O-Week Is a Rort (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
Like how they said that the COFA people were turning the Library Lawn into a massive canvas. But it really wasn't a massive canvas. I mean, no one got to participate or anything. The whole Art Attack thing was cool and all but I thought when it said "canvas" it meant that students could also participate in creating a huge artwork.
Lol the 'massive canvas' was like 3m x 3m lol.

dawdlex3

HSC
Btw how does one create a new club?
Arc Start A Club :

How Do I Start A Club?
Starting a new Club?

Think of an idea for a club.
Check the club doesn’t already exist .
Plan a meeting time and location. It is compulsory that clubs e-mail the details of the meeting to all members and to clubs@arc.unsw.edu.au at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting.
Get together some friends or people you think will be interested in your Club (3 Arc members for a small club and 15 Arc members for a regular club).
Have your first meeting (officially known as the Annual General Meeting AGM).
At the Meeting democratically elect your Executive Members, democratically adopt a constitution for your club that meets Arc’s minimum requirements (there exists a model constitution, see below), take an Attendance List of all of the people there and minutes of all the decisions made.
Complete the Affiliation Application Form, get together a full list of your members (unless you are a constituent Club in which case just get a letter from your Head of School, Faculty or College outlining the number of members you have and confirming that your club is the official Faculty/School/Program club).
After reading the Affiliation Information and hand in all the required affiliation forms and documents outlined on the AGM Checklist to the Student Development Office, Level 1 Roundhouse or e-mail to clubs@arc.unsw.edu.au.
Documents required for affiliation include:
AGM Attendance List;
Membership List;
Small Clubs Constitution;
or Regular Clubs Constitution;
or Constituent Clubs Constitution.
The Student Development Committee will then consider you affiliation application and inform you of the result.
After affiliation come into the Student Development Office to collect a letter confirming your status as an affiliated Arc club which entitles your club to a fee free Club bank account at a bank on campus.
Start doing stuff!

Re-affiliating an already existing Club?

Plan a meeting time and location. It is compulsory that clubs e-mail the details of the meeting to all members and to clubs@arc.unsw.edu.au at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting.
Have your meeting (officially known as the Annual General Meeting AGM ).
At the Meeting democratically elect your Executive Members, take an Attendance List of all of the people there and minutes of all the decisions made. You may vote to amend your club’s constitution if required.
Complete the Affiliation Application Form, get together a full list of your members (unless you are a constituent Club in which case just get a letter from your Head of School, Faculty or College outlining the number of members you have).
After reading the Affiliation Information and hand in all the required affiliation forms and documents outlined on the AGM Checklist to the Student Development Office, Level 1 Roundhouse or e-mail to clubs@arc.unsw.edu.au.
Documents required for affiliation include:
AGM Attendance List;
Membership List;
Small Clubs Constitution;
or Regular Clubs Constitution;
or Constituent Clubs Constitution.
The Student Development Committee Convenor and Student Development Manager can immediately approve your re-affiliation once all necessary documents have been handed in. If constitutional amendments have been made then your application for re-affiliation must go to the Student Development Committee for approval.
Get a Letter of Affiliation and change the signatories of your Club’s bank account over to the new Executive Members of your Club.
Continue doing great stuff!

Tim035

HSC
Upper campus was pretty chill besides the occasional groups being guided around campus and the 2km line at FM assist.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
What a fuking joke. Not much free shit, besides blow up balls and ice tea, fuk sake ice tea??? where was all the V at? Noobs at UNSW need some decent sheltering as well im black as a tomato and i'm not even anglo or asian.... Info day and Open days were better...

shame on you UNSW
Hahahaha. If you were expecting a freebie-for-all, you were sadly mistaken. It really depends on the sponsors that the Oweek team get each year. Still, the freebies you get won't be worth the time and effort taken to get to Oweek.

unsw oweek was pretty good tbh. it really depends on which activity u were part of....i gotta admit that oweek speed dating was fucking fail and the ratio of guys to girls was like million to 1.

I was part of like campus tour and stuff which were good.

I agree, however, that free stuffs were much worse than what they had in past but you don't necessarily go to oweek for free stuff haha
Speed dating is always fail. If you had high hopes here, then again you were sadly mistaken.

Hardly any free stuff. :(
Must've been a shit Oweek this year?

Btw how does one create a new club?
I must tell you, it is not worth the time and effort to bother.

2009spamtec

HSC
well ANU o-week was awesome. Jumping castles tones of free things. A pub crawl, a toga party, a foam party, a car show, live music (Philadelphia grand jury & aston shuffle). What more could I ask for.

dawdlex3

HSC
well ANU o-week was awesome. Jumping castles tones of free things. A pub crawl, a toga party, a foam party, a car show, live music (Philadelphia grand jury & aston shuffle). What more could I ask for.
The fact that you're in Canberra takes away all the fun.

henry08

HSC
N/A
To not live in a hole.

shady145

Banned
HSC
almost everyone i meet is doing an engineering degree...
UNSW oweek, well monday was awesome... parties :D

henry08

HSC
N/A
What parties did you attend?

Yeah everyone I meet is either doing engineering or commerce lol.

shady145

Banned
HSC
the one down at coogee... that bush one lol... then we went to random places in the new UNSW village... after 12 the security guards came and told us to go inside so there was a little party in my friends flat there

henry08

HSC
N/A
the one down at coogee... that bush one lol... then we went to random places in the new UNSW village... after 12 the security guards came and told us to go inside so there was a little party in my friends flat there
Hey same lol. The bush one got better later on when they had a proper DJ, security kicked everyone out of the place at 12:30 or so.

shady145

Banned
HSC
oh yeah, forgot to add... my friends flatmate got loads of free stuff... mainly food and drinks... bags of buns, trays of sausages, heaps of cans etc

henry08 do you live at the UNSW village? did you go to the BBQyesterday afternoon?

henry08

HSC
N/A
Yeah I live there. I did for a littel bit, was busy with other stuff.

My name is not Henry either lol in case you were wondering.

shady145

Banned
HSC
Hey same lol. The bush one got better later on when they had a proper DJ, security kicked everyone out of the place at 12:30 or so.
yeah... that first bush dance i got dragged into XD
oh right, were there still many people there?

also @2009spamtec UNSW has a jumping castle aswell :p because we're big kids now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)