O-Week (1 Viewer)

Logjammin'

HSC
/me walks outside

MOTHERFFFFFF------

I'm sorry.
I'm fairly certain they won't check for ID, don't worry about it. Uni's are the best place for underage drinking. Of course, I don't officially condone that behaviour.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I hope it's not a real money poker competition. Because if it is... I have no money.

Still, I can understand if that is over 18. No reason why us young 'uns can't make a poker competition with no real gambling (except that of the chips)

OMFG7891

HSC
I googled last year's UNSW O week and just as pretty much everyone assumed all the good events are 18+. However on the night of the biggest party they had laser skirmish on the pool lawn that was all ages. Same for this year according to their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/unswoweek2011

I think I'll probably be reading a book alone as well Shadow, or watching 30 Rock in my room. But at least we can go to all the day activities, hopefully it'll still be a fun week :)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds cool. Still can't find any info on Sydney's O-Week or previous O-Weeks though..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
There must be hot chicks at UNSW then /me shrugs

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I can't figure out any other reason why people would go to UNSW's O-Week if they aren't going to attend there.

OMFG7891

HSC
I can't figure out any other reason why people would go to UNSW's O-Week if they aren't going to attend there.
They may have good events lined up, better bands playing, friends there, nothing else to do, curiosity etc. Similarly if USYD has cool stuff going on I wouldn't be against visiting their O week either.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
No intention of participating in o week but will probably go on the last day to look around the unsw campus. The social aspect of o week will be pointless anyway. People are going to go to o week with their mates from high school and there will be cliques from day 1.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Also in regards to other uni's, according to my soon to be attending friend, ANU has a heap of stuff on, Foam Parties, Eurotrash Party (Philadelphia Grand Jury are playing, I would've really liked to go if not for my 17 year oldness'), Mr ANU (I honestly don't even know haha), and a lot more. Their O week is the week before UNSW's, UOW's, USYD's and it seems most other Universities though haha
Eurotrash was EurO-Week 2010 - this time the theme is 'Enter the Time Machine', whatever that means...

If you're not going to go to the O-week parties and all that, at least go for Market Day, faculty introduction sessions and that sort of thing so you get a bit of a feel for the place.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I think a BOS me@t up is in order.

I'm also very keen to get messed up with a bunch of people I don't know. Hoorah for alcohol.

I'll probably go to most things, they sound useful, and I'm bound to majorly fail within the first month without it.

jet

Banned
HSC
USyd's o-week is essentially a chance to join as many clubs/socs as you want. They are booths *everywhere*. If you have any special programs or course meetings they'll be on during o-week (e.g. the TSP meeting).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)