O Week (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
just wanting to know a little bit more about this..good or bad? what sorta stuff goes on?..how's the O ball?..and what are these 'games'? lol..share experiences please.. ;)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
FREE STUFF!!! the clubs and thingys give out free stuff.... mostly its a lot of paperwork you're expected to read but i chucked that.. last year i got this cool light thingy from NUSA (it doesn't work anymore :( cheap shit) and a bottle opener... always handy

DV8

HSC
I reckon it's really worth goin... if not for the free stuff then just to have a look round campus. You should get a program (if not already) which tells you what's on each day... I recommend going to your faculty's info day... I dunno what other faculty's are like but Science & IT have mentors (usually 2nd/3rd students doing the same degree as you) who show you round campus for the most part of the day, so you can find out what your getting yourself into first hand :p

jessum

HSC
this is probably a stupid question, but is it just for ppl living on campus, or for everyone starting at the uni?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
It's for everyone and anyone. A few friends of mine went this year that didn't even go to uni.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
jessum said:
this is probably a stupid question, but is it just for ppl living on campus, or for everyone starting at the uni?
Being on campus for o week is great :D the colleges organise day trips to the beach / ice skating etc as well as drinking nights and stupid theme nights.

jessum

HSC
ooo that sounds heaps fun!!
what if ur not 18.. does it matter heaps? coz i wotn be 18 for quite a while which sucks majorly

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
I wasn't 18 for O week first year either (turned 18 in may :p) and i still managed to have fun. The university usually has an all ages band night at the bar on the hill which is pretty good. The only thing that sucked about not being 18 was not being able to go out on the town with most of the other people

jessum

HSC
ooh.... wel thats crap. but hey.. there'll be other ppl like me who cant go out during o week. its worse for me though, coz i gotta wait till the next year to turn 18. i guess ill be doing lots of studying and not much clubbing next year

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha same..i'm not 18 till the end of may..hopefully it'll still be cool..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Think of it this way, you must be excessively intelligent to be going to uni at your age.

jessum

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Think of it this way, you must be excessively intelligent to be going to uni at your age.
but what use is that... intelligence sucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)