Off campus access (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Just to let you guys know, the library is changing the off campus access. Just incase you didn't know. Heres the details:

Off Campus Access is Changing

In the week beginning 12 September, how you access Library services from Off Campus will change.

What's changing?
The Off Campus Access button will be replaced by the means to login immediately after following any journal title or database link when you are off-site. Once you login, you will be taken directly to the resource you want to access. No more 'Welcome' screens or re-searching because you forgot to login first. Once you have logged in, you should not need to login again unless you close your browser window, or don’t use it for more than 30 minutes. Onsite users will see a different URL, however on-site use of resources should not be affected.

Why?
Feedback from our clients has shown the greatest level of frustration with Off Campus Access is the need to remember to login first, and having to re-do searches if you forget. The changes are intended to reduce the number of steps you need to follow when you are accessing resources from outside the UWS network. You can search as you would if you were onsite and not need to re-navigate the site to get to resources if you forgot to login first.

When?
The upgrade to the service means changing every URL in our Library catalogue, and all database links and links within subject guides on the Library website. This is a not insignificant task, which we hope to make as seamless as possible. However, it will take a few days to complete. This is why the changes will be made in the intra-semester break, commencing 12 September. At the end of the week when the changes are completed, the Off Campus Access button will be removed from the site. Your patience whilst we make the changes during the week of September 12 will be appreciated. Please 'watch this space' and the regular Library news items for further details.

klh

HSC
cool, i hate that stupid log in thingy, they are acting on our surveys....
thank cape

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Last time I checked, the whole library site wasn't working for me. Damn it, and I need to print something off! It kept saying "session timed out" Silly technology :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)