Off unsw law by 0.15 whats the chances of getting in? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
So you're suggesting doing this is would be better idea than doing a combined at another uni... say UTS? and then applying for a transfer after first year?
It is less complicated to apply for internal transfer within the same university because you don't have to go through UAC, at least for UNSW internal transfer. And those requirements listed in my previous post are very achievable.

Plus you don't have to worry about credit transfer and which subjects you have done in say UTS matches with those of UNSW (In some instances, UNSW may not grant you credit for certain subjects if they feel there are no UNSW equivalent subjects).

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
It is less complicated to apply for internal transfer within the same university because you don't have to go through UAC, at least for UNSW internal transfer. And those requirements listed in my previous post are very achievable.

Plus you don't have to worry about credit transfer and which subjects you have done in say UTS matches with those of UNSW (In some instances, UNSW may not grant you credit for certain subjects if they feel there are no UNSW equivalent subjects).
UNSW Internal Transfers are a VERY feasible route. I know 5 people who got in via the newly implemented system. Imo it lowers the standard a tad, but it gives people a second shot :)

KevinWu

HSC
I was just thinking of the same thing. Yet we still push on and answer these questions. :D

Yes so do put LLB at UNSW down as your first, then put a UNSW single degree down as your second preference. e.g.

1. Law/Commerce
2. Commerce

or 1. Law/Science
2. Science

If you do not get into Law, apply for a transfer after your first year. There is an internal tansfer scheme at UNSW. You can apply if:

Your UAI is 95-96.95 and a minimum WAM of 75 with no fails

OR

UAI 97-100 and a minimum WAM 70 with no fails

For more information:https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_Law.html
hahaha thanks with the website, now i know exactly what I need to get into Law

KevinWu

HSC
well you could just pay upfront your fees and you could get in. Thats another option.
I thought the Rudd government got rid of that. If not, how does it work and where would you pay? I doubt my parents would pay though.

Pyrokinetic

HSC

So for the Internal Transfer Program at UNSW - are you guarenteed a place in 2nd year once you meet the criteria (WAM & ATAR) or is there another ranking process?

Failure_123

HSC
LOL kids these days. Shut up you little weiner, go learn how to drive first.
Hahah losers these days who can't make it in to prestigious universities, thus go to western uni's. Quite frankly, you fail life, whether you choose to believe it or not.

In fact, you'll find out when employers say ''no thanks, go work somewhere more realistic for your qualification like maccas''.:eek:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Lol? so you deliberately find my post to come back at me? you're pathetic, no wonder you ended up in UWS. You might as well go TAFE.
I'm pathetic for quoting you? Its a common thing to do on internet forums so people are aware of what you are refering to. You also did it to me, does that make you pathetic too?

Talk to me when you've grown up and experienced the world. I have one year left till I have finished a law degree, I don't care where I started or finished. I believe you've just insulted numerous TAFE and UWS students, neither institution is worthless or deserves you to be looking down on them...what is is about HSC kids that makes them think they are qualified to judge uni's, their studentsot speak about employment prospects...Lets see where you end up next year with that attitude!

dste6

HSC
lets not feed the troll, melsc. Only seems to encourage him

Pyrokinetic

HSC
According to a letter I was given, it's guaranteed if you meet the WAM & ATAR requirements.
Wow really? Thanks the information! I would have thought there'd be a quota on student intake via transfers, and therefore a ranking system but if not then thats pretty sweet.

Sounds like this might be a better option than starting law at UTS and applying for transfer to UNSW then, seeing as WAM of 70 is quite feasible (i think/hope)....

leoyh

mic`
HSC
Yes, it is a really good way of getting into unsw law. If you're keen on doing law at unsw, this is the most ideal option. If you're interested in law but not fussed about the uni, UTS will suffice

Failure_123

HSC
I'm pathetic for quoting you? Its a common thing to do on internet forums so people are aware of what you are refering to. You also did it to me, does that make you pathetic too?

Talk to me when you've grown up and experienced the world. I have one year left till I have finished a law degree, I don't care where I started or finished. I believe you've just insulted numerous TAFE and UWS students, neither institution is worthless or deserves you to be looking down on them...what is is about HSC kids that makes them think they are qualified to judge uni's, their studentsot speak about employment prospects...Lets see where you end up next year with that attitude!
Lol, it was not my intent to insult anyone who attends TAFE or UWS. But as far as i know very few in comparison with other uni's and institutions such as USYD,UTS AND UNSW have equal chance of getting the same job/pay etc. It does not necessarily mean you won't be able to achieve the same as the others, it means it's harder. I know many people who went UWS and more prestigous uni's such as ANU. Sorry:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)