• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Offical: I wish buffy was still on thread (1 Viewer)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
glycerine said:
6 - watch firefly!
agree with all, but most especially this one. although i haven't watched season 7 a second time, so i'll have to wait and see on that

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Ahh, I miss Buffy!
I never really managed to get into Angel... I just don't like the character (please don't hurt me!).
I think I've seen every episode of Buffy except a few from the college seasons, with Riley in them... I didn't like him much either, those episodes just didn't draw me in.

Season 7 was quite possibly my favourite season.
I've been tossing up as to whether it would be stupid of me to buy it on DVD without first owning the other seasons.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
fuck off angel was better than buffy! buffy was the original and the best. angel was a second rate (still good but compared to buffy..) that was never as successful!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
actually, i think you can't say that either is 'better', per se. they had different aims and different approaches and just different energies overall. on the whole i think i have to say i actually prefer angel, but in my eyes that doesn't make it 'better' - it's just different.

angel, for the record, was about much more than the character of angel. in fact, i think, similar to buffy, he was probably one of the more boring characters on the show. it was the ensemble work that made angel great, same as buffy.

*/pretentious ranting*

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yes but for sheer entertainment nothing will ever top buffy

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
uhh, again i have to disagree. sorry. buffy/angel/firefly rate as my top 3 television shows ever, but don't you think it's possible that they're about more than sheer entertainment value?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
glycerine said:
all you buffy/angel fans should watch firefly, it's the bomb. managed to be as good as, if not better, than the buffyverse in 17 episodes
just because i can't let this slide, there were 14 episodes of firefly, or 15 if you count the 2 parter serenity as separate eps

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
damnit pat, i admitted that mistake OUT LOUD to you/mark (don't remember) like 3 days ago

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
*sigh* i love it when people resurrect this thread

ahh! i have a legal exam in 45 mins!

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Just thought I'd share this because I was so excited to get all the seasons so cheap!

I just bought Buffy seasons 1-6 on DVD for for $22 per 3 discs, which equals about $44 per season (and only $22 for season 1!). I would have got season 7 too, but it was sold out. Both K-Mart and Target should have them.

MouNtY

Loz#1 said:
I miss it too. I keep myself occupied with the re-runs on Fox 8 though.
ME TOO!!! i watched 'Slayerfest 7' for the whole three days it was on.....and on the third day......saw the last seven episodes back to back and it was like a movie almost it was EXCELLENT! i wish buffy hadn't finished

tabularasa

HSC
Ahh my buffy and angel collection is complete. I think i spent about 369 on buffy and 275 on angel. And you know what don't regret a cent of it.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Buffy should have finished when it did. I like to think of it fondly during the first 3 seasons, and a little bit in the 5th season. it should have ended after the gift.
When you look at the overall last 2 seasons of buffy are they really worth it. when theyre on fox8 i change the channel.

Angel on the other hand should still be on. The shit it was cancelled for isnt even getting half the ratings angel did. suck shit WB you bastards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)