Obtaining ID Cards (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
You need to get an ID card in order to start reaping the benefits of studying at UNSW (e.g. concession fares, cheaper food at uni etc). You can get your cards now, which we strongly recommend as the lines will be beastly during O-week and the first week!

How to do this?

First of all, you need:
- your student number, which is zXXXXXXX where the Xs are numbers. You should've gotten one when you enrolled online.
- a form of ID: preferably a licence, its the most handy, but a passport or birth certificate will also do.
- a pen (will come in handy for filling in forms)

1. Accept your offer online (hopefully done!)

2. Come to uni (catch the train to Central, leave via Eddy Ave, and catch a 391, 393 or 395 to UNSW on Anzac Pde). These buses will drop you off at the front entrance on Anzac Pde. Keep walking down the long path in front of you until you see a large, glassy and red building on your right - this is the RED CENTRE. Near this you should see the doors to e-spot, where you will get your card.

3. Fill in a form for a 2006 Student Concession Pass (something like that).

4. Line up at the desk with your form filled out, and your ID and student number handy. The staff will take care of the rest. And voila! You have a UNSW ID card!

DO IT NOW!

From the website:

The e-spot is managed by Helen Moustacas and is open from 08:00 AM until 04:30 PM Monday to Friday. During enrolments e-spot is open for extended hours (9am to 10pm during O-week).

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Hm, so let's say I get my first round offer. I accept it, etc, can I come get my student card within a few days? Or do I have to wait until all round offers are out and everything finalised first?

Acid

HSC
I have just moved to part-time uni - am I still entitled to a concession fare? Is there anything I can do to still get one on the sly?

sunny

meh.
HSC
MedNez said:
Hm, so let's say I get my first round offer. I accept it, etc, can I come get my student card within a few days? Or do I have to wait until all round offers are out and everything finalised first?
You have to be enrolled to get your student card. Preferrably come couple of days after you enrol since the e-Spot and myUNSW systems aren't updated in real time.

Acid said:
I have just moved to part-time uni - am I still entitled to a concession fare? Is there anything I can do to still get one on the sly?
To be a "full time" student you have to be doing 18uoc or more a session.

Acid

HSC
So if I enrol in 18uoc or more, get my card, then drop the course.. how long do I have to do all this before i'm stuck with the extra units?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Acid said:
So if I enrol in 18uoc or more, get my card, then drop the course.. how long do I have to do all this before i'm stuck with the extra units?
The census date is the last day before changing your enrolment will incur penalty.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Thats what I'm thinking too, but when you dont pay the union fees.. they'll find out that you're not a full time student.

Acid

HSC
So does anyone have any conclusive info? Can I fake being a full-time student until I get my concession card and then un-enrol from the extra courses? Has anyone actually tried this?

Don't wanna waste my time for nothing.. :S

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
no, don't waste your time coz you'll be wasting everyone elses time. there are reasons for it being only full time students. Don't scam the system. we don't need ppl like you taking more money away from sydney's transport system.

Acid

HSC
jawjayo said:
no, don't waste your time coz you'll be wasting everyone elses time. there are reasons for it being only full time students. Don't scam the system. we don't need ppl like you taking more money away from sydney's transport system.
Get stuffed. Australian income taxes are among the highest in the world - the government sucks me dry every year. I am at least entitled to a concession card because i'm a student (part-time or not), and I don't give a crap if I have to be dodgy to get it.

sunny

meh.
HSC
That is how the system works. End of story.

derek_

HSC
do we have to do the WHOOOOOOOOLE process again? (2nd yr student here)

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you mean filling out a 30 second form...yes

gman03

HSC
Suppose I will do part-time for sem 1 and full time for sem 2. Will there be a transport logo on my ID card?

*puzzled*

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
btw, ID cards are available now, my friend got his yesterday.

Apparently you have to take another photo as they have lost their database or something?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Minai said:
btw, ID cards are available now, my friend got his yesterday.

Apparently you have to take another photo as they have lost their database or something?
That's going to make the lines extra long

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
gman03 said:
Suppose I will do part-time for sem 1 and full time for sem 2. Will there be a transport logo on my ID card?

*puzzled*
Your card won't have the STA logo on it but I assume if you go into eSpot at the beginning of next semester and get them to check out your enrollment they'll see that you're full time again and afix an STA sticker onto your card.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
argh

the design is the same as last year, slightly different font but my head looks totally narrow in it

no i'm not scanning my new one, it looks really bad cos i didnt do my hair, i might end up shelling out $10 to get a new one when my hair grows out

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Hm..I might go on monday to get mine. I'll be happy to get another mugshot done because last year's one is horrible.

gman03

HSC
I actually quite like the background of 2005 id card and the layout of 2004 id card. Can't wait to use my 2005 card as my dedicated library card!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)