• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nursing at Hawkesbury? (1 Viewer)

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
i haven't been to the hawkesbury campus but after going to the parra one today i think i would rather go to the hawkesbury one. The room numbers at parra are confusing and from what i've heard the hawkesbury campus is really nice.

the scary cows hehe as long as they don't chase people.. :S they don't right?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
room numbers are always confusing when you first arrive at uni ... but you get used to them. at hawkesbury if you say in room K16 it means building K - which is shown with a huge sign on the side of the building and the room 16, which is shown on top of the door.

Just keep out of the paddock and they won't chase you ;)

happy cup

HSC
N/A
oh ok the huge signs should help :)

thanks for that advice i'll remember that hehe

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
No problems :)

btw, if you get into hawkesbury ... are you gonna catch the train?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
i was just wondering ... cause i train it as well ... and its a pain in the ass. :uhhuh:

happy cup

HSC
N/A
are the trains really bad there? would driving be better?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It really depends. Trains in the morning are alright ... generally you get at east richmond ... well the time table says 8:09 or something, but in reality its closer to 8:30. In the afternoon - not in peak hour - trains come every hour so you actually have to calculate when to catch a train. If you miss it, theres always a golf club next to the station to have a drink, or you can walk to richmond and get maccas.
The advantage if you catch a train is that you can do readings and other work while travelling whilst you can when you drive.

However, if you drive, obviously its quicker and petrol is really cheap out richmond way if its needed :)

happy cup

HSC
N/A
ok i'd probably end up doing a bit of both. taking train would be ok i guess sometimes.

u travel quite far to get there don't u? or is that somebody else?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
yeah ... i travel far ... damn ... but atleast i can do my work on the train :) oooh ... and i also catch up on sleep on the train :)

happy cup

HSC
N/A
yeh sleep sounds good hehe at least u make up for lost sleep from having to wake up early to get there.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
yeah ... i also chose a subject at parra compus next semester - which is closer to where i live - just so i can sleep longer :) but i also like the subject ... but after 6 or so weeks of treking that far ... your glad that a mid semester break comes around - even though you spend most of it catching up on work and doing assignments :p :rolleyes:

happy cup

HSC
N/A
it would be hard to travel that far on a regular basis :eek: but that's good that u're going to parra campus that would be so much easier and shorter. u can go to westfield parra! :)

what breaks are there during the year? aww on breaks u have to catch up and do assignments? :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Lol ... going to westfield ... i do that on the way home from hawkesbury :) i'll think i'll go home during my breaks at parra.

Anyway, the first break is mid semester usually 6-7 weeks into the semester.
Then 6 -7 weeks after that is exam period for 3 weeks ... if your lucky like i was last year you get those weeks off!
The its about 1- 2 month holiday.
Semester 2 starts same deal as semester one.
Then after exams is crissy holidays - mine lasted for 6 months this time :)

happy cup

HSC
N/A
oh ok yeh going to westfield probably would get boring eventually

thanks heaps for that! u've given me advice once again! :)

i'm really liking the people at uws.. but that's just from the impression i'm getting from people on the forum :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its no problem

People at uws are really nice ... they will always stop to give you directions or help you with anything that you need.

Goodluck and hope that you get into a course. :uhhuh:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i was wondering how much maths and science are needed for "assume knowledge"? is it really significant? :s

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Nursing places went to ACU and UTS, meaning UTS will sky rocket, seeing as how it's already deemed 'the best Uni for Nursing' (and rightly so!)

About Charles Sturt, it's diverting all block-mode students who study Nursing through their Orange Campus to CSU, but not anyone who is studying, or any intended students through Mallet Steet Campus. Reason for this is USYD is crap when handling a rural managment school and so any course offered through Orange Campus has been transfered to CSU as CSU has now taken over that Campus.

God that made no sense.

Orange campus transfered to CSU (School of Rural Managment, plus any course offered to rural students through Orange Campus)

Nursing through Mallet St transfered to UTS and ACU.

UWS isn't directly affected. Just about anyone who wanted to study Nursing at USYD did it for the name, not for the course (as the Nursing program at USYD was shit house and so said the Nurses Union/Industry) so they will try for UTS as it always 'second choice' for thoses apply for Sydney. Don't worry, UWS shouldn't rise much, if any.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Dark Secrets -- do a briding course mate. I am ;) (I'm planning on Nursing thru CSU though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)