Ocd (1 Viewer)

Guesss

HSC
I cannot step on the cracks in pavement or those tar joining lines that join 2 planks of pavement thingo. I have done it, but its just awkward, dunno why.

And worst of all, i absofuckinglutely HATE getting fingerprint smudges/dust buildup on anything shiny i own: watch, specs, fone screen, ipod screen, laptop (completely glossy, fml), need to wipe it all to pristine cleanness.
Me too! Also as opposed those of u who wait till theres a pause between rings to answer the phone...I wait till its in the middle of a ring! :haha:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lol I had this bad when I was young, eveything I did had to be done in my own 'even' way. Now it's more just a compulsion that I can ignore, but will feel much more at ease if I fulfill those compulsions.
I have to finish a set of stairs on my left foot (This is still an obsession, if I finish on my right then I have to go back up/down the stairs and go again)
If something out of the ordinary (like something cold or hot or sharp etc.) touches me on the left side of my body, then I'd want the same thing to touch me (or the same feeling at least) on the same place except on the right side of my body. And vice versa.
When I used to watch the TV/look at computer screen/look at a window/anything that's a square, if I looked at the corner of it, then I'd have to look at the other corners. And further, if I looked at it in a clockwise direction I'd have to look at all the corners again in an anti-clockwise direction. And vice versa.
Everything had to be 100% neat and tidy. Perfect in my own sense. I couldn't stand having a piece of paper or something to be sticking out of my table. It'd have to be aligned parallel to the table. No books/pieces of paper could overlap etc. And the chair had to be perpendicular to the table.
Much more but I grew out of most of it from like Year 6 or something. Haven't fully grown out of it though.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
heh, i just pic up the fone whenever, mid ring or not.
That's cos you're an Arab and you have to pick it up quickly in order to receive your jihadi orders against the infidels, lest Allah strike you down like the infidel you are. Inshallah.

HSC
I dont think this is OCD, but I always have to write out my lecture notes....

HSC
Nah- I literally cannot print out any lecture notes.... I refuse to read them off a printed piece of paper. for some reason I ALWAYS have to rewrite them onto paper and abbreviate words. Thats pretty screwed.

PaintItBlack

HSC
Well,

I only have them at night, for some strange reason.

Whenever I look at my digital clock (when I'm in bed) the numbers can't add up to 13. If they do, I have to keep looking away and back again until it changes. I also have this before-sleeping ritual where my slippers have to be the same angle to the bed, and my study chair has to be 90 degrees to the foot of my bed, with my dressing gown piled on top of it neatly. I also have to say this phrase many times over, making sure that I don't say it 6, 13, 14 or 23 times (and preferably not a multiple of 2). And when I say good night to my parents, I have to say the exact phrase perfectly. If I mess it up, I have to say it again twice, to make sure I don't say 2, 4, 6 (or any multiple of two) times.

If I don't do these things, I have this weird feeling that something bad will happen the next day. It's kind of irritating.

Guesss

HSC
Nah- I literally cannot print out any lecture notes.... I refuse to read them off a printed piece of paper. for some reason I ALWAYS have to rewrite them onto paper and abbreviate words. Thats pretty screwed.
LOL im the opposite i have to type all my notes etc.:)

iNerd

Banned
HSC
i'm even worse
i call ocd

cdo
cause the letters are in order... like they SHOULD BE

and plus, when I tell time, it has to be rounded to the neariest 15, 30, 45 or 00.
eg it's 2:12 i say its 2:15. It just has to be RIGHT. And if i put something somewhere all the time, in conservative to change and would HATE if some one moved it.
in other cases I do my homework and some thing in the back of my head says "if you don't finish the rest of this work in 30 minutes, your going to fail your test" and so in the next 30 minutes i work really hard to finish my work. And if i do NOT finish my homework, i actually do end up failing my test. so that little voice in my head is pretty important.

Miz Janani

HSC
* When i watch the tv the volume has to be on an even number. Eg, 2, 4, 6, etc...
* After touching a chemical (or just the bottle itself) i will constantly wash my hands until i feel as though it is all gone.
* I always fold the corners of a page on the right side, never on the left...
* When i go to sleep, i cant have any windows, blinds, or cupboards open.
* I cannot sleep without a blanket, regardless of the weather.

There's probably heaps more, but icb thinking of them.

jess92

HSC
-i do things in lots of fours, if i check the time i check it four times, i only eat four lollies at a time, if i touch a door handle i touch it four times
- the volume for tv, radio etc needs to be an even number
- i check my windows, cupboards, doors are locked/shut two times before i go to bed
- i was my hands alot and also carry that dettol hand sanitiser
ummm yea but these are not all the time, usually only at night for the first three but the hand thing is all the timee.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
when i step on crunchy leaves i have to do so evenly - if i step on a super crunchy one and then on a not so crunchy one, i sometimes have to step on a second not so crunchy one to make up for it. lol

HSC
Not really OCD but anyways..:
If our house isn't tidy, i get agitated; it makes me annoyed kinda thing.. its weird :S
I also have to 'win' any argument with anyone.. especially with my brother haha

Can't think of anymore atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)