Votes: 11 12.8%

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 15 or more XD

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters

powered by 06

HSC
lilyflower16 said:
Yeah, but they'll take the best 2 units of English, right? So if I stuff up Advanced (which for some reason is my shittiest course) then Ext 1+2 will count. Here's hoping anyway.
i don't think you should be doing english extensions if you're stuffing up advanced. i mean.. come on.

P

pLuvia

Mate, ext 1 and ext 2, I have heard people say and my friends say that it is much easier than eng adv so lilyflower16 is in a good position if she does better in ext 1 and 2

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
kadlil said:
Mate, ext 1 and ext 2, I have heard people say and my friends say that it is much easier than eng adv so lilyflower16 is in a good position if she does better in ext 1 and 2
I'd just like to clear this up - it is not that the Extensions are easier courses, it is that they require a different style of thinking than Advanced and thus many people find it more enjoyable and that contributes to how well you do in the course. Of course it also helps that the Extensions are closer to "real english" than the 2u courses, but I digress.

Nat_nat

etc. etc. etc. said:
Hmm, I've never thought of that. I always just assumed that they took the fundamental English course you studied (ie. Standard or Advanced). Best to pop over to the UAI Technical Arcana forum to check up :)
:)
It is the fundamental 2units of english...i also do ext 1 and 2 but i go fairly even btwn adv and ext 1 exams..usu same results...i asked at skool and its the 2 fundamental units of english that is compulsary counted then the nxt best 8 units u have, if thats ext 1 eng and ext 2 then 4units of english will contribute to ur UAI but, adv is the compulsary one coz its the statewide one...or standard if u do standard:p

>::DeuZ::<

HSC
13 atm but ill dorp ext english or ext2 maths next ....one of them to keep me at 12

>::DeuZ::<

HSC
gnat gnat sori to dissappoint u but ur teachers are rong.....its ur best 2 units....as confirmed at skool and uac guide and other soucres

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
10 units.
yeah its a stupid idea...
4 Unit Eng
3 Unit Hist
2 V. Art
1 SOR1
all i wanna do is go to art school....Cofa or SCFA or RMIT...maybe

HSC
N/A
My dearest Llama, I doubt you will have any trouble getting into CoFA or SCA.

1) Because you are very talented
2) Because your Ext 1+2 Eng, your Ext History, and SOR all scale UP.
3) And because you're hot and they'll want you baby.

!!!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
how affectionate! that made me cry.

i'm doing 12 (or 13) units and im taking down 4 unit maths! I should really drop something. 4 unit maths is way harder than i first thought.

HSC
N/A
Pssst I've never actually met Luscious-Llama so am in no real authority to say whether she's hot or not.... it was just a joke between online buddies.

Yeah. Humour (especially bad humour, I suck) doesn't really come across well on the internet.

Such is life.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Is anyone doing both maths extension 2 and english extension 2?

There's only one guy out of 160 in our year is just so bold and crazy to do both.
I'm not sure whether he was good or not at both extension 1's in year 11 but i'm sure he'll be fine.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
btw etc etc etc, she wanted to get into an art school not a modelling school, so looks don't matter.

HSC
N/A
Haha yes I know. Doesn't matter, bad joke, horrid internet communication etc etc.

Pssttt I believe I saw someone with a 4U Eng, 4U Maths, 2U Latin, 2U Visual Arts combination :cool:

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
Is anyone doing both maths extension 2 and english extension 2?

There's only one guy out of 160 in our year is just so bold and crazy to do both.
I'm not sure whether he was good or not at both extension 1's in year 11 but i'm sure he'll be fine.
I'm doing Maths extension 1, english extension 2... Thats close enough. There are people capable, but nobody who wants to do both Extension 2 courses at my school.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
He wasn't really, I don't know why he's doing both Ext2. I asked him about it a few weeks ago and he kind of shrugged...

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
If hes doing both mx2 and ex2, his marks in both his respective 2u and x1 courses must be really good or else ?!?!?
What do you mean he 'shrugged'? It's his choice. All the workload.
He has maths ext 2 before school from 7.45 and ex2 after school till late 5. I think they're both on the same day. I'm not sure about this. We wish him luck anyway for being that bold.
I didn't think anyone in our year could do so.

P

pLuvia

I know a few who do EE2 and MX1, but no one who does MX2 and EE2

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I would have loved to do both. But I did not EX1, and I wouldnt have made the top10 cut off either. That being said, theres probably 2 or 3 guys at my school doing both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)