Nursing at Hawkesbury? (1 Viewer)

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Is anyone here doing nursing at Hawkesbury currently? Is there anyone starting it next year? Got any tips for me or others considering this course?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
from the three campuses which one is good for nursing lol
thats the course im planning to get into :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
mmm.. i guess you gotta prepare for heaps of things just not that

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
dark`secrets said:
from the three campuses which one is good for nursing lol
thats the course im planning to get into :)
I know that Hawkesbury is supposed to have a good nursing unit. It's in a nice area too.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
GirlGoneMad said:
It's in a nice area too.
The cows are scarey ... but during first semster theres little baby lambs and they are so cute :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
not these ones ... these ones look like they are gonna charge at you. :cool:

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
Hey, I'm hoping to get into UWS Parra to do nursing. BUT seeing that I got a UAI of 70.90 :( i'm not sure i can get in. The cut off from last year is like 68 and i'm assuming that it will rise by at least 4+. Anyways, i have hawkesbury as a second preference and I just want to know where it is exactly? and if bankstown or campbeltown might be a better choice?

Thanks heaps :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Hawkesbury is out in richmond.

If your going by public transport then - if you live on the western line then its one train and you would have to get off at east richmond.
If your driving - straight down old windsor road or richmond road.

As for bankstown I have heard its a pain to get there by public transport if you don't live on the bankstown line.

ruski_gal

Nursing at c'town is good cos its the health science campus of uws (most of the health based subjects are taught there)
Nursing in general is alot of hard work.....its alot harder than i thought it was gonna be, but i love it. and i think u have to love it to complete the course. And yes u have to see old ppl naked but they are just ppl with a story to tell like everyone else, they deserve the same respect as everyone else.

U learn alot of theory stuff which u think is pointless (ie psychology and sociology and nursing history). but the practical time in the hospitals makes it all worth while. even if it is only 4 weeks for the 1st yr.

I havent been to any of the other campuses so im a bit biased about that part, lol. but the course overall is definatley worth a thought if u willing to put in the work.

And i wouldnt have thought the cut offs would go up that much because of the demand for nurses. last yr c'town's cut off didnt change from the yr b4. And there are always other ways to get in.

so there u have it. thats my opinion. hope i helped. :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ruski_gal said:
And i wouldnt have thought the cut offs would go up that much because of the demand for nurses. last yr c'town's cut off didnt change from the yr b4. And there are always other ways to get in.
I think that the cut offs might rise - but by how much i dunno - there is an article in the university general section about usyd cutting there nursing course so everyone is going to uts and uws.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
they diverted their (usyd) places to UTS, Charles sturt and ACU i think.

happy cup

HSC
N/A
yeh UTS has an extra 100 places this year n so does ACU i think. I'm not too sure though. I was hoping to get in to parra because for me, it would be more convenient and the other campuses would take quite a longer trip to get to.

i know this might be a pointless question, but i really want to hear other people's opinion on how much they think the cut offs for nursing will rise? i am so worried i'm going to miss out on all the campuses.

also, im really concerned because in another thread i read stuff about birds and magpies being a problem at some uws campuses. this might sounds gay but i am really terrified of birds esp. magpies. :S

happy cup

HSC
N/A
really? :eek: okay thanks for the info hehe i guess the birds wont matter as long as i get in :)

thanks so much!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
happy cup said:
i know this might be a pointless question, but i really want to hear other people's opinion on how much they think the cut offs for nursing will rise? i am so worried i'm going to miss out on all the campuses.
The only campus which would probably significantly rise would be parramatta cause of the location - but its just a guess. Campbelltown might rise slightly but nothing at hawkesbury generally rises.

happy cup

HSC
N/A
oh ok i know it's just a guess but it makes me feel a little bit more relaxed :) thank u soo much for all the help guys! i really appreciate it!

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
happy cup said:
Hey, I'm hoping to get into UWS Parra to do nursing. BUT seeing that I got a UAI of 70.90 :( i'm not sure i can get in. The cut off from last year is like 68 and i'm assuming that it will rise by at least 4+. Anyways, i have hawkesbury as a second preference and I just want to know where it is exactly? and if bankstown or campbeltown might be a better choice?

Thanks heaps :)
For me Hawkesbury is great because I live in the Hawkesbury but I am not sure which campus is easier to travel to for you. The Uni is a walk down the road from the station - you wouldn't get lost. Apparently the nursing unit at Hawkesbury is good - thats what my TAFE teacher (who is a nurse and midwife) said to our class. Hawkesbury campus is in a relaxed, peaceful environment, which is one of the main reasons I like it. And the cows aren't scarey (As long as you don't take short cuts through the paddocks - lol).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can't get lost walking down the road theres a huge blue sign saying UWS :cool:

and yes the cows are scarey cause we were taking a shortcut through the paddocks cause we were gonna miss the train :p

GirlGoneMad - not fair you don't have to travel far to get to Hawkesbury.
I agree with what you say - its so relaxed there, some days your lucky if you actually see another person - i know this was the cause last semester on wednesdays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)