the new area of study. But best of luck for the next couple of years =)
Ergh I didn't think about that. But still, the entire '07 class would be in the same position - so it's no biggy.

P

pLuvia

But wouldn't you want to do something that you can get help with on BoS and your teachers? But maybe doing a new focus will make your marks better as it did when the focus Journey was introduced in 2004

klaw

HSC
13... can't choose between business and phys

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Since it's a totally new area of study, it's a good opportunity to work independently and rely only on yourself. :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Bump! Keep those votes coming in! Looks like the majority of us are doing 11/12 units. Good choice! Keep up the work! That is if you are working... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)