Off topic. Can someone identify the musical instruments of this piece? (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
I know that there must be a violin, trumpet, (maybe a French horn?) flute and drums in there but because of my musical ignorance (which I apologise for) that is all I can gather from the following piece-

YouTube - Saving Private Ryan Soundtrack - Revisiting Normandy

Any help will be appreciated. Oh, and is it called a piece by the way or is there a specific name for it?

Thanks.

HSC
I know that there must be a violin, trumpet, (maybe a French horn?) flute and drums in there but because of my musical ignorance (which I apologise for) that is all I can gather from the following piece-

YouTube - Saving Private Ryan Soundtrack - Revisiting Normandy

Any help will be appreciated. Oh, and is it called a piece by the way or is there a specific name for it?

Thanks.
i can hear a double bass, oboe, timpani

edit: probably safe to say the entire strings are there

film score?

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
did you not read the description? Saving Private Ryan Soundtrack composed by John Williams, performed by the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

the entire orchestra is there, and in my opinion America's best.

HSC
did you not read the description? Saving Private Ryan Soundtrack composed by John Williams, performed by the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

the entire orchestra is there, and in my opinion America's best.
rofl..fuck me

Kittikhun

HSC
I don't want to put you guys in a bind but if you guys don't mind could you help me identifying the instruments in this following piece? It starts at 1.27 and ends at 2.37. I'm guessing that there is the flute in there but I keep on getting confused between the flute and the clarinet. How do you tell the difference between the two instruments? Is there also a violin in there?

YouTube - John Adams - Declaration of Independence

Thank you. I apologise once more for my musical ignorance.

what!

HSC
I don't want to put you guys in a bind but if you guys don't mind could you help me identifying the instruments in this following piece? It starts at 1.27 and ends at 2.37. I'm guessing that there is the flute in there but I keep on getting confused between the flute and the clarinet. How do you tell the difference between the two instruments? Is there also a violin in there?

YouTube - John Adams - Declaration of Independence

Thank you. I apologise once more for my musical ignorance.
i think there are violins, flute(s), harp, and some brass towards the end. For me, flute is more airy than clarinet has a warm tone especially in the lower register. i guess you just have to listen to more of each to know what they sound like, can't really describe it fully in words.

Kittikhun

HSC
i think there are violins, flute(s), harp, and some brass towards the end. For me, flute is more airy than clarinet has a warm tone especially in the lower register. i guess you just have to listen to more of each to know what they sound like, can't really describe it fully in words.
Thank you.

Kittikhun

HSC
Another one. This one is rather long (6.32) so if you don't have the time or can't be bothered, don't.

YouTube - Band of Brothers - Suite One

I'm particularly intrigued by the instrument playing in the first minute. Are they violins, violas or cellos playing? (yet again I can distinguish these instruments from each other)

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)